The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pro-flight by Nicholas Einhorn and Robert Swadling (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
puffinmonkey
View Profile
Elite user
Seattle
437 Posts

Profile of puffinmonkey
Any reviews on this yet?

-Alex
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
of the JV Naughty Vanish....
883 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
Alex, I think this is only pre order right now.

But Hmmmm.... This looks (and I stress the word LOOKS) almost EXACTLY like Steve Dushecks Ringer.... So much so that I got mine out and had a moment of de'ja vu. The keychain has the same fob, rectangle key holder, same shaped leather around the fob. It also RESEMBLES The Morelli Ring by CW.( I own both, plus ALOT of other ring flights, both reels and reelless) BUT maybe Steve or CW put their stamp on this. AND if it has a new style hook up and not just a different routine, you can count on me picking this up.

-J-
I don't care how fast or slow you are.... As long as I am faster.. -J-
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
I got this Email from Steve Dusheck:

Thank you for writing. The handling certainly looks the same as my Ringer. The shape of the key ring and fob is the same as my Ringer too. Nick bought my Ringer several years ago and later he asked me for permission to make my Ringer. I told him he didn't have my permission and I needed the income I received from Ringer.

He didn't really do the entire trick by removing the finger ring from the key ring and the camera never really gave a close-up view of the prop. I think it would be very sad if two well known and respected magicians needed the money so bad that they had to copy my trick.

Time will tell if they came up with an improvement or simply copied my Ringer.

Best wishes,

Steve

So there might be an issue here... I honestly hope that it is something different because I really like ring flights. If it is just an alteration on Ringers gimmick then.........hmmm.....

-J-
puffinmonkey
View Profile
Elite user
Seattle
437 Posts

Profile of puffinmonkey
Thanks for the reply Judah, I really hope this isn't just a copy. Einhorn is one of my magicians, loved his spooked effect. I use it all the time. I guess we'll have to wait and see if this effect really does contradict with each other.

-Alex
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
I hope Nick hasn't ripped Steve's Ringer.

Maybe he's just played around with it a little and discovered some wonderful things to do with it.

Let's see how Nick's compares to Steve's and let's hope he hasn't just taken Steve's Ringer and stretched things a little.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2414 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
And very much like the old Tony Clark,
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Looks like many people have been playing with Steve's Ringer.
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
Well Nicolas is a member here, maybe he could come in and clear somethings up?
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1392 Posts

Profile of rowland
Is there a link for this anywhere?
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3992 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Quote:
On 2010-03-14 04:02, rowland wrote:
Is there a link for this anywhere?

Google is your friend.
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
einhorn
View Profile
Regular user
London
188 Posts

Profile of einhorn
"Time will tell if they came up with an improvement or simply copied my Ringer".

Hi Magic Café!
I have read the previous comments and want to reassure everyone that I have not copied Ringer.

Pro-Flite was certainly inspired by Steve Dusheck's excellent prop and I have given it full credit on the DVD. For those that own or know RINGER you will realise what makes Pro-Flite different, just from the add copy alone.

I think it would be unfair of me to discuss what I think are major differences/advantages in the two on an open public forum.

I think reviews from people who will soon own both Ringer and Pro-Flite will be more reassuring to those that currently think it is just a copy.

I believe that Pro-Flite will tick a lot of boxes for both the hobbyist and pro. How many routines which form part of your 'A-list' set can be carried with you and performed at the drop of a hat? I think it is reassuring to know you will always have something so strong with you for those moments when people say - "Can you do something amazing...."

Nick
puffinmonkey
View Profile
Elite user
Seattle
437 Posts

Profile of puffinmonkey
Thanks for the input nick. Looks great
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
I just did the same thing with a normal carbiner keychain from wal-mart.

So I must ask, does this gimmicked key ring more easily conceal the ring when it's held with in the hand?

I enjoy the routine, I just would like to understand what this offers over what I've just done with my normal keyring.

Thank you,
Bryan
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
Hey Nick,

Before I go on, I wanna say to all that I am not about bashing Nick here, I own Spooked, I own Word In A Million, If I still did self levi's I would own In Flight. I like Nicks thinking and his released effects. With that being said...

This IS the forum for telling us on the Café what makes Pro-Flight better then Ringer. It IS also the one to tell us the pros and cons.(Hence the Latest and Greatest....lol!!) This is the exact forum for creators to come in and quell the inevitable questions that come up even after reading the ad copy. (without exposure of course!) And we have ALL fallen victim to false ad copy, or as some would say 'cleverly worded ad copy'. (PLEASE ... I am not saying Nick is doing that at all) BUT I rarely take ad copy for set in stone.

I know we all stand on the shoulders of others. I applaud the fact that Nick credits Steve. I read the ad copy thoroughly before I made this post, and I can see only one real difference between Ringer and Pro-Flight (besides the added ring on string routine) is that the ad says the spec can handle the keyring. Which in the Demo, she does. So that point seems to be true. BUT the question remains....

Is the GIMMICK different then Ringer? The reason I find this so important to ask, is because the style of keychain is EXACTLY the same. To me this means treading on thin ice. We could look at this in several ways: 1. Nick and Bob came up with a new style gimmick. 2. They combined different gimmicks to make a new gimmick (i.e: putting a morelli gimmick on a ringer keychain) 3. They copied a Gimmick. I, personally, am hoping it is number one. If not then they have stepped in number two!! (ok it was a bad joke, but I had to take it)

I will not deny that I am intrigued by the spec handling the keychain. I liked the premise for why you take the keys out and show them before the ring appears. If Nick can tell me that the gimmick is different, (without exposing how) I can promise a pre order.

Sorry for the long post but I have too much free time sometimes......

Respectfully,

Judah
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
Bryan,

With carabiner keychains, the method for HOW the ring got on there is apparent (to some). It takes less then a second to put something on a carabiner keychain, which is a GREAT effect of the design. Totally works like a charm!! And, yes, I did exactly what you did with a walmart carabiner. Easy, Cheap, Effective (to a point).

Now lets look at Pro-Flight, Ringer, and The Morelli Ring: While it takes the SAME amount of time to load (I am assuming on PF), the difference that makes these better is the you have to unscrew the keychain to get the ring off. It takes 7 full turns on Ringer and 15 on the Morelli to get the keychain open. All it takes on a carabiner keychain is to unclip it. Makes it a bit more of a mystery and the wow factor is better (speaking from expierience). That would be what I percieve as the difference, and what I percieve makes any one of these better. (In My Humble Opinion)

-J-
einhorn
View Profile
Regular user
London
188 Posts

Profile of einhorn
OK, to answer some of the comments and questions....

Bryan says....
"I just did the same thing with a normal carbiner keychain from wal-mart".

Hi Bryan - Judah pretty much summed it up well with his post. The amazement is going to fizzle out pretty quick when they realise you are holding a carabiner. Everyone knows you can put something onto one of those in under a second.

Part of the mystery is not understanding how something can get onto a keyring that has to be SCREWED shut.

Judah says....
"This IS the forum for telling us on the Café what makes Pro-Flight better then Ringer"

It may be, but I am not going to blow my own trumpet and tell you Pro-Flite is better than all the rest. It will suit a lot of people (Pro as well as novice) and it is better for such comments on how reliable/practical/amazing it is to come from them rather than me. I am confidant it is a powerhouse gimmick because I use it about 20-50 times a week (and have done for years) and it is one of the strongest routines I perform. Many of my closest friends in magic have seen me use this successfully over that time and been waiting for this to be released.

I am positive those that purchase this gimmick will add it to their keys within minutes and be playing with this all the time.

Judah also asks...

"Is the GIMMICK different then Ringer?"

Yes. Absolutely. Different method and different construction.

Pro-Flite is being independently reviewed currently and I hope to be able to post that review here very soon.

Nick
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
Ok... You know what?

Nick is a class act. He answered my main query with poise. And he has the class to say he is not going to 'Blow his own trumpet', which some creators LOVE to do. He does not say this is the end all, or even that its better then others. THAT is a class act gentlemen.

Soooo... I have no more questions, (well not true, but close) and I am not going to post here again until the effect is in my hot little hands.

Nick - Thank you. You are truly tops.

-J-
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4996 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
Judah, Nick,

Thanks guys for clearing that up. With that said, the effect looks great! This looks like something I will be picking up, since I love impromptu magic.

Thanks,
Bryan
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1721 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
I was lucky enough to chat with Nick about Pro-Flite during the development stage. It has gone through a number of changes and is now a top quality piece of apparatus. I have Ringer and can tell you that while both achieve the same effect, the prop is made differently and the while the method of getting the ring onto it is similar (I can't think of any other way to do it!) it is different enough. You will see what I mean when you get it Smile It is the same as two wallets for a 'Card to Wallet' effect. They may both be black, hip-style wallets, the card ends up inside with both of them but the method of getting it in there is slightly different and the wallets are made differently.

Whether one is better than the other will depend on your own performing style and ability with each. The one big thing Pro-Flite has going in its favour is that it is examinable, not just in a casual way but if someone wants to check it out for any gaps, magnets, mirros or whatever else people think they will find, they will not find them here.
Paragon 3D - the most incredible Card to Clear Box you will ever own. Be fooled here: http://youtu.be/GQxRZ1OGkUo
The Silent Treatment - Digital Edition: this iconic routine just got upgraded! Watch - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=phTDUhX0m9o
Order the bar-raising DVD set 'Connection' at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pro-flight by Nicholas Einhorn and Robert Swadling (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.3 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL