We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pro-flight by Nicholas Einhorn and Robert Swadling (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
Robmonster
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Robmonster
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2016, mh1001 wrote:

I saw this part of the video, and I know you can do it with RFR. You just have to give your keys to the spectator (after you have loaded the ring), asking him/her to hold it, but take care not to reveal the ring or let the ring touch the palm of their hand (that is, same thing as with Pro-Flite). That's simple to do especially if you have lot of keys to conceal somewhat that single ring. You can even cover the keys with your hand as well, and say you'll make the ring pass through the hand (that is covering the keys) and boom! you reveal that the ring is on the clip.

Thanks for your reply. I respectfully disagree that is the same thing. With Pro-Flite you can actively call attention to the key ring, they can see there is no ring there and then moments later without the keyring going out of sight the ring has appeared.

With what you are suggesting for RFR the spectator will just think it was already there and they just didn't see it due to all the clutter already on the keyring

Neither effect is 'better' than the other, just different. Personally I just love the moment above of something appearing where they have specifically /just/ looked. You just cant get that moment with RFR in my opinion.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
It depends on personal preference . Both have their advantages . RFR requires a longer reset time than Pro-Flite , ( although both will not take more than 5 seconds ) . While RFR allows you to transport the ring to the keychain without the hands ever touching it , though it's more expensive than Pro-Flite . However with Pro-Flite , the keys can be shown openly and can be directly stared at to ensure nothing is hidden , and by placing it in the spectator's hand , the transposition happens in the spectator's hand .

I have both RFR and Pro-Flite . I'm not sure which one I prefer more since I used them interchangeably , depending on the routine I'm going for . While RFR can be done surrounded , it requires a jacket on preferably and a tiny little body movement restriction . Pro-Flite , though is angle sensitive that it's best preferred with no one standing at the back , does not have body restrictions and does not requires clothing restriction . However if used with a jacket on , it could be done surrounded . I've used Pro-Flite with Blazer on and done surrounded , and passed smoothly

Both are outstanding products . If one has a budget , go for Pro-Flite , if one has more , there's RFR to choose from as well , however again , it really depends on the situation one works in and preference .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Choi Sin To
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
65 Posts

Profile of Choi Sin To
Http://youtu.be/OXWuVt1Uj8I
Alakzam review RFR and pro flight years before.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2416 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I had 2 Pro Flts, both had issues locking, I finally turned to RFR and at the same time, I tried Departure. After playing with both for a few months, I decided Departure suited me best, I liked the smaller size the most. It fit in my pocket very comfortably with my everyday keys.
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1577 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I've been using Pro Flite for about a year with no issues. I get great reactions.
I have 2 sets of keys and I want to have the ProFlite key chain on both sets.
Finding the same or a similar key chain is not as easy as others may think.
You have to consider, Thread count, barrel diameter, spacing when open, chain diameter, chain size, shape, etc.
I've been looking for a while. Once I thought I found one but when I took it home it was all wrong.
I've been to Auto stores, Home Depot, Lowes and whenever I see a store that sells keychains, I check them out.
I searched Amazon for "keychain screw" and found hundreds. There are a few that looked promising but I don't want to buy them just to find out they don't work.

Does anyone know where to get them?
Does Nick Einhorn sell them?
I don't heed the Unicorn part. Just the metal ring chain.
Ihor
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5339 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
IIRC I believe that he had them manufactured to detailed specs. So I imagine you would have to purchase the entire keychain again. I can't see why he would just sell the device without the fob. However I could be wrong, so why don’t you write him and see.

Jim
On The Offbeat
View Profile
Loyal user
282 Posts

Profile of On The Offbeat
Ihop, with all the hassle and expense of trying to find something identical it seems easier to just buy another Pro-Flite, and possibly cheaper as well in the long run.

But more importantly, if you've gotten a years worth of great reactions with it and potentially many more years to come, don't you think you kind of owe it to Nick for bringing this item to market so you could enjoy the benefits?
I mean we're not talking about a $400 trick here.
Do the honorable thing and buy a second one. You didn't mention why you apparently don't consider that a viable option. At least you wouldn't have to worry about thread count, barrel diameter, etc. Why go to so much trouble to save a few bucks?
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1577 Posts

Profile of Ihop
J-Mac,
I'll do that. I don't mind purchasing the entire keychain again. I went to Nick's website but his contact info was just for bookings. I'll try to find him here on the Café. Thanks for the suggestion.

On the Offbeat
Don't berate me for looking for a keychain.
I paid for the trick and I firmly believe in supporting the creators and B&M stores. I don't need to pay for the DVD and the secret a second time. Sometimes creators sell parts and refills for tricks if you have proof of purchase. I couldn't find the keychain on any online stores, including Einhorn's website'

There was really no hassle or expense trying to find something identical. I didn't make special trips to the stores mentioned. I would check out their key section if I'm there for something else. I don't understand where you got the idea "all the expense"?

I didn't mention purchasing Pro Flite a second time as a "viable option" because I find your suggestion wasteful. I'm not rich and on a fixed income.
I find your phrase "Do the honorable thing and buy a second one" insulting.
So get off your high horse and stop lecturing me about supporting the creator.
Ihor
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Ihop,

Massive overreaction. I bet if you emailed Nic he would give you a price for a spare gimmick. I have done the same with him in the past on other releases of his. He is very approachable.

Besides, they often pop up on second hand magic sites, not sure where in the world you are but MagicWeek has an active selling page, and there are a nub er of Facebook groups.
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1577 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Mandy,
Perhaps I did overreact. Sorry to the members for that but he just ****ed me off.
Anyway, thanks for the advice.
Ihor
Gipstein
View Profile
New user
Connecticut
73 Posts

Profile of Gipstein
Okay, it is 2020 and I just got Pro Flite. Two things. First, the gimmick seems no different from the rectangular key rings with the spinning open/lock thingy that I can buy at Home Depot or elsewhere for a few bucks. What makes this different / worth $30 or so? And, for those who have done this, isn't it obvious to anyone looking at the ring how the key go on there? Have people ever just said that's what you did? I want to do this and love this, but in some ways the Flite gimmick seems more deceptive. Any reactions helpful. Thanks!
Magic is where dreams become reality and reality becomes a dream.
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of indomagic
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2020, Gipstein wrote:
Okay, it is 2020 and I just got Pro Flite. Two things. First, the gimmick seems no different from the rectangular key rings with the spinning open/lock thingy that I can buy at Home Depot or elsewhere for a few bucks. What makes this different / worth $30 or so? And, for those who have done this, isn't it obvious to anyone looking at the ring how the key go on there? Have people ever just said that's what you did? I want to do this and love this, but in some ways the Flite gimmick seems more deceptive. Any reactions helpful. Thanks!

I believe that the Pro Flite gimmick key ring is not the same with the common rectangular key ring in the market. I do have both Pro Flite and Flite . The advantage of using pro flite the key is fully examinable and you got a DVD to do some of ring and rope routine. While the Flite is more easy to do than Pro Flite.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pro-flight by Nicholas Einhorn and Robert Swadling (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL