The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pro-flight by Nicholas Einhorn and Robert Swadling (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
Quote:
On 2010-12-31 20:08, magicblademan wrote:
Thanks lunatic,Can this be done with the key fob in the pocket rather than hanging out? I don't want to have my shirt tucked out (not my style lol) .

Thanks once again..And happy new year to all.

Shaun

I perform it from my front pocket as a closer to my ring on string routine. I normally wear pleated paints when doing it, however I have done it causal for friends in jeans. When I do this from the front pocket, I hide the ring and do the work needed to secure it out of the pocket, this takes up less time in the pocket. I do not have the key-fob hanging on the outside of the pocket.
The time difference is not noticeable, I did time it and it takes about the same amount of time to remove the keys normal to start my car as it does to do the work in the pocket and remove the keys. I also do not show the ring as I am pulling out the keys, I do the transposition from my closed fist with the string in my hand to the key fob.

I have had this effect since its release and it has been a true worker in my ring to string routine. To me the back pocket never felt natural.

Floyd
No one said it would be easy, or did they?

Check out my all new book "Chicken Scratches" visit my lulu store for more information.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/thecenterstage

http://www.collinscomedymagic.com
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Great info. Thanks.
magicblademan
View Profile
Special user
uk
523 Posts

Profile of magicblademan
Thanks Floyd , I too prefer front pocket because that's where I keep my keys..If I can get it work without hanging the keys outside the pocket then all the better.

Shaun
If you put the time in....you will achieve ...
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
I don't think you will have an issue unless you wear tight jeans that would be hard for you to put your hands in your pocket with or without doing a trick. So as long as you have a little room to work with jeans will be fine.

Floyd
No one said it would be easy, or did they?

Check out my all new book "Chicken Scratches" visit my lulu store for more information.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/thecenterstage

http://www.collinscomedymagic.com
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Thanks for chiming in floyd!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
magicblademan
View Profile
Special user
uk
523 Posts

Profile of magicblademan
Hi Floyd and lunatik ..Thanks once again..My jeans are not that tight so I may get this to try.

Shaun
If you put the time in....you will achieve ...
Mal3
View Profile
New user
UK
79 Posts

Profile of Mal3
Great effect and functional too if you use it to hold other gimmicks.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I tried the front pocket, it was not as easy or fast as the original method described using the back pocket, after reading the above post using a front pocket with the keys inside, I played with it for a while, it justdid not work at all, so I'm sticking with Nick's original,

Dave
Mal3
View Profile
New user
UK
79 Posts

Profile of Mal3
Yes I feel Nick's original presentaion is all that's needed. Then you can go into the other routines explained on the DVD
hocuspocus
View Profile
New user
Magicster
69 Posts

Profile of hocuspocus
Just a neat effect, getting it soon.. I heard this effect requires very little effort and can be learned easily, also requires a basic false transfer of ring other then that the gimmick is crafted so nicely it's unlikely anyone can figure this effect out
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
A friend showed me the gimmick and I watched the DVD with him. I can tell something : the RFR by Dave Bonsall can do everything the Pro-Flite does (even the trick with the spectator holding your car keys). Also, the advantage of RFR is that you can show both hands before reaching to your back pocket. The only problem RFR has is the little noise it makes when the clip retracts after loading the ring. You don't have this with Pro-Flite. On the other hand, while you should not perform Pro-Flite when someone is behind you, you have no such problems with RFR (unless you don't wear a jacket). To be honest, I think you're paying more for the idea than for the material in Pro-Flite. If you know the method, you can easily buy such a thing anywhere. There is no technology here, it's a method so simple that you can get frustrated when you see what you get at the moment you open the package.

By the way, lot of people say Einhorn's ring and rope routines showed in the DVD are top class. I agree.
academy
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of academy
I don't understand why someone keeps talking about gimmick. There is no gimmick in pro-flight, it's just a plain keyring that you can find elsewhere. You are actually paying for the routine.
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2016, academy wrote:
I don't understand why someone keeps talking about gimmick. There is no gimmick in pro-flight, it's just a plain keyring that you can find elsewhere. You are actually paying for the routine.

That's exactly what I said. That's also why I can understand the frustration when you see what you get. For about the same price, you get Departure (which is gimmicked, I assume). For a price that is not low, it's normal for people to expect something very sophisticated and technological.
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Bob Swadling said he did 12 protertypes before the final one so your talking rubbish to be honest about it
Robmonster
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Robmonster
Rfr cannot go everything that the Proflite can do. There is one section if the routine that I just love and plays so strong, and that is where you show your key ring, no ring in view, they look right at your keys. One moment later their ring is with the keys, where they just looked.

Rfr is great, I use it too, but that moment above is just so special with Proflite.
Robmonster
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Robmonster
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2016, mh1001 wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2016, academy wrote:

That's exactly what I said. That's also why I can understand the frustration when you see what you get. For about the same price, you get Departure (which is gimmicked, I assume). For a price that is not low, it's normal for people to expect something very sophisticated and technological.

I'd argue that is not normal at all!
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2016, mh1001 wrote:
A friend showed me the gimmick and I watched the DVD with him. I can tell something : the RFR by Dave Bonsall can do everything the Pro-Flite does (even the trick with the spectator holding your car keys). Also, the advantage of RFR is that you can show both hands before reaching to your back pocket. The only problem RFR has is the little noise it makes when the clip retracts after loading the ring. You don't have this with Pro-Flite. On the other hand, while you should not perform Pro-Flite when someone is behind you, you have no such problems with RFR (unless you don't wear a jacket). To be honest, I think you're paying more for the idea than for the material in Pro-Flite. If you know the method, you can easily buy such a thing anywhere. There is no technology here, it's a method so simple that you can get frustrated when you see what you get at the moment you open the package.

By the way, lot of people say Einhorn's ring and rope routines showed in the DVD are top class. I agree.

The great thing about Nick's product is that he doesn't show the workings of the effect via video for the world to see unlike the RFR because at the end of the day as you said yourself you pay for the secret and the routine where as the public do not and as such shouldn't be able to view it's workings so easily Smile
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2016, Robmonster wrote:
Rfr cannot go everything that the Proflite can do. There is one section if the routine that I just love and plays so strong, and that is where you show your key ring, no ring in view, they look right at your keys. One moment later their ring is with the keys, where they just looked.

Rfr is great, I use it too, but that moment above is just so special with Proflite.

I saw this part of the video, and I know you can do it with RFR. You just have to give your keys to the spectator (after you have loaded the ring), asking him/her to hold it, but take care not to reveal the ring or let the ring touch the palm of their hand (that is, same thing as with Pro-Flite). That's simple to do especially if you have lot of keys to conceal somewhat that single ring. You can even cover the keys with your hand as well, and say you'll make the ring pass through the hand (that is covering the keys) and boom! you reveal that the ring is on the clip.

I insist that it is psychologically normal that people hope to get James Bond's gadgets when they pay a high price, even though it means that if the tool breaks, it's extremely hard to repair. While with a common, cheap tool, there's no fear of losing the tool and have to buy refills.

Me saying : "A friend showed me the gimmick and I watched the DVD with him."

I re-read my earlier comment, and I don't know why I talked about gimmick. It should have been tool/material.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Pro-Flite is gimmicked. Not extensively but very subtly. And "...psychologically normal..."?? Come on now, you made that up, didn't you?! I own and use both mentioned props and to be honest I like Pro-Flite more than RFR. It's quiet, easy to load, and you never have any mechanical problems. (Though RFR hasn’t given me any issues either - unlike the three Departure props I owned!)

And I don’t believe that most people expect "James Bond's gadgets" when paying a high price. Ridiculous statement. Maybe people who don’t want to learn to do the work and instead want gadgets to do it for them. Hopefully those pups get discouraged quickly and give up on magic. Much better for well-practiced magicians to be performing for the masses!

Jim
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Pro-Flite isn't what I consider to be a high priced item. It's under $40 I believe plus you get an excellent routine on the included video.
RFR I would consider a high priced item however.
They both have their strengths and weaknesses so it comes down to personal preference and type of performing you do.
For casual performers who often aren't wearing a jacket then PF is usually a better choice.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pro-flight by Nicholas Einhorn and Robert Swadling (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL