The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Wooden Cups (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
796 Posts

Profile of Keith Mitchell
Just visited Angelo's web site and I have always loved his pill boxes. Only wish I could see someone perform with those pill boxes. I really love his cocobolo cups, they are awesome.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24243 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
That they are!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
angeloturn
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of angeloturn
Thanks for the compliments!

Dale Houck that's a really nice photo of your Dahms/Angelo Takagi cup. Would you be kind enough to send a copy to me at ajiafrate@me.com? It's one of the cups that have escaped from my shop without a "mug" shot (pun intended)

My best

Angelo
Leave no wood unturned.....A
Dale Houck
View Profile
Veteran user
Dakota J Magic at Saint Cloud, FL
373 Posts

Profile of Dale Houck
Photos have been sent. You are a true artist!
Magic is where you find it.....
plungerman
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of plungerman
Bri;

In light of your Porper Cocobola cups, I thought they looked great and should be a pleasure to own and use. But as with all cups that get dark with age, I can't help but think of our enjoymnet of darker cups as being a bit misguided. It's rare to see video or performances where the cups are lit very well and I keep thinking that dark props are harder to see and recognize that bright ones. I know we start by telling them they are cups and showing them fairly but I'm sure the darkness that we enjoy cannot make it across the footlights to the specs. I know a real pro who uses very dark dirty copper cups cuz he likes the look, but to a new audience they can't tell them from wads of dark paper, never mind right side up or down, no matter how he presents them. without crystal clear simple moves the routine can get to be just a muddle waiting for the climax. My two cents.

E
plungerman
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of plungerman
In addition, for wooden cups I've got to go with the Mikame cups, double bead (chopped) or single bead.
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1078 Posts

Profile of BCS
E… Maybe it goes back to preparing for the performance… lighter color balls that contrast with the Cups the same could be said about the working surface.

Thanks,
Bruce
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Wooden Cups (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL