The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Interesting finds at Michael's Craft Store (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
910 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
Just a quickie, the keys, as far as I'm aware are not solid - they are embossed metal so one side will be concave...
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1904 Posts

Profile of chmara
Since I am on a tight budget going to the Williams Magic store in Tucson has had to decrease to one every month -- or two

Now I have to stay away from Wal-Mart and Michaels as well since you guys started pointing out ways to use all this stuff in the craft sections. That is because they always have unique boxes of some type -- and it is up to me to figure out what they will do ---
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6011 Posts

Profile of motown
Lebanoncircle,

I bought a package of the keys and they're whole keys.
They appear the way a key should appear. Hope that helps.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
PSYSHADOW
View Profile
Regular user
England
196 Posts

Profile of PSYSHADOW
Hi Craig,

Thanks for the info.

Unfortunately they want $20.50 postage on top of the price, so I don't think I'll bother.

Thanks again,

BOBBY.
Peace in the World - or - the World in Pieces
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
910 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
Thank Motown, that's always prevented me from buying them in the past - I#ll be purchasing a set!
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Quote:
On 2010-03-15 14:50, handa wrote:
An object also doesn't have to be old or mystical to be a part of a good routine or story.
Sometimes we get too caught up in the ancient and forget that wonder can also exist in the present.

Chris

That reminded me of the first time I saw Jim Gerrish performing Sefalaljia with a plastic crate from the Dollar Store. His story was that he was walking in the crowded aisles of the Dollar Store when this little plastic crate fell on his head. He put it back and it jumped right down again. After doing this several times, he decided that the crate might be haunted, bought it, and took it home to examine it more carefully.

I was giggling to myself when I heard the story, but the audience ate it up. Apparently weird things happen to others in crowded Dollar Stores and I overheard several people talking about similar experiences to one another after his performance (OK, so I eavesdropped!). The dark, spooky forests and caves of the past follow us into the spooky corners of our own modern world.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
I usually have a blast at Michaels looking for odds and ends. I love their small bottles and vases, for example.

Another great place to look for unusual, exotic, and affordable bizarre goodies is "Home Goods" stores. If you have one nearby, check it out. They're nothing like a boring old "Linens 'n' Things", which is what I thought at first. Home Goods has some really neat stuff.
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
raether
View Profile
New user
Shorewood, IL
62 Posts

Profile of raether
Don't forget Hobby Lobby. They have a ton of stuff.
Helmut Raether
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6011 Posts

Profile of motown
I saw a lot of the Tim Holtz products on eBay for those of you who don't have stores that sell it in the area. May also have better shipping prices.

Type in: Tim Holtz ideaology in the search.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
PSYSHADOW
View Profile
Regular user
England
196 Posts

Profile of PSYSHADOW
Thanks for that !

Just got a set of word keys on ebay for approx $18.

Cheers,

BOBBY.
Peace in the World - or - the World in Pieces
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1446 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Always remember the craft stores generally have a 40% off any single item coupon available every week.

Also the craft stores generally accept their competitors coupons too.

This site always has the weekly coupons available to print.
http://www.mycraftcoupons.com/
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6011 Posts

Profile of motown
Some people are are outside the USA and don't have access to the coupon or stores.
– Karl Germain
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1344 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Just received my set after ordering from WalMart online, for ten bucks. They are absolutely beautiful! They'll come in handy for a variety of routines. Thanks again for the heads up!

Seth
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
Michael's sells a great glass and wood display case for football helmets. Perfect to display a Doug Highly Zibit!
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2661 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Quote:
On 2010-03-15 22:17, Seth speaks wrote:
I for one LOVE the set of word keys! I'm thinking maybe a lovely equivoque routine (seven is perfect), or they pick one from a bag and I do a brief reading, or a stunning booktest word force (their randomly chosen word is on the key around my neck), or a contact mindreading routine, etc. They don't have to be old or rare--as long as they are this beautiful! (Of course, I am a huge sucker for keys and boxes...)

I just discovered these keys while searching for something else and I was just about to post a very similar idea. Gotta love the new and improved Search feature on the Café! Smile
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2622 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On 2014-01-07 17:02, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-03-15 22:17, Seth speaks wrote:
I for one LOVE the set of word keys! I'm thinking maybe a lovely equivoque routine (seven is perfect), or they pick one from a bag and I do a brief reading, or a stunning booktest word force (their randomly chosen word is on the key around my neck), or a contact mindreading routine, etc. They don't have to be old or rare--as long as they are this beautiful! (Of course, I am a huge sucker for keys and boxes...)

I just discovered these keys while searching for something else and I was just about to post a very similar idea. Gotta love the new and improved Search feature on the Café! Smile

These ideas are already in Scott Grossberg's "the seven keys" booklet. He also uses the same keys from Michael's. I don't see the effect available on his site any longer, but he has marketed these ideas with these keys. Just a heads up. . .not trying to start anything!

Jorey
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2622 Posts

Profile of afinemesh

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
piyuyu
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of piyuyu
Quote:
On 2014-01-07 20:30, afinemesh wrote:
http://www.vinnymarini.com/sevenkeys/

Sold out. Smile I wonder if he means the book or the keys, or both. Smile
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2622 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
I'm sure it's the book because the keys are avialable in many different places as noted in this thread!

Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1344 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
I love Scott's "The Seven Keys" reading system -- sorry to hear it is sold out. Since the Word Keys and Muse Tokens appeared, Tim Holtz has come out with a lot of things that, while being craft oriented, are of great interest to mentalists and readers, like the Philosophy Tags, and some items that Iain Dunford uses for his wonderful "Tessarula" reading system. I was just at Hobby Lobby today, and they have an entire Tim Holtz section with all kinds of cool stuff.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Interesting finds at Michael's Craft Store (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL