The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Good Effects for a Bachelorette Party? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
theboywonder
View Profile
Loyal user
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
228 Posts

Profile of theboywonder
Good one, MaxfieldsMagic!
It would really be quite tragic
if the world had to do without magic!
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On 2010-03-17 14:51, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
Bet they'd love the sponge bunnies. You could tailor the story to the guest of honor, maybe make a prediction about the number of little ones in her future, then have her open her hand.

... and when she does, it's the magic ding dong! yea!
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On 2010-03-17 17:22, the Sponge wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-03-17 14:51, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
Bet they'd love the sponge bunnies. You could tailor the story to the guest of honor, maybe make a prediction about the number of little ones in her future, then have her open her hand.

... and when she does, it's the magic ding dong! yea!

Then you say, "they grow up so fast these days, don't they?"
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
733 Posts

Profile of TheGingerWizard
Have a look at Rich Marotta's 'What your future holds', a great routine for this type of audience!!
Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

Profile of Justin Impossible
Quote:
On 2010-03-15 15:20, the Sponge wrote:
Oh yeah, swallow a balloon. Smile

To be fair, we don't know what the booker wanted. maybe they want a risque show. What the customer wants/expects probably should have been discussed with the booker. (and maybe they did?)

s

I have done DEEP at a party like this before. Goes over pretty well, lots of jokes which I think people like at these types of parties. But you are right, don't know what type of show it is!
Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com
www.facebook.com/magicianjustinimpossible

A pretty assistant is the most effective form of misdirection.
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
Dudes.
These are ladies looking to have a good time but really many of the suggestions are just tacky and in poor taste. Woman do not like to be handed sponge ding dongs in regular situations by a man and surely do not need YOU to hand it to them.
I am sure there are some raunchy gals out there would get a kick out of it but just hand them two sponge balls and they create their own jokes.

Unless asked to be raunchy, don't! Do really cool magic and effects that appeal to them.
Be the classy one not the creepy one.

Do something with flowers, lipstick, sponges, and MIND READING.

I will say you really need to focus on combat proven effect that do not need too much dialog if it is a loud party and make sure your props are subject to grabby hands from tipsy guests. Bring in adult topics such as this being her last haraa and honeymoon night but be suggestive not dirty.

Do not mock or embarrass the guests with say that stupid bra trick which has a laugh at someones expense.

Just be smooth and cool.

Let us know what you actually used in set and how it went/
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
BTW there are effects out there that are ADULT but not focused on Sex. (bra ding dong ect) Like Kate and Edith for one.
marknem7
View Profile
Elite user
497 Posts

Profile of marknem7
Great stuff posted here. (Thanks especially to Powermagic for his.)

Wish I could report that I got smothered with love when I performed but, regrettably, my bachelorette gig was canceled. Heaven knows, however, that I'm much more prepared for the next opportunity, should it arise, thanks to all this terrific feedback.

And which is now available to everyone. Good, thoughtful thread.

Mark
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Just guessing here, but if you have a good sense of humor...and use comedy in your act, it could work to take some jabs at men in general. Look at the reaction male comics get when they make fun of themselves, or other men in their routines. Both women and men like to stick together, so you may get some good reactions if the humor is clever and genuine.

Just a thought.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2010-04-02 16:18, marknem7 wrote:

Wish I could report that I got smothered with love when I performed but, regrettably, my bachelorette gig was canceled.
Mark

Perhaps the ladies found this thread in Google!?

j
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
3009 Posts

Hopefully the reason for the party wasn't cancelled as well (?)
Ms. Merizing
View Profile
Loyal user
Edwin Carl Erwin is digging postholes for
232 Posts

Profile of Ms. Merizing
For future consideration, focus on adding effects that are magically, even mysteriously "romantic". Yes, even as simple as floating a rose. A sponge ball to heart effect will prove considerably less naff than anything involving cliched artificial genitalia.

Perform a class act utilizing witty/sexy innuendo & double entendre. Leave playing to the lowest common denomenator to others.
Pleased to continue finding that all the world's a stage.
Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
Yep..whatever you were going to do should have included a bit of confetti - I'm with the other posters...keep it classy. Anything else is throwaway and forgettable.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
SPONGE *** IS THE VEWRY BEST TAKE MY WORD ON THIS
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
magicgeekone
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of magicgeekone
If you do another Girly party use Rich Moretta's What your Future Holds....It rocked the Ladies Curling bonspel I just did...I LOVE IT
webstercolby
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of webstercolby
Quote:
On 2010-03-15 00:33, bryanlonden wrote:
You just gave me an idea. Bachelorette party magician. Wow. I love you.

As far as tricks go, just do what you normally do Smile Just flirt more Smile

hahaha just what I was thinking.

keep them in awe with close up tricks.
marknem7
View Profile
Elite user
497 Posts

Profile of marknem7
Seconding dmoses earlier in this thread:

In the review column of the May 2010 issue of MUM, Marc DeSouza states that the effect called Mr. Saturday Night, found in the Kosher Product Lecture Booklet, by Andy Nyman, "is perfect" for performing at bachelorette parties.

Could somebody explain what the effect is?
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
Get Docc Hilfords 'Invisible Stranger' manuscript.

Trust me, you will not be disappointed, you learn and amazing way to be able to read three ladies, whilst naming direct hits like the names & initials of people whom are there friends, but you also tell them about their personality, and what differences their friends have.

The routine is a stunner, easy to do (well that's a lie actually, it is terribly difficult to do with the full gusto that it should, there are only presentational challenges here, but you are presenting to people who want you to!)

But he then goes on to explain, how to quadruple the fee for your booking!

Get consistent gigs, with the opportunity mentioned above.

And thusly turn that system into an earner all on its own.

I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Jon Hackett
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
3009 Posts

How about Til Death Do Us Part, by Jim Critchlow and Alakazam - https://www.alakazam-usa.com/product/Def......tid=5044

Previous thread on this effect: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=14

Official spam:

Using some old wedding photographs of married couples from the last 80 years and a presentation that simply has to be true (doesn't it?) Jim has devised one of the most extraordinarily powerful prediction effects that you will ever perform.

The memory of witnessing 'Til Death Do Us Part resonates with spectators long after the performance is over and most who watch it don't perceive it as any kind of 'trick' at all. It is simply an incredible story with an absolutely inexplicable ending.

Complete with all the necessary photos, full DVD instruction and discussion and PDF files to print more photos as required.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
3009 Posts

Here's another one - The Wedding, by Bruno Copin

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=S9031

Official spam:

WEDDING is a love story about a king and a lady in which you manipulate the cards like puppets. This routine can be presented in table-hopping situations.

A deck of cards appears, the castle. Little by little the cards come to life. Your spectators enter into the dream. Worthy of particular attention is the remarkable horizontal double rising card effect which itself alone is worth the price of the DVD. It deserves close study. As in most of his creations, Bruno COPIN uses specially composed music to accompany the performance of this effect. You will be able to hear this performance on the DVD. Bruno adapts all the effects he creates with his favourite gimmick so that they can be performed close-up. In Bruno's opinion, the most important rule for creating a strong illusion is to be able to hand out the deck for examination BEFORE and AFTER the effect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Good Effects for a Bachelorette Party? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL