The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Multiplying bottles (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1550 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Hi everyone, I have alsways wanted to perform a multiplying bottles routine, an I figure now is as good a time as any to start. I need help selecting a set. I have seen many different kinds, and need your professional inputs. Aslo I o not want to spend like crazy money on a set, don't have much to spare, but I would rather spend money on a quality set that last a long time then a cheap set that will break in a couple of months. Thanks everyone
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
It's hard to recommend a set without knowing how you are going to use them. If you are going to use them for family or kid shows you may want to stay away from the bottles with alcohol labels. Kandu makes a set of Rootin' Tootin' Rootbeer Multiplying Bottles that will work for family audiences.

Regan
Mister Mystery
MichaelOzMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Des Moines, Iowa
234 Posts

Profile of MichaelOzMagic
I would suggest these Multiplying Bottles:
http://madhattermagicshop.com/magicshop/......s_id=232

This is a great set I use this set in almost every show I do! Also these are a lot cheaper then Rootin' Tootin' Rootbeer Multiplying Bottles. If you don't like the labels then you can just take the labels off and replace them with what ever labels you want to use. This bottles are also really well made!

Just my suggestion,
Michael
Caliban
View Profile
Special user
727 Posts

Profile of Caliban
Both the sets suggested so far have been sets of 8 bottles (two nests of 4). The best quality sets are sets of 9 bottles (three nests of 3). I'd recommend looking at sets of 9 if you are going for quality rather than price - they look more like real bottles and the size difference between the smallest and largest bottles is much less noticeable. They also offer a lot more scope in terms of routines. You'll definitely need a set of 9 bottles if you want to base your routine around the popular Ken Brooke routine.

I use the Harries set, which are a good quality set of 9. Many people regard them as the best, though I'm not sure the quality is quite exceptional enough to justify the very high price tag. If you compare the picture of them to any of the sets of 8, though, the difference in quality is easily apparent. They are actually bottle shaped and there are none of the really obvious size differences between the bottles.
http://tinyurl.com/ycxnxuh
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1550 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
On 2010-03-15 13:28, Caliban wrote:
Both the sets suggested so far have been sets of 8 bottles (two nests of 4). The best quality sets are sets of 9 bottles (three nests of 3). I'd recommend looking at sets of 9 if you are going for quality rather than price - they look more like real bottles and the size difference between the smallest and largest bottles is much less noticeable. They also offer a lot more scope in terms of routines. You'll definitely need a set of 9 bottles if you want to base your routine around the popular Ken Brooke routine.

I use the Harries set, which are a good quality set of 9. Many people regard them as the best, though I'm not sure the quality is quite exceptional enough to justify the very high price tag. If you compare the picture of them to any of the sets of 8, though, the difference in quality is easily apparent. They are actually bottle shaped and there are none of the really obvious size differences between the bottles.
http://tinyurl.com/ycxnxuh

these are beautiful, and they do look like very real bottles, unfortunately, way out of my price range.

the bottle from madhattermagic shop are more my price. I also found these http://themagicwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/fin......d=BOTTLE

whats the differences between these and the ones from madhattermagic ??
thanks everyone for the quick responses
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3636 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Looks like the same set to me.

Jim
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1903 Posts

Profile of chmara
You get what you pay for. Harries makes the best currently available in my opinion. It may be possible to buy a couple of "extra" bottles from them with an original set - and althogh expensive -- it offers the widest range of use and climaxes that I know of that are commercially available.

If you do not mind buying cheap junk to find out how it works -- and then replacing it on the way to perfecting your act -- be aware of the TOTAL cost -- and that some of the cheaper sets are easily bollixed up or sticky in handling after a few uses and knocks.

The two sets I have on my tricks for sale list (one eight piece with droppers, one 9 piece without dropper) were both mid-range for acceptable and consistent quality in use. I was heading for a matched larger Harries set _+ when illness took me out of performing --

And - at this point - I do not know of anyone making a "great" set for children with pop labels -- and I do not know many children in the USA who understand what glass bottles for pop look like.
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
761 Posts

Profile of 61magic
Elimagic, if you are looking for a great set of lables for a family act Terry Elton offers a set:
http://www.themagicofterryelton.com/new_page_1.htm

Don't worry the details when it some to doing this routine for kids, Kids know what a bottle is by the shape, and the colorful labels are recognized by them.
I would start out with a modest set and if you find this is working well for you upgrade at a later time.
If you want to do a 9 bottle routine you can buy two eight bottle sets and keep the spares for replacements. This will last you a long time if taken care of.
I found most of the damage occurs in packing, transporting, and unpacking not during performance anyway.
Professor J. P. Fawkes
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Years ago I acquired a set of multiplying bottles from an unknown maker. they are a set of 12. Two nesting sets of six. Needless to say the size discrepancy between the last six and the first was quite noticeable.

I got around this by altering my routine a bit so that the last six bottles would be of a completely different type than the first six. I end the routine by producing an array of fancy liqueurs that come in a variety of brightly coloured bottles.

I felt this was the best way to camouflage the discrepancy in the sizes and shapes of the bottles.

This is what they ended up looking like

"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11159 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
That's pretty much the same thing I did with a set of double 4's. The first 3 are alike for the sucker Passe effect, and then all heck breaks loose with different kinds of bottles.

This shows most of the set with a few other things, like vintage Abbott's bottles mixed in.

~michael baker
The Magic Company
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1550 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Great ideas, and nice sets everyone, ive never heard of a twelve bottle set before
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
468 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
We now manufacture a multiplying bottle stand that holds up to 9 bottles and the two tubes. It allows you to perform and then lift up and over bottles so they won't fall off.

Diamater of holes are 4 1/4" so will hold 99% of all bottle effects.
Rick Fisher, President FAB Magic

"One of the largest magic shops in the world!"

www.fabmagic.com
kh-magus
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of kh-magus
I made this wine bottle set in Japan.
my friend craftman made this for me.

Click here to view attached image.
KOKUBUNJI STUDIO

http://www.magus.tokyo/shop/

Extreme Multiplying Bottles

Ring on Glass Stem
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11159 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2010-03-16 09:11, kh-magus wrote:

He made the bottles?? Those are really nice!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1550 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Those are beautiful, truly magnificent workmanship
MagicOzzy
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan
118 Posts

Profile of MagicOzzy
KH-Magus

That is the BEST set I have ever seen..I would buy a set like that in a heartbeat, absolutely fantastic!
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
Quote:
On 2010-03-16 09:11, kh-magus wrote:

Ok, I'm in. What's his PayPal?
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1485 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Are they three or four bottle stacks?

If they are sets of threes...I'd buy a total of 12
JNeal
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I heard they are over 1K for the set.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
kh-magus
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of kh-magus
I am sorry that my response is delayed! And please forgive me for my poor English. (I am Japanese.)

*************************************************************************************************
Hello, Michael,

Thank you very much. I love your bottles too!

*************************************************************************************************
Hello, elimagic,

Thank you very much for your kind word. I drew a plan, and a craftsman in Osaka (he is my friend) made it.

That has the perfect wine bottle shape and it is not lacquer. it's strong black powder coating. Also cap seals are not paint. They are real shrink caps.

Hello, MagicOzzy,
Hello, Doug,

Thank you very much.

Yes. we can make the bottle set for you. Require a 50% deposit to start make your bottles.

Hello, JNeal,

They are three stacks. (9 bottles.) But if you need, we can ready 4 sets of the 3 stacks.

Hello, Pete,

You are right. It is $990.00

KH-Magus

Posted: Mar 21, 2010 9:32am
http://www.spellbound.co.jp/images/bottle.jpg

This is a link for more detailed picture.
KOKUBUNJI STUDIO

http://www.magus.tokyo/shop/

Extreme Multiplying Bottles

Ring on Glass Stem
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Multiplying bottles (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL