The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » I've finally found the Perfect Lota Pail! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DarryltheWizard
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of DarryltheWizard
I've used Hindu lotas that look like a vase from an ancient temple in India; however, most of the lotas I've used don't resemble any thing an average person has in his possession. Well Morrissey Magic has finally come up with a Canadian Maple Syrup bucket that looks like a kid's beach pail. It's finished in dull aluminum with a heavy gauge wire handle. It could be painted to look like a kid's beach pail etc. It holds about six good pours. I was lucky enough to buy the first one off the line. I'm going to tape a plastic spigot to a kid's back and have him hold the pail behind his back. He'll be my little maple tree or should I just call him a little sap! (Peter Marucci would like that pun!")
Darryl the Wizard(www.Morrisseymagic.com) Smile Smile Smile Smile
DarryltheWizard
"Life without mystery is like a candle
with a snuffed out flame." Albert Einstein
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Darryl,
Hey! Hoo you callin' a "little sap"? Smile

Oh! Oh! I get it; it's a pun! Smile

Seriously (or not), you're right, Darryl. That's very funny.
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Check out C&M Productions' Coffe carafe. It looks exactly like the same item used in many restaurants ('cuz it IS), and you can control the amount of the pour each time, unlike most Lotas. I own it, I use it, I love it, and I recommend it.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Ronin
View Profile
Loyal user
Martinez,CA
216 Posts

Profile of Ronin
For a couple of years, I've been making lotas out of milk cartons. I buy two one-quart cartons, and cut one in half to make the lota chamber, then glue it inside the other using aquarium sealant. Makes a very natural looking and inexpensive lota.

Jim Steinmeyer also printed a method for making a lota out of a soup can in his "Conjuring" column in the Nov '96 issue of MAGIC.
David Hirata
www.thingsimpossible.com

"Life is a combination of magic and pasta."
--Federico Fellini
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » I've finally found the Perfect Lota Pail! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL