The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Looking for a Bottle Holder (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

William Wortman
View Profile
Veteran user
Omaha, NE
301 Posts

Profile of William Wortman
I was watching my David Stone DVD's and he had a holder for the bottle of wine on his belt. I was wondering if anyone new where I could get one?
Fred-Erik Johanson
View Profile
New user
Estonia
89 Posts

Profile of Fred-Erik Johanson
I got mine from Magic Warehouse.

http://themagicwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/fin......d=SPLASH

Before getting this gimmick I made one myself from the clip on the David Stone video.
I ended up using the one I made myself cause I made it a little bit smaller(I could use a smaller wine bottle and some 0,5 l soda bottles). Both I use, but I think that Splash gimmick is too stiff, but also the stiffness gives something to the operation. It closes up itself after production.

F
TrickZone
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of TrickZone
Didn't Fabric manipulations have them? I can't find the website.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Quote:
On 2010-03-27 12:00, TrickZone wrote:
Didn't Fabric manipulations have them? I can't find the website.

http://www.fabricmanipulation.com/

Mike
patrick1515
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of patrick1515
I purchased the Splash bottle production. Truly loved the idea, but I found that I hated not being able to take off my jacket w/o exposing the holder.
Back to the books...incoporating Bob Read's classic handling for his bottle production and the splash holder, I created a similar holder which I pinned inside my trousers. This has become one of my best stand-up effects and always a crowd favorite.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2010-03-28 23:10, patrick1515 wrote:
Truly loved the idea, but I found that I hated not being able to take off my jacket w/o exposing the holder.

You can slide the gimmick further back OR you can tuck in under your belt to hide it. A lot of laymen carry their cellphones on their belt so..you can go that route as well.

Have fun,
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
Michael Ammar uses his Topit for a nice bottle production.

Sir Richard.
"In the land of Murphy there is but ONE law!"
Paco iglacias
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Paco iglacias
I kinda just tuck it inside my belt and wear pants that wont fall off without a belt. if you were going to build your own you could fasten it to your belt with one of those jumbo office clips, or like a hook made of a bent coat hanger. that way when you go to take your coat off you can just make an excuse to go in your inside pocket(putting away a pen, deck of cards, whatever)slide the gimmick out and ditch it in your coat pocket before taking off your coat.
jnrussell
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
206 Posts

Profile of jnrussell
Surely the belt clips joggers use would fill the bill
John Russell
Mastering Magician
www.TheMasterMagician.net
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1723 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
The baisc idea for the Splash Bottle gimmick comes from Tom Stone. By the way David Stone refers to him in his DVDs and gives him credit.

For those who don't like Splash Bottle they could have a look at Peter Loughran's effect "A Touch of Glass".

Paco, your idea of the bent coat hanger and / or office clip is very nice. Have to try it.

Oliver.
Paco iglacias
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Paco iglacias
Found a bottle holder at the Walmart, works great with normal sized beer or glass soda bottles
cant find the exact one that I have bit its kinda like this http://www.walmart.com/ip/Style-N-Craft-......15169888
if it can hold a spraypaint can, it will probably be nice and loose when a beer bottle is loaded into it.
Al Leach
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Al Leach
Suspenders and a belt are needed when I use the splash bottle gimick. I am not brave enough to try anything larger than a "split" size at present. This works great as a finish for silks.
Mauro
View Profile
New user
Italy
49 Posts

Profile of Mauro
I used the holder for some times.. but now my suggestion is: use the belt.

Better feeling of the bottle and your suit is perfect!
rockthemike
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
694 Posts

Profile of rockthemike
Michael Wong
Wizard
http://michaelwong.says.so
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Looking for a Bottle Holder (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL