The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Whats Your Once In A Lifetime Story? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
While in he army someone held a gun on me and said he was going to kill me. I started to do a trick with some matches and he got distracted enough so a couple of my buddies jumped him and took his weapon away.

WHEW!

He had cracked under the stress and was hospitalized then discharged.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
msmaster
View Profile
Special user
522 Posts

Profile of msmaster
Pete why did he want to kill you? Did you humiliate him with a sucker trick?
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6926 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2010-08-31 17:28, msmaster wrote:
Pete why did he want to kill you? Did you humiliate him with a sucker trick?

ROFLMAO!!! (hysterical laughter!) Oh, man...that got me! Ha haaa haaaa! ~Whew~! Too funny. O.K. Gotta straighten up, here.

Are you serious, Pete?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Absolutely serious.

He was ticked off because I had been allowed to have "civilian clothes" -- while no one else was. They allowed me to have one outfit to wear when I was working in the Officer's Club and the EM Club doing shows. All the while I was taking basic training. I would do a show and get to bed about 11:30 (EVERYONE ELSE HIT THE SACK BEFORE 9:00)... and I still had to be up at Reville at the crack of dawn.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6926 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Wow..that is NOT funny, and I wasn't laughing at YOU. I've never had a gun pointed at me. MsMaster, cracked me up at that comment he made.

You are lucky, Pete. When I was in the Army we never had a problem like that. Of course, Fort Dix was different in 1972. I had heard about a Drill Sergeant being shot and killed by a trainee, about that time, but don't know where it was. Thank God, you were saved by a trick with matches!

Doug
Damian
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of Damian
I don't know how to be brief about this story, forgive me.

A couple years ago, I was asked by a friend of mine to entertain his high school girls' tennis team one afternoon, when their practice got rained out. I wasn't really in the mood that day, and it was last minute, but he was my buddy, so I said I'd grab a few things and be right over.

I'm in the middle of my set, I ask for a volunteer, and suddenly I realize that I know who the young woman is who steps forward. Her name is "Crystal," she's got a light coffee-colored complexion, and is a young teen. Her mother and I had been friends more than a decade before, and coincidentally had reunited on Facebook, just weeks prior. Her mother had told me about her children. My friend is white, and I knew that the father of her older child was African, that her name was "Crystal," and that they lived in this same town! Had to be the same girl, I thought. I immediately abandoned the routine I had planned and started ad-libbing, saying I was going to try a little mind-reading. I told the girl to think of her mother's name, and I would divine it. I revealed what I thought was the first letter of her mother's first name; Crystal said "no." I was surprised. I was sure I had a miracle in the works. As I stood there pondering my predicament, buying time and feigning confusion (well, okay, not feigning), a miracle *did* happen. As I was staring at the girl's face, I suddenly realized that in fact I did know who the girl was--that I had known her when she was 4 years old! I had been friends with her parents a long time ago (again, more than a decade), and that by sheer coincidence, the girl had the same name, lived in the same town and had the same ethnic heritage as the other "Crystal," whom I originally thought she was.

I was absolutely stunned at my good fortune and desperately tried to think of her mother's first name. It completely eluded me and I was forced to change tactics. As I "scanned her thought patterns," I told her, in bits and pieces, various facts about her life. I talked about her hobbies, and her brother's hobbies and her parents' vocations. I baloneyed as much as I could, and the students were stunned at each new revelation. But I couldn't remember the mother's name for the life of me. The thing is, although I had truly given up hope that I could name her, the students WOULD NOT LET IT GO. They kept encouraging me: "You can do it," over and over again. Well, this went on, back and forth for awhile. I even did other effects only to have them drag me back to the mother's name aftewards. There was no way I was gonna get it, and I knew it. I couldn't even remember her brother or her father's name. I was using every technique I could think of to get the father's name to come to me, when I had an idea. I told her to list 5 male names, and to say before each name: "My father's name is not [insert name]," that one should be the real name, and I would read when she was lying. (Not bad for someone who has no experience with mentalism!) Well, not only did I recognize her father's name when she uttered it, but by sheer luck, she included her *brother's* name in the list, and I recognized that too! I revealed each in dramatic fashion, but still hadn't delivered on the mother's name. Finally, I instructed that each girl should write a woman's name on a piece of scrap paper, and that one should be the real name, but that they shouldn't be revealed to me. I excused myself to hall while they discussed the names to write. Outside, I called Information to get the father's phone number, to ask him his wife's name. Luckily, the operator said both the husband and the wife's name when I gave the last name, and I didn't have to call him. I went back in the classroom, and had them put all the wrong names in a waste paper basket and put them out in the hall to "clear the bad energy." I was finally able to reveal the mother's name, and end the show. What had started as a tiny idea had morphed into an epic mind-reading stunt with no method, and it worked!

The irony of the story is that in the end, it was FAR more magical to me than to any of those girls, who figured that I knew it all from the beginning.
StephenP
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of StephenP
It has been so entertaining reading these! There should be a book of them. I'm a newbie but hope to have one to tell myself someday, and now have some great ideas of how that might take shape.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Whats Your Once In A Lifetime Story? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL