The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Thumbtip Madness (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
A personal anecdote, here, to maybe save others some money.

I have spent YEARS trying various types of thumb-tips. And believe me, if it came on the market, I tried it.

Anyway, today I was looking at the box I keep these monstrosities in and I counted over TWENTY, that's right folks, twenty thumb tips and fingertips!

Needles to say, that is superfluous since I am only in possession of two thumbs. (Assuming I don't want to use my toes to perform a bill switch)

But the point is, none of them did the job to my satisfaction.

But a couple days ago, I ordered a couple Vernet's standards, (From Penguin's) they arrived, and when I put them through their paces, they worked like a charm.

They did what the others only claimed to do. So I'm now a proverbial "happy camper", and I have to say I have come full circle with thumb tips, and I'm done wasting my money and throwing it into a thumb-tip hole.

Brothers, I have peace in my soul!! Smile

The one reason I'm posting this is for those who may be new and tempted to buy every new fanged T.T that comes on the market.

Daff says "Stick with the good ol' Vernet and you won't go wrong."

You don't need fingerprints, and thumbnails that look like they have been manicured, if you use it correctly, no one will ever see that stuff anyway.

Not inviting arguments, because I know their are those who are from a different school of thought, (Especially those who have a new T.T to sell!) but I myself have been there, and learned my (expensive) lesson.

Vernet rocks.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3615 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
So, you're saying throw away the 28 thumb tips I have that don't work? Wait, wait, please direct me to the "for sale" area???
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Nice to know I'm in the same boat. Twenty Eight, huh? Looks like you got me beat.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Just counted. 24!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Wow! You guys put me to shame! I thought I was king of the thumb-tip hill, but I have to bow. Smile
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Wait... It took you this long to try a Vernet?
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2714 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Vernet are very good of course. But when doing a bill switch I would rather use a rubber t.t. But a good one of those are hard to come by any more. When I have seen them they have been a bit too short so the end of the bill sticks out a little. Vernet's will work for the bill switch of course but the rubber ones do make it easier to do.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3615 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Exactly! I have never liked the hard TT...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2010-03-19 16:04, gaddy wrote:
Wait... It took you this long to try a Vernet?

No. Actually, to clarify, I tried my first Vernet probably a good twenty or more years ago..maybe more. Of course it got lost over the years.

So what I'm saying in my original post is that I've come full circle. I've "come home"

"Come home?" Now doesn't that sound sweet? Everybody Go "Ooooooooooooooh. Aaaaaaaaaaaw" Smile
ropeadope
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
453 Posts

Profile of ropeadope
Exactly what are you trying to say Daffy? LOL! Have fun. John
Nothing is better than more.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17012 Posts

Profile of joseph
You guys trying to say you are all thumbs like me?...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Sounds like you give Vernet a big Thumbs Up!
Sammy J. Teague
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Thumbtip Madness (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.37 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL