The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » New table! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2699 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Let's get one thing straight. I'm not you guys. I can't take a waiter's tray and some plywood and make something awesome. I can't. I've been using a side tray that I got at Wal*Mart. (Probably too low for most of you, but I like it.) Somewhere this winter, the table ended up in the bed room where my wife turned it into a bedstand. ("Oh, you can get it back as soon as you need it!") Well, it currently is covered in bedroom stuff and a lamp! There's no way it could be easily cleared off and taken out then brought back and everything put back. Fortunately, Wal*Mart has bought a new line of the same sort of table, it's now black, thinner and lighter with a better catch underneath to set up the table with! I brought one home today and laid down the law, if you want to use it when I'm not, fine, but anything on that table when I want to go out... will be on the floor when you want to look for it!
"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Rafael Sabatini, Scaramouche
Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
Pics?

Sir Richard.
"In the land of Murphy there is but ONE law!"
Angel_7
View Profile
New user
Australia
66 Posts

Profile of Angel_7
Not to low for a shrimp like me!

But in the wrong country, *le sigh*

-Anthony
illusion is a choice
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1070 Posts

Profile of imgic
Do you use anything on top? Lay down a close up matt or anything?
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Andy_Bell
View Profile
Regular user
my mindless rambling's now total
162 Posts

Profile of Andy_Bell
Quote:
if you want to use it when I'm not, fine, but anything on that table when I want to go out... will be on the floor when you want to look for it!

I'm sensing frustration....
I was put on this earth to do a great many things..... I'm now so far behind that I don't think I'm ever going to die!
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2108 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
Yipes! And the cats are hiding your sponge balls. Sounds like a conspiracy.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2699 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2010-03-19 17:55, imgic wrote:
Do you use anything on top? Lay down a close up matt or anything?

A blue placemat from Christmas (it has a little snowflake off to one side which I don't point out and no one has commented on.)

Picture? Hmm, I just picked up a cell phone camera so maybe I can put something together.
"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Rafael Sabatini, Scaramouche
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2699 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
WHAT is that UGLY thing next tothe table, mini version of big foot?
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2699 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Hmmm, the black thing is the decorated toolbox I carry my magic in.

The gray thing is a bag I carry my bucket and a bottle of frozen water in.

The big thing standing behind the table... well, that's me!
Mr. Pitts
View Profile
Inner circle
David Pitts
1054 Posts

Profile of Mr. Pitts
Ha ha. The table looks pretty good though. I might have to go get one of those. I have the clunkier, older version.
David Pitts
The Astonishing Mr. Pitts
Comedy Magician and Ventriloquist
http://www.mrpitts.com
epoptika
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
471 Posts

Profile of epoptika
Do we all have to join Facebook to see your photos? Smile
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2699 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Sorry. I didn't know Facebook was going to do that. I'm not certain where to put them so you can see them without having to join something. Any suggestions?
Paco iglacias
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Paco iglacias
Imageshack is pretty great. you don't even need to make an account there to post the photos.
http://imageshack.us/
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2699 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Let me see if I can do something with photobucket.

In the interest of minimizing bandwidth usage. I left two of the pictures out.
Paco iglacias
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Paco iglacias
Pretty snazzy good sir. Its like a Tv dinner table right? I use one that has considerably less surface area than your own. but I don't really need all that much space so it works out. they are a little low to start out with, but that's easy to get used to(I think it helps that I'm almost definitely shorter than you.)
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2699 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Yep, got it at Wal*Mart for $15.00 (less my "generous" 10% discount.)
adrianbent
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of adrianbent
It looks light, also... perhaps lighter that the wooden one with less surface area that I'm lugging around now...
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2699 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
It's lighter than the white one I was using (that's now in the bedroom being utilized as a bedstand!) and it has a better mechanism for setting up and locking up when folded (the white one had a clip that snapped off the first day I used it, I had to tie it up with rope to keep it from opening on the bus! Smile )
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
Ed, that table comes up to your crotch, seems like you have to perform bent over like a pretzle. My table comes up to me waist and seems a better height to me. How does it work for you
Peter
P.S. I haven't said "I like turtles" for a long time, just had to thorw it in once Smile
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » New table! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL