The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Diabolicus (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
I have been looking for a replacement for my Diabolicus for a couple of years now. It's a small black box with green and black trim on it.

Would purchase or trade for one.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
723sabre
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of 723sabre
DON'T get the Milton Bradley version, it's NOT the same and is almost unworkable.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Just picked up a Diabolicus and was suprised how much easier it is to read versus the MB version. Same material on the box, I assume it is the m######S in the cube that are different or weaker.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I have no probleme whit the Mb version ... I love his design.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Stereo,glad the MB version is working fine for you. My 15 year old son can get the "Read" on both verions but finds the Tenyo version easier. My aging eyes find the MB version difficult but no issue with the Tenyo. Having said that I am happy to have both in the collection!

John
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Wow, I always 'defended' the MB version when people compared it to Tenyo's and finally decided to put them aside/to the test of the almighty Tweety's eye Smile. I made a picture of it but that gave away the secret, so I won't post it (unless you convince me in a personal message you have one of each Smile ).
My conclusion and do believe me, the Tenyo version is MUCH (and I mean A LOT!) better and easier to read. When I compared them I even couldn't figure out what the symbol in the MB was!
Perhaps this gives away the secret easier then MB's version? I don't know, I never performed it to an audience.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I don't have the real diabolicus ... Difficult for me to express my opinion of the blow lol
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
Quote:
On 2010-06-08 15:46, Killertweety wrote:
Wow, I always 'defended' the MB version when people compared it to Tenyo's and finally decided to put them aside/to the test of the almighty Tweety's eye Smile. I made a picture of it but that gave away the secret, so I won't post it (unless you convince me in a personal message you have one of each Smile ).
My conclusion and do believe me, the Tenyo version is MUCH (and I mean A LOT!) better and easier to read. When I compared them I even couldn't figure out what the symbol in the MB was!
Perhaps this gives away the secret easier then MB's version? I don't know, I never performed it to an audience.

Agree with you Killertweety...much easier to read the Tenyo version....but the MB version is much more beautiful...a month go I decided to keep just one of the two and to sell the other...It was an easy choice for me...I keep the MB.
xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of xl18
Had a chance to compare the two side by side as well. I found the Tenyo version a little easier to read but I did not see that big a difference.

I actually like the design of the Tenyo version better. While the MB version is more elaborate, you are sort of locked into the Knight's Tomb storyline when you perform the trick. The Tenyo version has a more generic ESP theme which to me is more versatile and would work better with other mental tricks.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I wonder if some of the MB versions are possibly better than others. There is a clear difference on the set I have. I tend to agree and prefer the cleaner look of the Tenyo version.

John
723sabre
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of 723sabre
Quote:
On 2010-06-10 18:28, J M Talbot wrote:
I wonder if some of the MB versions are possibly better than others. There is a clear difference on the set I have. I tend to agree and prefer the cleaner look of the Tenyo version.

John

This could be the case. All I know is I had both, and frankly, the MB version was very difficult, if not almost impossible at times to "read". In the end, I got rid of it.
I too favor the more generic look of the Tenyo verison anyway, less toylike and allows for different storylines when peresnting it.
jcs013
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of jcs013
It is difficult to read the MB version. I am going to sell the one I have. I did not realize the was an earlier release.
gimmickless
View Profile
Veteran user
305 Posts

Profile of gimmickless
pierredan
View Profile
Special user
Dai Vernon's birthplace
540 Posts

Profile of pierredan
Great Price!

Oh sorry, I thought it was a Ultra Tube...
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
$450 for a "Diabolicus"? Crazy.

By the way, my "Diabolicus" doesn't seem to work at all. Has anyone else had one just die? I see no markings at all.
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
I never was able to see the markings well on the two that I've owned.
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
Richard:

I assume this is a Diabolicus that you used to be able to see more easily?
As with Edshern I have never ben able to see mine very well... on the bright side I did not pay $450 for it.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
I can see the markings a bit 'too' easy for my taste on one of my versions actually, it is so obvious I always think spectators must see something fishy, but this has never happend yet.
I store the cover and the 'stone' away from eachother, and also away from other magnets. Perhaps a strong magnet can ruin the gimmick?
xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of xl18
I have two versions of Diabolicus as well. One version is extremly easy to read while one is fairly difficult and requires some practice to able to read it correctly.
I had always assumed Tenyo made the easier one first and then changed it to make it more subtle.

I don't think there is a need to store them separately as it comes stored together in the packaging.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Interesting. I had no idea that the working of the gimmick was so inconsistent. Does it have anything to do with being in daylight? Florescent light? Incandescent light?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Diabolicus (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL