The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Cooking dice (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
ein_doppelganger
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of ein_doppelganger
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Boil 'em up, then a little squeeze in a vice (careful though!)..........cooking makes them look like the ancient, sacred pyramids of Egypt.
Clock
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
460 Posts

Profile of Clock
BS.
Grant Carden

www.fastcompanydvd.com
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1259 Posts

Profile of splice
"And the best part, no one can tell the difference."

Except of course for the fact that the dice can't roll any number but the one you baked it for.

I mean, not that anyone would ever notice that, right?
uhrenschmied
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of uhrenschmied
Quote:
On 2010-03-21 10:14, splice wrote:
"And the best part, no one can tell the difference."

Except of course for the fact that the dice can't roll any number but the one you baked it for.

I mean, not that anyone would ever notice that, right?

Oh, there is no way to switch dice before or after the throw ? Pity.

Regards,
ein_doppelganger
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Quote:
Oh, there is no way to switch dice before or after the throw ? Pity.

Yeah right?!?! Wouldn't it be cool if some gaming consultant put out a DVD series with a whole section on dice switching... man... what if??

Clock: big shizzle? boring schnitzel? bland science?
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1259 Posts

Profile of splice
Baloney Sandwich.
cardshark2k9
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of cardshark2k9
Has anyone tried this? Does it work or not? Because I see a lot of people saying BS.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I'm familiar with the technique. I was under the impression you used them in percentage plays like you would shapers or bevels. You win more often, not every time.

These would be a far more logical pick.

If I switch in a set of shapers I may win, for example, an extra five times throughout the course of the game.

To win five times with a 100% winning cooked dice, I would need to switch them in and out five seperate times to achieve the same result.
No. 92
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of No. 92
Not quite, you get a win sure but not the same results, not by a long shot. They're different tools for two very different jobs.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Explain?
No. 92
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of No. 92
This ones easy, you can figure it out.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
No kidding it's easy, it's Dice #101.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
No. 92 - I do not understand what you are suggesting.
The Dowser
View Profile
Special user
Canada
782 Posts

Profile of The Dowser
The "100%" pair of dice still only have to be switched in and out ONCE, and depending on which number they throw, the pay day could be huge. For example, if a point is established and you are maxed with full odds on the don'ts... switch in phony's that throw seven, bet the big red and lay behind all the numbers. After the seven out ,continue to collect on the pass line until you get the dice off... 2 more rolls at most. This, of course is only a hypothetical scenario brought up only to show that you do not need to continually switch in and out dice even if they throw "100%"... an unlikely play in the first place.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Quote:
On 2010-03-22 05:07, The Dowser wrote:
The "100%" pair of dice still only have to be switched in and out ONCE, and depending on which number they throw, the pay day could be huge. For example, if a point is established and you are maxed with full odds on the don'ts... switch in phony's that throw seven, bet the big red and lay behind all the numbers. After the seven out ,continue to collect on the pass line until you get the dice off... 2 more rolls at most. This, of course is only a hypothetical scenario brought up only to show that you do not need to continually switch in and out dice even if they throw "100%"... an unlikely play in the first place.

Thanks Dowser.
Clock
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
460 Posts

Profile of Clock
Fake video. This will not work. Period.
Grant Carden

www.fastcompanydvd.com
Mr. Z
View Profile
Special user
826 Posts

Profile of Mr. Z
Quote:
On 2010-03-22 05:07, The Dowser wrote:

You talking about switching in splitters (tees) or percentage weight? If you're talking about the former I guess technically it only requires two switches but it also takes two mechanics standing next to each other, one to kick them in and the other to clean up after the seven-out. You also have the added issue of finding the dice after the stickman dumps the bowl, not the biggest issue in the world but still a bit of a pain in the ass.

If you're talking weight I think you're better off just leaving them in. Can still lose your *** with percentage dice though.

Still I've always been partial to taking off the Don't, I think just about any joint would ride it.
"...if you have to say you is, you ain't."--Jimmy Hoffa
Mr. Z
View Profile
Special user
826 Posts

Profile of Mr. Z
Oh guys I'd love to hear if any of you try "baking" some cellulose acetate dice in the oven, or better still, some of the older cellulose nitrate cubes...

Try it!
"...if you have to say you is, you ain't."--Jimmy Hoffa
ein_doppelganger
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Hi Grant,

Thanks for your opinion. KipJay, the creator of the video, doesn't need to create fakes he is a well known "modder" and has no interest in hoaxing the web or some little gambling message board. This is the kind of thing he does every day. That is finding unique ways to "hack" everyday objects. If you check his other videos you will find that.

However, If you need a hipper more sullen and tattooed source; even Daniel Madison has blogged this process with is own experiments and success.

This wont matter to you, your mind is made up...period.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Cooking dice (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL