The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Lillians Diary (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Very exciting!
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
Ordered mine today. Anxious to see how it works with Dead Ringer as Luna in conjunction with Dead Ringer hits a 15 on the 10 pt. scary scale. One day, I would love to try both with Departed, I am sure that would overload the scale and blow it to pieces.

Peace and Godspeed.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Quote:
On 2010-03-28 19:38, Vic Nadata wrote:
Interesting indeed............

Shipping this coming week......

Stunning photo...

:)

Lillian is on her way...
xxx
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Love the cover!
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
The years on the cover are very interesting...

now I'm excited.
xxx
James Braund
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of James Braund
Will this be UK friendly?
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
The dates in the book are setup in the following format...
Example-
July 10
January 25

Etc..
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2010-03-30 08:15, James Braund wrote:
Will this be UK friendly?

Well it was found by your great Auntie at a book shop in Hells Kitchen New York. She brought the odd little book back to the U.K. on the Q2 and its been in the family ever since.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Smile
xxx
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Should be receiving the diary either tomorrow or Saturday at the latest. I have already read through the instructions and the back story that is supplied and I must say that, while I was excited about this earlier, I am now even more excited. One can go so many ways with this - from a short and sweet routine to a full blown piece of theatre that could be the entire theme of the program. And if you want to go dark, really, really, dark you can do that too.

Hope the forum is up soon over at Outlaw and can't wait to hear some of the routines folks come up with. Once the diary is here I'll say more - although we all know that Outlaw knows how to make the quality props. Congrats to Rick and Vic on a great one of a kind book test of the Outlaw variety...

More later...
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Lillian forum will be up tonight.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
I can smell the swill Roth uses to cook his Lillian books! I bet a few will be ready after the weekend?
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Lillian has arrived. Amazing. I will say more in a few hours when I am back from spending the afternoon with my family...
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Back and now for some more initial thoughts. As you will find when you read through the instructions, there are several ways to go with Lillian. You are able to reveal an entry without knowing the selected date, the spectator doesn't say a word, and from there you can choose which of multiple paths you would like to take. With that being said, I believe Lillian's strongest use will come from a seance/haunted type of environment where you have an intimate crowd (maybe 10-15 or so) and they are able to slowly figure out the mystery with a little help from Lillian, and maybe Luna herself, using whatever method you choose. I would be partial to the Departed or the SM as the SM belonged to Luna in the first place. Of course, it would also work with Dead Ringer, the ST, etc or any low cost alternative you like.

The plot really takes the universe that Outlaw has created and adds layers of intrigue and mystery to it. Of course, there is also the ability to do a quick presentation and to not reveal the whole mystery - all up to you and your performing situation.

We are encouraged in the instructions to really take this and run with it and add our own touches to it, and I know the forum over at Outlaw will be a great resource for that! By the way, the method is super simple as far as how it works.

A last little note - I loved the many tie-in's to other Outlaw stuff - see if you can find them all when you read through it! I must say that I was quite pleased that the Departed is mentioned in several entries which allows a real neat tie-in if you want to use any of the things that are actually mentioned in the diary itself. I won't say too much more about that - I'll let everyone find them yourselves!

I realize I'm rambling but, as mentioned earlier, these are my initial thoughts and I'm just typing whatever comes to mind. The look of the diary is perfect Outlaw quality as always.

Great product for those working a theatrical seance type of show especially. Highly recommended and two thumbs way up. Congrats once again to Rick and Vic for a very nice and very unique book test.

Chad
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
What about the rest of us peons? Where's our copies?
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
1528 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Anyone else get theirs? I'm itching Smile Again.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2010-04-03 00:23, dennfox wrote:
What about the rest of us peons? Where's our copies?

Hmmm...I would'nt push the guys that are sending yer stuff you might get sent to the back of the line Smile
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
Chad:
Lilian´s Diary can work with Luna? Can you elaborate?
Thanks!
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
I meant Luna the actual person/character, not Luna the book test trilogy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Lillians Diary (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL