The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Darl Light Rip Off (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Maartinrb
View Profile
New user
UK
8 Posts

Profile of Maartinrb
I haven't used this forum for a long time so may be posting this in the wrong place and if so please forgive me. Pro-magic.com in the USA are making a lot of a "new" effect with a light bulb and it is called Dark Secret. It is a light bulb with a re-chargeable battery I believe and it is a great idea. The sad thing is that I put out two great light bulb effects at least 12 years ago and sold quite a few. One could be put into a normal light bulb holder and it would light up like a regular bulb. When it was taken out of the light socket the bulb would light up in your hand if you held a small magnet to trigger it. The bulb proved to be a little dangerous if one produced for the US was plugged into a European light circuit and we withdrew it temporarily in order to resolve the problem. The bulb had packed into it a transformer and rechargeable batteries and it was completely self-contained. The other bulb contained a radio receiver, rechargeable batteries and it would light up when the transmit button was triggered.

We sold quite a few of these and my electronics engineer died. I have a new electronics wizard and he has been working on these two models for the last six months and wrote to me deeply concerned to see that Dark Secret is more or less identical to my bulb/s and contains elements of both of my bulb effects.

I have emailed pro-magic twice and left a telephone message to them. I have not had a reply. If they want to take an effect which has been made before I can't do anything about it but when my own bulb effect is back on the market it will be much cheaper and I do not want anyone to think that I have ripped of Dark Secret which I consider to be very expensive. I thought of it and I made it and in essence it is mine. So there you are. Martin Breese
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Darl Light Rip Off (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL