We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Yay! I can do the push-through riffle shuffle now :) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Futurist
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of The Futurist
Just thought I'd share that. Feels good man Smile
the dealer
View Profile
Regular user
las vegas
190 Posts

Profile of the dealer
Hahah...lol..awesome...now for some up the ladder cuts?
The Futurist
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of The Futurist
Yes indeed, that's the next thing to get looking nice and smooth. I probably won't take my push-through/up-the-ladder thing out in public for a while: I'll stick with the Zarrow shuffle and a bit of misdirection for the "move" thereof.

But I like the fact that the initial phase of the push-through looks very much like my normal riffle shuffle, very fairly meshing the packets together.

In the meantime... it's like an exciting new toy for me Smile
Agaton
View Profile
Loyal user
Manila
292 Posts

Profile of Agaton
Very cool! I love the push through shuffle and the way we execute it. With proper amount of practice, you can shorten the "pushed through" packet until it's almost aligned with the deck itself.
The Futurist
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of The Futurist
Aye, I got lucky a couple of times in my practice, rescuing a packet that I thought was lost in the deck. I need to deconstruct these lucky moments, where I can push through a packet that's almost square with the deck, and find out what I did right.
mrehula
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of mrehula
I had so much trouble with a push-through shuffle, I decided to try a strip out shuffle instead. I came across the Aronson Stripout Shuffle (from Simply Simon), and fell in love with it. Even knowing how it works, it still fools me! Right after that, I finally started being able to do a push-through as well. Now I practice both. (Seriously: why isn't everyone doing the Aronson Stripout?)
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Which one is push-through riffle shuffle? Is this a false shuffle?
Magic comes through perception. -HS
andrewph
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of andrewph
Quote:
On 2010-03-22 14:09, The Futurist wrote:
Just thought I'd share that. Feels good man Smile

Congrats
The Futurist
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of The Futurist
Quote:
Congrats

Cheers!

Quote:
On 2010-03-31 01:20, Failed Magician wrote:
Which one is push-through riffle shuffle? Is this a false shuffle?

Yep... done on a table or other surface.
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Any video demo I can have a look at?
Magic comes through perception. -HS
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2010-03-24 15:54, mrehula wrote:
I had so much trouble with a push-through shuffle, I decided to try a strip out shuffle instead. I came across the Aronson Stripout Shuffle (from Simply Simon), and fell in love with it. Even knowing how it works, it still fools me! Right after that, I finally started being able to do a push-through as well. Now I practice both. (Seriously: why isn't everyone doing the Aronson Stripout?)

While I had no trouble with the push through shuffle, I ALSO find Aronson's shuffle to be diabolically deceptive - the cuts really lock it in and sometimes fool me as well.

I do not remember who stated this - I THINK it was Harry Lorayne - is the fact that the interlace of any riffle is the most important. When the spectators SEE and HEAR the riffle, the psychological reinforcement of "mixed" comes into play.

Still, congrats on your mastery of the push-through!

Ahimsa,
Vlad
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Yay! I can do the push-through riffle shuffle now :) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL