The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The most bizarra Asrah ever (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Yannou
View Profile
Veteran user
378 Posts

Profile of Yannou
This is really bizar. The fun starts at 2:50 mins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaBu71Ze1FM
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1522 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Thanks for a good laugh Smile
BillyTheSquid
View Profile
Veteran user
My bamboo hut's supported on
331 Posts

Profile of BillyTheSquid
Brilliant fun!!! Loved it!
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
767 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
I couldn't even understand it but thought it was hilarious!
KBLV
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas
188 Posts

Profile of KBLV
For that particular Asrah, do you have to use the corpse supplied? Or can you use your own? What about a borrowed corpse?
Yannou
View Profile
Veteran user
378 Posts

Profile of Yannou
The corpse can be signed by the spectator!!
doctorrigormorto
View Profile
Loyal user
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
284 Posts

Profile of doctorrigormorto
That is the most enjoyable magic show I have ever seen!
I normally don't laugh out loud... but this is a real gem. Smile
http://www.diablomanor.com
http://www.theparanormalshow.net
http://www.carnivaldiablo.com

Imagination is more important than Knowledge.

Albert Einstein
StPaulMagician222
View Profile
Regular user
Saint Paul, MN (Cathedral Hill)
104 Posts

Profile of StPaulMagician222
That was just what I needed to perk my day up! Just Hilarious!

I have a portable Lipan Asrah that I purchased for a 'Theatre in the Park' type performance of 'Les Fourberies de Scapin' where I played a 'shadow' image of the lead and I used magic/ illusion to link the scene changes and act breaks while also playing a 'devil on your shoulder type' figure. I never did use it because the stage conditions at most venues were not as ideal as the Director led me to believe. I also was having a very hard time working with the actors involved to make it look good enough to present before a crowd. It also was one of those times (sadly) when I realized that many people see our art as just a 'trivial curiosity' not worthy of the rehearsal needed to perfect and present realistically. NO MORE BAD MAGIC was a vow I made to myself after seeing too many horrid performances in my area and when I traveled and I wasn't about to add to it.

This winter a close friend gave me his mother's 'cremation urn' after they had scattered her ashes and he told me maybe I could do something weird with it or pull a ghost out of it. This of course got the wheels turning and my mind thinking about the 'Lipan Levitation' sitting in my magic closet and what other things it might be used for and that's where the my idea of 'Catching a Ghost' was born.

Many of my friends and guests gather at a special log cabin in the WI, North Woods several times during the spring and summer and many people thru-out the years have had their ashes scattered on this piece of land. I plan to present my new incarnation of 'Possible Impossibilities'- (Spirit Theatre) after dinner one evening this spring for a group of 10-12. I also plan on bringing up the cremation urn and trying out "Catching a Ghost" for the first time. I am excited to see their response and also confronting the challenges of presenting this without appearing hokey or tongue in cheek. I will report back with my results and hopefully a video clip.

Thank you for posting this very silly 'You Tube' video.

k
"One can't believe in Impossible things" said Alice.
"I dare say" said the Queen, "Why when I was your age I believed more than 6 impossible things before breakfast.
-Thru the Looking Glass- L.E. Carol
Ms. Merizing
View Profile
Loyal user
Edwin Carl Erwin is digging postholes for
232 Posts

Profile of Ms. Merizing
At last, just what I want to have presented at my funeral.

Thanks for posting this wonderful black humor performance of magic. Great fun!
Pleased to continue finding that all the world's a stage.
matt straightedge
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of matt straightedge
I've actually made a decent living performing at funerals. its a lot more lucrative than you would think!
Revolutionary but gangster
PSYSHADOW
View Profile
Regular user
England
196 Posts

Profile of PSYSHADOW
Matt, I'm totally intrigued.

Please tell more of how you carried this out at funerals !!!

P.M. me if you wish please.

BOBBY.
Peace in the World - or - the World in Pieces
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1522 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
PM me too Matt.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The most bizarra Asrah ever (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL