The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Daring Spring Traps (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
I think it was better when we were missing him ! Don`t you !
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Uh... yeah... "rust fairies"... I think that is a reference to the gay heavy metal scene.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Pedestrians.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
833 Posts

Profile of Rotten
Jay walkers or the legal type that use cross walks?
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
I just got used actual animal traps off of ebay rather than Abbott's magicky chrome ones. They even smelled rank and had some fur attached. I think I bought 5 for $25 bucks.
The Shock Doc
<BR>www.TheShockDocShow.com
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>http://ballycast.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/ballycast-024-2009-03-21.mp3
<BR>
<BR>"....Jeremy Weiss has the greatest card trick of ALL TIME!"--Jamie D. Grant.
<BR>Start listening to iTricks 11/12/09
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

Here's the real science... d#mn the pedestrian jay walking rust faeries.

The acid evaporates from the cup. It doesn't go too far, it the goes through diffusion as it settles onto the metal. Combined with the oxygen in the air it rapidly corrodes the metal. Now, if you immerse metals (especially rusty oxidized metal) in an acid bath it actually cleans it, not rusting it, so don't do that. If you live by any ocean just leave it outside for a few days. Pretty much the same effect causes the rapid oxidation.

Or, just buy some nice ol' used ones that have some real character.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
What do you know? You think you are some sort of "blacksmith" or something?! Yeesh. Know-it-alls!
The Shock Doc
<BR>www.TheShockDocShow.com
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>http://ballycast.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/ballycast-024-2009-03-21.mp3
<BR>
<BR>"....Jeremy Weiss has the greatest card trick of ALL TIME!"--Jamie D. Grant.
<BR>Start listening to iTricks 11/12/09
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
833 Posts

Profile of Rotten
I have one chrome one and one old one. I use the old one for adult gigs now and the chrome one I used when I did kid shows. It was part of my spring animal routine. If I was doing the Higley monte routine I would buy all Abbott's so they match, as Todd pointed out already.

I am bed ridden with a mashed up leg so I have time on my hands to dribble on the pain meds help.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4435 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2010-03-27 00:11, Rotten wrote:
I am bed ridden with a mashed up leg so I have time on my hands to dribble on the pain meds help.

So you beleive me about the rust fairies then?
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

You Brits, going on about your rust faeries, schilling trolls, mid earth, gloems and such. When you are ready to join the rest of the world and enjoy reality, let us know.

BTW, "reality" includes WMDs, suicide bombers, religious heretics, health care reform, and Dave Matkin.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4435 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2010-03-27 08:34, thegreatnippulini wrote:
........ gloems........

Are they glow in dark Golems?

Quote:
On 2010-03-27 08:34, thegreatnippulini wrote:
BTW, "reality" includes WMDs, suicide bombers, religious heretics, health care reform, and Dave Matkin.

SH!T count me out I don't want to be stuck with him!

.... oh wait a minute you .... you..... you ..... erm I don't know a word strong enough for what you are! But you are one.....

And a total and utter one at that!! Smile
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Dave...I'm glad your not doing the Subtitles for Top Gear.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4435 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
I did not know you were hard of hearing Doug Smile I WILL TYPE LARGER FOR YOU! Smile

I couldn't keep up with any one for sub titles.... I catn twyp farsed enofe!
Doctor Mythsonian
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of Doctor Mythsonian
Still thinking of the rust question.. I've had to force rust on a few things, and nothing does the job like a chlorine tablet in a covered plastic bucket. Found this out the hard way with a tub of chlorine tablets and a chisel I left in there. It takes only a couple days for some impressive blooms.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

Superb! This is the salt water effect, but on steroids. What's salt? Sodium-CHLORIDE... it's the free-ion effect of the chlorides in salt. Chlorine tablets basically fix directly without having to free atomic bonds with sodium.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4435 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
I was about to read the above post .... but I think I am on Chemistry Café not the magic Café. So I wont bother!

And I thought I had educated you people .... rust fairies .... remember?
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
833 Posts

Profile of Rotten
Wow, we got the good Doctors very first post! Yeah for rust and show people. Great tip btw. I wondered why my garage shelves had rusted. They are sitting next to the chlorine tablet bucket.
Tweed
View Profile
New user
Maryville, Tn
6 Posts

Profile of Tweed
This is an old thread. However, if you want rust/patina mix half and half white vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Spray the trap and you'll have a nice patina in a couple of days.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4435 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
It is an old thread and the person requesting the advice has had time to just leave one to one side and tarnish nicely by now....

But thanks for the speeded-up method Tweed

:) Think positive thoughts and have a good day...

:)

Anyone coming to Blackpool this year? We had Todd a couple of years ago. It was GREAT!!!
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
The Café is all about Old threads becoming new again...like an Alexandrian Library that hasn't been destroyed yet by Visigoths (or some such). Smile As for the Traps...I get a request for the Traps-A-Monte-Mental routine a few times a week (free for the asking) so Old Threads are new to somebody somewhere. Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Daring Spring Traps (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL