The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Steve Forte on Youtube (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DzH
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of DzH
Hey all,

think some of you guys out there might be interested in this short video of Steve Forte giving tips on game protection (as usual).

I know I enjoyed Smile

Take care...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zx90tBX21g&feature=related
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3115 Posts

Profile of AMcD
BTW, can you name the guy on his right Smile?
No. 92
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of No. 92
Keller?
Clock
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
460 Posts

Profile of Clock
Not Jim.

I know who its is, but I'm not sure if his name would like to be mentioned. If he doesn't mind, he will come forward.

Best,

Grant
Grant Carden

www.fastcompanydvd.com
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3115 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Grant,

I don't get you. Is that really so dangerous to be named here?
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
888 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
Hey Grant,
Don't mean to be rude or anything, but I'll take an attempt and guess who it is. is it Ron Conley?

Mor
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4632 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Quote:
On 2010-03-26 23:19, AMcD wrote:
Grant,

I recall you getting a little 'antsy' when someone almost outed you. Just sayin'.

;)
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for all sorts of FREE VIRTUAL PROGRAMMING for magicians!
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3115 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Good luck to find who I am pal...
Clock
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
460 Posts

Profile of Clock
Quote:
Grant,

Arnold,

No, it's not dangerous. It's out of respect for the gentleman. I don't know whether he wants to be named or not as there was no credit on the video. Maybe it's perfectly fine!

Quite frankly... I don't get you.
Grant Carden

www.fastcompanydvd.com
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1948 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Quote:
On 2010-03-27 00:19, Ben Train wrote:
Quote:
Grant,

I recall you getting a little 'antsy' when someone almost outed you. Just sayin'.

;)

its kinda obvious from the signature.... but back to the topic, some people just don't want to be known, myself included...
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
Kimura
View Profile
Special user
517 Posts

Profile of Kimura
It appears the gentleman involved himself has posted something quite amusing in the comments of that video. See if you can find it.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3115 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Grant,

It's very simple. If I'm not mistaken about him, this guy is a legend in our art. It was just an opportunity to put a picture on his name for those who have never seen him. I've got great respect for him and in no case I'd like to offend him or do something he wouldn't like!!! And I appreciate a lot the answers he provides me elsewhere once in a while. Yes, a gentleman as you say. Plus, it's not that difficult to find many picture of him in the Internet.

Really, was just something like "hey guys, there's another legend in that footage, can you name it?". Nothing more. If I've done something bad, my sincere apologies! But I would really be surprised because I don't clearly see the trouble. Basically, If you don't wanna be recognized, don't get on footages, magazines, websites, etc. no?

Again, I don't really understand. Say it was just a bad idea Smile.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Does it even matter? (no offense to the man in question)
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Back on topic, I found this fascinating: toward the very end, Steve performs a shuffle by interweaving them lengthwise, and while doing it he comments that a real card shark shuffles "like you and me".

Aside from the obvious HA-HA that arises from the thought that I could ever shuffle like Steve Forte, I have never seen anyone shuffle cards by interweaving them lengthwise.
Kimura
View Profile
Special user
517 Posts

Profile of Kimura
That particular sequence is very cool to watch. It's very casual, and very "home game", which you don't really see that often in demos.

I haven't seen anyone shuffle like that, but I would imagine hybrid shuffles like that pop up in home games all the time. And I would imagine that cheaters are finding ways to falsify those shuffles all the time too.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On 2010-03-27 16:30, Kimura wrote:
That particular sequence is very cool to watch.

It is. It looks quite beautiful, actually.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3115 Posts

Profile of AMcD
To be honest, sometimes we face strange ways to shuffle cards! I wouldn't say there are thousands of methods, but there's always one guy using a weird way.

Just to give an idea I, for instance, play small tournaments once in a while. Just to have fun. Say that 30 guys is the maximum. I'd say there are at least 5-6 different ways to shuffle the card in use! And at least one dude use a very strange method.

Then, thinking about the millions players around the world...
luvisi
View Profile
Special user
593 Posts

Profile of luvisi
I've never seen anyone shuffle like that, but I've seen that style described in print.

For example, see Erdnase, Blind Shuffles, Retaining Entire Order, Second Method, More Inner Secrets of Card Magic, and Card Cheats--How They Operate.

Andru
Clock
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
460 Posts

Profile of Clock
Some guys just have a touch that is out of this world. Something that you are just born with.

About a year ago, I was at Panda Express and I met the Steve Forte of cashiers. No joke!
Grant Carden

www.fastcompanydvd.com
No. 92
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of No. 92
Did he stack your change or switch your egg roll for a spring roll?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Steve Forte on Youtube (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL