The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Wanted: Cold deck switcher (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DzH
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of DzH
Hello,

I am currently looking to buy a cold deck switcher. If you can help me out then please PM me.

It has to be functional, that is more or less the only requirement.

Thanks in advance

/DzH
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16251 Posts

Profile of tommy
I don’t think he is for sale but you might be able to hire him for the right price.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
DzH
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of DzH
Tommy: haha, obviously I didn't mean a person to switch, but a mechanical cold deck holdout Smile but I'm sure you knew that Smile
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
You're pretty certain not to find one outside of auction, or purchased personally from somebody you know who has one.

You also should be prepared to pay between $1000.00 and $2500.00 for an original in working condition.

Unless you're a collector, and want a period piece.......do what guys do, and make one.
DzH
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of DzH
Silverking: Thanks for your reply. I am well aware of the price range of such a collectible, though the most recent one sold for 650 USD at an auction in December 2009.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Well if you're well aware, and following all the sales, what are you doing here asking to buy one?

If you don't want any assistance, and can't respond politely when assistance is offered, take a hike.
DzH
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of DzH
Silverking: did I offend you somehow? that wasn't my attention you know... I just stated the most recent data I had on one of these auctions. Unfortunately I didn't have the opportunity to bid on it, otherwise I would have. And that's kinda the whole reason why I am asking in here, since I was hoping someone in here might be the person who bought that one, or perhaps had another one.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Like I said, unless you're specifically a collector, you're best to make one.

Magic Café requests are not how this kind of item makes the rounds.
DzH
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of DzH
Silverking: What else do you expect me to do ? I have to try all available sources, no ? Can't believe the kind of attitudes you gotta put up with sometimes... Is everybody having their period lately or what ?
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
1) I expect you to do nothing.

2) You haven't tried all available sources, or you'd already have the piece in your collection.

3) These attitudes are typical when new guys come out of the woodwork asking for things to be handed to them on a plate.

4) If there are periods to be had, it appears you're the only one having them.

Conclusion:
You're trying to get somebody to tell you where to go buy one, or offer you one as a result of your post, neither of which is going to happen.
I'm trying to tell you that's not going to happen, and rather than thank me for the information, you're sounding like you're whining.

Thanks for coming out.......be sure to come back in a couple of years and let us all know how your search went.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On 2010-04-03 10:34, DzH wrote:
Is everybody having their period lately or what ?

Seems to me that Silverking's first post was quite helpful.

A cold decking mechanism would either be a historical item costing quite a bit of money, or would be something hand made or modified by someone with years of experience and with the knowledge of exactly what he needs and how he will use it. He even gave you a price range, which you immediately disputed, though Silverking is probably one of the more knowledgeable collectors around.

It's like asking, "Where can I buy a weapon to eliminate some people?" Well, an experienced assassin wouldn't ask such a question on an Internet forum, and an inexperienced assassin would seldom be given a straightforward and clear answer.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Wanted: Cold deck switcher (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL