The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Pocket Mentalism Card - Animania » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1150 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
http://mentalvoyage.com/index_files/Page381.htm

Here's some reviews:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=15&11

Here's a description:

Animania is another great tool for the mentalist!

It appears to be an authentic “Telepathy Testing Card” from the National Institute of Parapsychology.

Perfect for anytime, walk around and close up mentalism! This is a complete routine that fits neatly in your wallet! Be ready to perform a complete routine with just one card!

The card is about the same width as a credit card, but a little taller, so it fits perfectly in a standard credit card slot in any wallet.

Effect:

The performer displays a telepathy testing card from the National Institute of Parapsychology. It is explained that this card is from the “chromatology” (study of colors) testing set, and this particular card pertains to animals.

The spectator is instructed to think on any one of the 16 animals on the card (completely free choice), and to visualize the animal appearing in 4 different colors. No words are spoken by the spectator, and no questions are asked.

The performer immediately begins to reveal information about the animal:

The spectator is asked to think of different characteristics about the animal, such as its size, color, number of legs it has, habitat, etc. (again, nothing is spoken by the spectator, and no questions are asked).

“Imagine that you’re touching this animal, imagine how it feels. I get the sense that this is an animal with fur, unlike a snake or a fish. Yes, brown fur. Also, this animal has only two legs. Think about something this animal would eat… that’s a banana! You’re thinking of a monkey!”

Of course, the performer is always correct.

The following is true about Animania

· No Force

· Different animal every time

· Nothing is ever written down

· No questions are asked

· No progressive anagrams

· No fishing

· No “instant stooges” or “dual reality”

· Compact! The above ‘test’ is on one card that fits neatly in your wallet!

· The card is un-gimmicked and can be handled by the spectator freely

· The card appears to spectators to be an authentic testing tool

· The card is un-gimmicked and is handled by the spectator freely

· Card is durable and will last a long time!

Includes one double sided card and 19 page instruction manual.

Includes the full routine above, and 3 bonus effects.

One of the bonus effects is Lotto-Mania:

Lotto-Mania

Effect:

The performer explains how a lot of people have asked why he doesn’t play the lottery if he’s so good at predicting future events.

“Many people ask me why I don’t play the lottery more often, or, more specifically, why I don’t win! Well, the fact is that I have played the lottery many times, and, I’ve found that I can actually predict the numbers that will come up!”

The performer removes several lottery tickets from his wallet.

“I recently tried my luck playing the lottery…here are the tickets, all losers! The problem I have is that I can only predict the numbers seconds before they come out, which does me no good as far as winning money. But, what I’ve found interesting, is that I can also tell what numbers people around me have played on their tickets! I’ll show you what I mean.”

The spectator is asked to think of any number on any of the tickets, and miraculously the performer is able to reveal the spectators thought of number!

(please note: Lotto-Mania uses regular, un-gimmicked lottery tickets that you purchase yourself...no lottery tickets are included)
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2121 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Looking forward to this. The first two cards in the series were wonderful.

Benny
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
917 Posts

Profile of necroloid
Hi PMC I remember reading in another post that I could use the domestic rate instead of the overseas rate if I live in Canada. Is this still the case? Looking to buy the 3pack(I'm a Wallet mentalism junkie).
Thanx
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
917 Posts

Profile of necroloid
Question answered by reading the review post. Still ordering the 3pack with shipping though.
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
917 Posts

Profile of necroloid
Just thinking that this wwould be great for baloon twisting. I own Balloon Detective but this looks great. Will it work with children?( I know but you never know! Kids think so diferrrntly than adults)
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
961 Posts

Profile of jbadman
This looks great and I'd love to order this but...

It would appear to be a small credit-card sized card. Probably with a small set of instructions...

And it costs $20. Fair enough.

But shipping to the UK costs a further $13.

I just don't get that shipping cost - really. That's incredibly expensive for sending what would appear to be a very small, flat letter. Is that really the actual cost of postage?

Jamie.
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
Maybe he's delivering it personally.

-Ron
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
lboudreau
View Profile
Loyal user
Alexandria, Virginia
288 Posts

Profile of lboudreau
PMC's Telepathy Testing Cards contain first-rate effects in a convenient size. My most popular effect from 20 years ago is "X-The Unknown" which first appeared in Larry Becker's "Stunners." The entire thing can be carried on a wallet-sized card. I would put the cards from the National Institute of Parapsychology in that same category. I love them!
LEO
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1150 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Hi Jamie,

The shipping costs is for USPS Flat Rate Priority Overseas shipping, which starts at about $13.50 (for a letter size package), and takes 5 to 10 days. For First class shipping, which can take up to 3 weeks, the shipping cost is less, but is not a current option on my website. If you'd like to PM me, I can adjust the shipping to suit your needs, but keep in mind it takes longer to arrive.

Thanks for your interest!

Ron,

For me to deliver them costs a little more Smile !!

ranpink
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
252 Posts

Profile of ranpink
Paul's cards are sweet. They look great and the effects are very deceptive and interesting. I just ordered Animania to join Test Conditions and Symbolism in my wallet. They fit beautifully in my Showdown prototype.

Do yourself a favor and get the combo deal.
Creator of CUT

T-REX

Abnormal Behavior

ZEN SYSTEM

tāctilis

White Room

Think Pink - Central Intelligence

http://www.worldwidemagic.com
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1150 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Thanks Ran,

I'm glad you like the cards you have, ANIMANIA will ship to you tomorrow.

I posted the following in Penny For Your Thoughts:

UPDATE ON THE "BONUS" EFFECT:

I have removed "LOTTO-MANIA" from the bonus effect section as it has come to my attention that the idea has already been published.

Sorry for any mix up!

Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2121 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Paul,

This latest card (Animania) in your series is wonderful. Great method and a lovely card for the wallet. Animals and colors--great for audiences of all types and ages!

Benny
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1150 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Hi Ben,

Thanks for your kind words! I'm glad you like the cards!!

Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1150 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
The website is now updated with additional shipping options!

Thanks!

aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
A couple of questions -(1) does the animania effect use the same basic method as Outlaw's Kioku, with animals instead of memories or is it different? (2) with the lottery effect now history, what bonus effects now come with Animania?
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1150 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Hi Aligator,

It's probably not the best idea to go into methodology of either effect in this forum, but I will PM you.

However, with Kioku there are four cards, and fifteen items. With ANIMANIA there is only one card and 16 items.

Its true that the Lottery effect is no longer included, but there is a great routine from Jeremy Weiss using the ANIMANIA card, as well as some nice subtleties from Tony Razzano and Gerry Hennessey.

The effect from Jeremy is as follows:

A spectator mentally chooses any animal on the card (no force, nothing written down), and while the performers back is turned, or while he is in another room, the spectator draws a quick image of the animal, THEN FOLDS THE PICTURE UP AND PUTS IT IN THEIR POCKET (or any hiding place). When the performer returns, he is able to duplicate the drawing (or just reveal the animal) without any questions at all. NO impre****n devices, fishing, stooges, dual reality, etc).

Its a great routine.

Also, I think it's important to note that the effect doesn't just end with the performer saying "you're thinking of a (insert animal name)". The spectator is asked to think about different attributes of their animal, such as color, fur/skin type, number of legs, sounds it may make. Again, no questions are asked, but the performer can tell the spec. what they are thinking each step of the way.

It's been getting great reviews, and is really a strong demonstration of
mind-reading.

Thanks for the interest!

necroloid
View Profile
Special user
917 Posts

Profile of necroloid
This is based on an older effect, But PMC has managed to steam line it down to 1 card and make it totaly deceptive. Aligator, the method is worth 20 bucks easily!!! You can use it to create your own version or topics. I am going to use it to make a one card version of my Teller card set.
D-Maz
View Profile
New user
Canada
14 Posts

Profile of D-Maz
I like the pricing and the fact that it fits in my wallet!
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1150 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Necroloid,

I'm glad you're getting some good use from the card!

D-Maz,

Be sure to check out the package deals!!

Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I already had the first two cards so missed out on any bulk deals.
But I've ordered it anyway.
If it arrives as quick as the first two did I'm going to have a fun weekend.

steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Pocket Mentalism Card - Animania » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL