The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Changing Gears For Breakthrough Performance (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lou serrano
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, CA
671 Posts

Profile of lou serrano
I recently hit a plateau in my business and was unsure of what to do to get out of my slump. One of my clients gave me a wonderful piece of advice. He suggested I change gears. He compared his business to driving a stick shift car. Your cruising along in second gear and you want to go faster, so you step on the gas. Eventually you can’t go any faster and you hit a plateau. The only way to go faster is to change gears.

The same is true of our business. We run our business in a certain way to grow our business, but eventually we all hit plateaus. It doesn’t matter how hard we work, or how much more we do, we just can’t seem to get past the plateau. The key is...

I posted a short 3 minute video on my blog with the whole story. Click Here to check it out. I welcome your comments.

To your success!

Lou Serrano
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Hi Lou,

I totally agree, we must keep shifting gears (as long as we stay driving the same truck).

The marketplace is changing at record speed, how we generate PR, market, sell, service, is in a constant state of flux and we have to (like Lewis Carroll’s Red Queen) “run and run as fast as you can just to stay in one place”.

The trusty phonebook is going the way of the dinosaur (just like elevator-operator jobs did in the 1950’s) and newspapers are moving in that same direction of oblivion, how we reach potential clients needs a shift of gears.

Our customers also have unprecedented ways of finding and hiring competitors, and researching the entertainers they choose to hire, the “sale” is now almost as much in their hands as the “salesman’s” hands. So we need to re-think branding, image, and customer care as well.

Everyone reaches a plateau as you said, but today it’s more than that, the market landscape is changing with volcanoes and earthquakes, and we have to balance on the edge then leap to even reach that next plateau.

This does not mean we have to compromise the content of who we are, why we’re in business, or what we offer, we just need to discover new ways to package, market, and deliver our services.

My thoughts,
Walt
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
Very nice guys!

I agree; Success is ever-changing and it is always aware of those changing wants, needs, desires of the people we serve. MORE of those relationships are being reached and impacted on line as well. The good news is, Serving others in those RELATIONSHIPS will always be king!

GREAT Share Lou and Walt!

Find Your Passion… DO Your Purpose… Make It Profitable!

Live “L.O.V.E.” Everyday!
Life Of Vibrant Expression!

I am at your service and in HIS Service,
Deano (Helping You Succeed) in Reno
<><

PS
FREE Live Success Event… No Foolin’!
http://www.SuccessSyndicate.com
Dean Hankey, *M.D. - The Dean of Success Solutions!
Serving & Supporting YOU and Your Success!
"Book More Shows... Make More Money... SERVE MORE PEOPLE! - Not Necessarily In That Order…"

(*Marketing Doctor) Smile
lou serrano
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, CA
671 Posts

Profile of lou serrano
Quote:
On 2010-03-31 13:41, SpellbinderEntertainment wrote:

This does not mean we have to compromise the content of who we are, why we’re in business, or what we offer, we just need to discover new ways to package, market, and deliver our services.

My thoughts,
Walt

Walt,

You have given me even more food for thought. Thanks for sharing.

Lou Serrano
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Changing Gears For Breakthrough Performance (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL