The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » B Stock? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
Hi all...

Well I just took the plunge... and am keeping my fingers crossed that I did the right thing.

I just picked up a Sennheiser Evolution G3 (A Band) B-stock... off of ebay.

The seller is an authorised dealer of Sennheiser, and states the units come with a complete manufacturer warranty... (2 years)

Its a power seller with great feedback... and the unit was $450 instead of $600.

Did I make the right choice? Does b-stock ussually come with warranty?

Thanks

Shawn
Shawn.
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Profile of tropicalillusions
Shawn, I have had great luck with "b" stock.. lot of times these are just returns of items folks just decided they did not really want, or changed their minds to another product. And if there was any default, the item is always repaired to new status. And I have had no problems with warranty work as well with any b stock item. You done good my friend.
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1137 Posts

Profile of Eldon
Ditto on everything Chris said.
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
Good to know. I will check it out.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
804 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
"Caveat emptor"
There's no way to know what any given vendor means by "B stock" without asking them. While Sennheiser does have certain criterion for the term "B stock", I can't imagine "B stock" is a legal designation, so any given vendor could use the term to mean whatever they want.
Dan McLean Jr
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Dan is correct with this one as well. I have had no problem with " B" stock though. But Like Dan says... I will find the Term B stock on internet sales, then usually that item is also covered or sold by our local, " Guitar Center" I always go there to see if they can find me a better deal, If not, we discuss the term B stock and all the relevant questions concerning what they mean by that, and is it covered by a warranty. So Dan is correct... very correct. always ask, and if it is covered, make sure ir states it somewhere on your reciept. Once again ..... cover your booty and ask, and I so far... Have had no issues with "b" stock. I have a light board and sound board. Both have done me real well over the past 3 years. I use these items in Outside venues very much, which has them exposed to the elements that can be really harmful. always keep a paint brush handy to brush away dust from the sliders!!!! If you are concerned about a "b" stock item. You can always look up the product on line and get reviews as well, these are helpful.
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
Thanks guys... I spoke with the seller and they stated that the b-stock they were selling related to items that were either used in trade shows or items that were loaned out to local news networks in the event thier was a large event that was being covered. They stated that the products were in great condtion and had little or no signs of wear. I am due to get my shipment tommorow and will be sure to let you all know what I think of it.

Best

Shawn
Shawn.
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

You did good my friend, Like any dealingsw it is always good to ask those important questions and cover your B---. enjoy your new toys
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
Got my bstock a couple weeks ago.. looks and works brand new... I am very happy with it. and I saved 200 bucks
Shawn.
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Good job, b stock is always good. Enjoy it, Glad you saved,,, hard to do that these days
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » B Stock? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL