The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Impromptu one coin routine at FISM 09, Beijing. (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
danielguo
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of danielguo
Hey, guys. I'm from china and stay in Malaysia now.
I have been doing magic for 7 years. and I do a lot of stuff,
but my favorite still coins. I just can't got my hands off those coins.

Well, this is my little Impromptu routine at FISM, I perform for Jeff McBride.

He is great! I hope you guys like it. And please! please tell me what you think about it, and hope you guys liked it.

P.S.: My English not so well. All learn by myself. LOL...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ72U6TTB5c Here we go!
Coin Nut
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Coin Nut
Thanks for the video, I enjoyed the routine - looked fun !
ddeckmann
View Profile
Loyal user
Paraguay
202 Posts

Profile of ddeckmann
Great! I love coin magic... pity I don't spend much time with coins... coins here in brazil are way too small..
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
So, in Brazil do to coins, say you just returned from travel to ***** where I brought back some coins.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
danielguo
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of danielguo
Hey , thanks guys....

Any idea to make it looks more fun? haa..

You guys are great!

Hi, Pete.

Do you have any advice for me £¿ lol..

I need advice... thanks...
evikshin
View Profile
Special user
892 Posts

Profile of evikshin
I didn't like the beginning part where the jumped from hand to hand with the muscle pass. I thought that sort of gave it away. However, I liked everything else. Your JW grip looks good.

Evikshin
lorenwade
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of lorenwade
Quote:
On 2010-04-03 19:47, evikshin wrote:
I didn't like the beginning part where the jumped from hand to hand with the muscle pass. I thought that sort of gave it away. However, I liked everything else. Your JW grip looks good.

Evikshin

Yes and no... it gives it away to magicians yes, to the laymen... that is magic Good stuff!
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Wonderful job! There is nothing I disliked! I loved the smoothness moreover... the enjoyment you bring! This is what it is all about! NOT just the funky moves and strange displays and copied personas! It is how these tools are used. You did a stellar job with one coin! I wish there were more videos of magicians performing for live audiences.. laymen or magicians. Again... great moves and great personality!
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
evikshin
View Profile
Special user
892 Posts

Profile of evikshin
Quote:
On 2010-04-03 20:09, lorenwade wrote:
Quote:

Evikshin

Yes and no... it gives it away to magicians yes, to the laymen... that is magic Good stuff!

The reason why I don't like the beginning is for philosophical reasons. I think overall he's got a good routine, and great chops, and a fantastic performing persona. I just don't like how the hands come close before revealing that the coin jumps across. I've been reading Strong Magic by Darwin Ortiz, and it's really opened up my eyes to routining, and effect construction. It's made me think about magic and nit-pick certain things that I never would've considered 3 weeks ago, prior to reading this book. Darwin discusses what I'm talking about in the context of one coin jumping from hand to hand, kind of like what we see here.

If Guo here didn't ask for advice, I wouldn't have given it. If all he wanted was a pat on the back, well, I'm nice enough to give it--no harm no foul. My assessment of the situation is that he was pretty much jazzing and thinking up a routine on the spot, and perhaps he later saw the footage, and liked the routine, and wants to develop it further, and hence was asking for "advice" on how to improve the routine.

I don't mean to offend anybody here, just doing my best to help, the same way that guys like MB, Vinny, Tim Feher, Mano (your stuff is incredible my man!), and Bill Palmer etc. have helped me out.

Evan
mrdane
View Profile
Regular user
Sacramento / San Francisco
191 Posts

Profile of mrdane
Agreed that the personality is great. Brings so much more to the routine than any crazy coin move/grip could. Although if I had to nit pick I would definitely like to see more seamless transitions between phases.

Made me smile, and that's an important aspect to me
Great Job!
danielguo
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of danielguo
Quote:

Evikshin

Hi£¬ Evikshin

thanks for your thoughts. hmm I think I may need explain why I would do that. I also read darwin otriz's book strong magic and design mircales. The reason why I show it at begining it's a amazement for coin transport without moving and I basically won't do this part to lay man, but some time I will show this as one trick. but I can still remember I develop this patter at fism and it's for magician. COZ it's fun to perform. I use this at fism to show a lot of guys like soma, pilou, olmac, karl hein and so on .and they just can't stop luaghing. sometimes I think maigci not only about amazement but also the enjoyment people they have. but I still thanks your time to share with me your thought.

thanks

Daniel.G
danielguo
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of danielguo
Quote:
On 2010-04-03 22:06, rannie wrote:
Wonderful job! There is nothing I disliked! I loved the smoothness moreover... the enjoyment you bring! This is what it is all about!

hey rannie!

I'm glad you like it..! thanks !
evikshin
View Profile
Special user
892 Posts

Profile of evikshin
Quote:
On 2010-04-04 01:38, danielguo wrote:
Quote:

Evikshin

Hi£¬ Evikshin

thanks for your thoughts. hmm I think I may need explain why I would do that. I also read darwin otriz's book strong magic and design mircales. The reason why I show it at begining it's a amazement for coin transport without moving and I basically won't do this part to lay man, but some time I will show this as one trick. but I can still remember I develop this patter at fism and it's for magician. COZ it's fun to perform. I use this at fism to show a lot of guys like soma, pilou, olmac, karl hein and so on .and they just can't stop luaghing. sometimes I think maigci not only about amazement but also the enjoyment people they have. but I still thanks your time to share with me your thought.

thanks

Daniel.G

Hi Daniel,

Now I understand why you did it that way (you were performing for magicians), it makes a lot of sense. thanks for clarifying. I only mentioned not liking the beginning because you had asked for advice, and also because I did not know you were performing for magicians that day. Like I mentioned before, you have great skill, and you seem like a pleasant person. Overall it was a very good performance, considering you were performing on the spot with no preparation.

Good luck and continue to enjoy life Smile

Evikshin
PAUL K
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
547 Posts

Profile of PAUL K
Danielguo,

That was Awesome! Great job and with one coin. Your skill level is very
high. It was very entertaining and funny. I wouldn't change a thing. Keep up
the good work and keep the videos coming.

Paul
mike greene
View Profile
New user
Manchester
80 Posts

Profile of mike greene
WOW

I really enjoyed that routine, seemed to be technically flawless, and I'm sure I'll be using it to inspire myself when doing my own coin magic.

Thanks for posting
ALL I NEED IS ONE LIFE, ONE TRY, ONE BREATH, I'M ONE MAN, WHAT I STAND FOR SPEAKS FOR ITSELF - NAS
danielguo
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of danielguo
Hey,guys.

this is really sweet... I 'm coming up with a really cool ring trick.. will coming soon.
danielguo
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of danielguo
Hey guys...

long time no see...

I been working on some coin routine..

hope to publish soon
DamastaMind
View Profile
New user
Bavaro Beach, Dominican Republic
60 Posts

Profile of DamastaMind
Keep up the good work!
The MIND is deceitful above all things
and beyond cure.
Who can understand it?

Jeremiah 17:9
danielguo
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of danielguo
Thanks!

yes I will keep working on new stuff!
Jboeskin
View Profile
New user
Yuma, AZ
81 Posts

Profile of Jboeskin
Great stuff daniel! I like the routine and think it is great to show magicians! You're very talented! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your stuff Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Impromptu one coin routine at FISM 09, Beijing. (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL