The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Dean's Triangle (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
789 Posts

Profile of Daniel Clemente
If I had the $$ for this effect, I'd own it
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1601 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
I find this to be a beautifully designed prop and routine that combines visual and audio interest at just the right points that complements the magic taking place. The gaff coins are well known and very well made (as you would expect given who made them). Although this does "pack flat", it doesn't travel well, which is a definite downside to this effect. It does have a terrific travel case that is well made and well thought out, but the set-up takes time, which makes this less workable unless you have plenty of time before you start.

I suppose, if you work at it, you could choreograph the setup of the apparatus so that it is interesting for the audience and it could become a part of the act. You would have to have the set-up down pat (working with the setup as much as you would the routine itself) if you are going to do this. I'm not fast enough, yet, to avoid it draging out for the audience, but I bet I could trim the time down a bit with repetition, this might be workable. Has anyone tried putting this together in front of an audience during performance?

As I wrote before, I'm very happy to own this.

Alan
ostadler
View Profile
New user
Munich, Germany
59 Posts

Profile of ostadler
I also own Dean's Triangle and I am very happy with it. It is plain beautiful, the routine is killer. I am personally very happy with my $850 purchase!
Now, has anybody else utilized the triangle table for any other routine? So you could use that for more than one routine? If anybody has any ideas I would be very happy to hear about it.

Thanks a lot!!
GeorgeG
View Profile
Inner circle
Thousand Oaks, CA
1025 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
Now that would be a seller. A video and/or publication on other new ideas about magic or uses with Dean's Triangle
ostadler
View Profile
New user
Munich, Germany
59 Posts

Profile of ostadler
I don't know if this would justify a DVD or a publication, and I think anybody who would try to (commercially) come up with that would have to contact Dean immediately and talk to him about that. But I would be interested in ideas from other fellows about how they incorporated the triangle in their act and if (and how) they use the prop for other effects.
The Great Hambini
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of The Great Hambini
I must say I really liked that. Didn't understand a word he said but very impressive.
frientre
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of frientre
Does somebody know which coin gaffed are used in Dean Dill's Triangle? Is it a set you can buy?
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2090 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2015, frientre wrote:
Does somebody know which coin gaffed are used in Dean Dill's Triangle? Is it a set you can buy?

Those that own the effect know, but it's much more than just the coins.
It's the routine and handling, which one can't learn and would not own the rights to without purchasing the full package.

With Dean's recent passing it's not currently available commercially, though it appears that will change soon based on the message posted here:

http://deandill.com/

Used sets sometimes show up on in the "For Sale" forum here which you will be able to access after you have the required number of posts.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7041 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2014, ostadler wrote:
I am personally very happy with my $850 purchase!

WHAT??? $850?? You serious? Wow. Two months rent! Never in a million years...

Doug
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7035 Posts

Profile of bowers
Quote:

It is a deans set made by Jamie Schoolcraft.

Or about 1 months house payment Doug.
Todd
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2090 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
I don't believe it's a Dean's Set, but wouldn't disclose what it was in the open forum.
Even if just a Dean's set, that doesn't include the "triangle", or the routine and associated rights.

Quote:
On Apr 27, 2015, bowers wrote:
Quote:

It is a deans set made by Jamie Schoolcraft.

Or about 1 months house payment Doug.
Todd
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7035 Posts

Profile of bowers
What I mean is its Deans special set of coins made by Schoolcraft.
I own it and its a awesome effect.And yes you can buy them.
Just contact Jamie.
Todd
dj
View Profile
Special user
974 Posts

Profile of dj
"Dean's Triangle" full performance by Dean Dill:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLyfjvjkJ-0

dj
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1499 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
A beautiful prop I will never own
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1116 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
There are some truly special touches that Dean's brilliance added to what you see in the demo, therefore even obtaining the requisite coins wouldn't be enough to completely recreate the beautiful routine. Even the table has special built-in qualities which assist in creating the wonder.

Dean was a humble man and a true gentleman. Even though I was fortunate to spend a bit of time with him as a magic student it is only relatively recently that I learned that he, like myself, was a veteran. He was a positive force in the universe. I would hope that everybody would do the right thing and purchase the Triangle rather than reverse-engineer it, even if one could recreate the routîne perfectly.
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2160 Posts

Profile of RCP
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2016, MJ Marrs wrote:
There are some truly special touches that Dean's brilliance added to what you see in the demo, therefore even obtaining the requisite coins wouldn't be enough to completely recreate the beautiful routine. Even the table has special built-in qualities which assist in creating the wonder.

Dean was a humble man and a true gentleman. Even though I was fortunate to spend a bit of time with him as a magic student it is only relatively recently that I learned that he, like myself, was a veteran. He was a positive force in the universe. I would hope that everybody would do the right thing and purchase the Triangle rather than reverse-engineer it, even if one could recreate the routîne perfectly.

To my knowledge there is no source for a Dean's Triangle other than an occasional private sale or a very cheap Chinese knockoff. I know there was a promise of continuing his line of products but to my knowledge that has not happened. Hocus Pocus is selling his estate items and has his DVD's as downloads. Do you have any additional information? Dean was a kind an gentle master......it would be a sin for his legacy to die or be pirated away.
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1116 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
The last I heard was that his line of products was going to be continued. Hopefully that is still in the works. Maybe one of his close friends, of which he had many, will chime in.
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1116 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Update: I see that Jamie Schoolcraft has Dean's "Explosion" for sale. He is having it demoed at Magic Live. Check out his Facebook page (Coin Gaffs). I'd imagine that some other Dean Dill stuff is available too.
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2160 Posts

Profile of RCP
The coins have always been available from Jamie since he mad them for Dean.
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1116 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
I don't think Jamie was selling the explosion sets before Dean passed despite the fact that he was manufacturing the sets for Dean. I'm guessing he worked out the details with Dean's estate to offer the explosion routine (including the training DVD) to the fraternity. It looks like the set will include a cool machined case. Now I'm wondering if the triangle will be available too.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Dean's Triangle (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL