The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Online stores (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Red Neck Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Down Yonder
242 Posts

Profile of Red Neck Magician
I am new to the Café and I was wanting to know if anybody could recommend to me a few online stores. Thanks
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
Welcome to the Café Red Neck Magician. I would recommend the following:Elmwood magic, Hocus-pocus, The trickery, and Stevens magic.
Metatron
View Profile
Elite user
Port Orchard, Washington
436 Posts

Profile of Metatron
I have had great sucess with "The Magic Warehouse". Reasonable prices, great customer service. Fast Shipping.
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2826 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Quote:
On 2010-04-07 14:42, Metatron wrote:
I have had great sucess with "The Magic Warehouse". Reasonable prices, great customer service. Fast Shipping.
Yep this is a fine store...
look at this thread also:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=41&199
Welcome to The Café!

Cardamagically,
Dom Smile Smile
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
MHamel
View Profile
New user
New Hampshire
71 Posts

Profile of MHamel
I would recommend MadHatter Magic Shop. They will go to the end of the world to keep you happy.

Also be careful with The Trickery. That was my first shop when I started and 90% of the things I got from there looked like someone made them in their garage. I am not saying all there products are bad, It just seemed the items I ordered were. I understand that people will most likely have a different opinion but I just thought that might count for something.I didn't know the difference until I did switch to another magic shop.
MHamel
View Profile
New user
New Hampshire
71 Posts

Profile of MHamel
Sorry for the second post.

To find the madhatter magic shops web site easy just go to my site and click the affiliates tab. it will bring you right there since the link is kind of long.

http://www.theartofillusions.com
123TJS321
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of 123TJS321
clownmagic
View Profile
New user
Fallsview, NY
41 Posts

Profile of clownmagic
The guys at MagicVault are wonderful! They have prices better than most other shop and the customer service is very professional. I know a number of big name guys shop there. The other week they had a quote from Eric Jones saying how he likes shopping there. When I see the big guys going there, I know I am with the right shop. The website for the online store is http://www.shopmagicvault.com

I also love outlaw-effects.com. They have some crazy stuff!

Check them both out. You will save a ton of money and be very happy.

Now if they would just carry clowning supplies! hahahaha.

EDIT: forgot to say MagicVault has free shipping and includes free gifts on every order.
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
While I typically only endorse Brick and Mortar stores and their online webstores, like Fantasma in NY, Divine Magic and Novelties in Richmond, Va, Barry's Magic Shop in Rockville, Md, Haynes House of Cards in Cincinatti, OH, The Cuckoo's Nest in Pittsburgh, The Magic Apple in L.A., and Denny And Lee's Magic Studio in Baltimore, there ARE some reputable online stores that offer competitive prices and excellent customer service. I've had awesome experiences with Shopmagicvault.com in the past, and if you can't get your magic from a brick and mortar magic shop(and they REALLY deserve your support), then a place like shopmagicvault.com will offer you a terrific online buying experience.
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Thanks for the kind words clownmagic and Mr. Jones!

Im going to tip a little secret that we are really jazzed up about...

MagicVault will soon have an OFFICIAL brick and mortar store!!!

We have several locations we are considering and hopefully by mid-year we will have finalized on one and can start moving in.

We originally were to have a brick and mortar a while back, but it was right as the economy took a nose dive... so we decided to do the right thing and hold off until we can have a better chance of DOING IT RIGHT.

The online side is going fantastic, the economy is rebounding, and its time to move ahead with the plans!

Thanks again to everyone for the kind words. Its really rewarding to see the community mention us like this.

Now Im off to MagiWhirl in DC!!! Enjoy the weekend folks!
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
Red Neck Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Down Yonder
242 Posts

Profile of Red Neck Magician
I appreciate the help.
oOMagiiCOo
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of oOMagiiCOo
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4899 Posts

Profile of RNK
I just ordered from Bob Solari- I called his number and he answered personally. We spoke and he was VERY helpful and considerate to my questions. I have never experienced customer service as I did with Bob. He truly is a gem to talk to and with this experience I will most definatley check his store before ANY others. That's not to say I havn't had good experiences with other online stores- most were very good- like Madhatter Magic Shop and Elmwood and Emagic supply, but I as I stated- Bob Solari's customer service by FAR was the BEST-Top Notch! Not to mention he has his own tricks he creates and hand makes. Thanks Bob for your AWESOME service!

RNK
mcollector
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of mcollector
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4899 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2010-04-15 09:17, RNK wrote:
I just ordered from Bob Solari- I called his number and he answered personally. We spoke and he was VERY helpful and considerate to my questions. I have never experienced customer service as I did with Bob. He truly is a gem to talk to and with this experience I will most definately check his store before ANY others. That's not to say I havn't had good experiences with other online stores- most were very good- like Madhatter Magic Shop and Elmwood and Emagic supply, but I as I stated- Bob Solari's customer service by FAR was the BEST-Top Notch! Not to mention he has his own tricks he creates and hand makes. Thanks Bob for your AWESOME service!

RNK
Vick
View Profile
Inner circle
It's taken me 10+ years to make
1120 Posts

Profile of Vick
http://www.dennymagic.com

The best in the business bar none

there are many good shops and dealers and some not so good

But I've seen no one that can do what for you what Denny can. He has years of performing experience and knowledge and a encyclopedic knowlege of the art of magic.
Denny willingly shares that knowledge. That is part of why there are so many good performers in Maryland

You can get Denny on the phone most any day

Plus Bill who works in Denny's is hilarious

Forget on line if you can and go brick and mortar

http://www.dennymagic.com can I say that again?

They only stock quality equipment and have an outstanding selection of books

If all you shop for is price you are cheating yourself and your art.
You know like anything in life, you buy cheap, you get cheap
Unique, Thought Provoking & Amazing Magical Entertainment Experiences
Illusions By Vick
Blog of a real world working magician
Magic would be great, if not for magicians
Sanderr
View Profile
Regular user
Netherlands
190 Posts

Profile of Sanderr
Definately MJMmagic.com.
The prices aren't that high, and the shipping isn't very expensive either (quite important because I live in Holland, and shipping can vary greatly between shops).

Also penguinmagic.com. Although almost all of my purchases were made at MJM, Peguin is a fine shop too, but has higher overseas shipping.
zhoudumu
View Profile
Regular user
philadelphia
172 Posts

Profile of zhoudumu
Penguinmagic.com has a relative cheep price as I compare with others.
David P
View Profile
New user
Boston via Michigan
82 Posts

Profile of David P
I order from MJM. They ship very quickly and have a huge selection
rottenmagic
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of rottenmagic
Use caution with penguin.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Online stores (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL