The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Tony Chris Hampton Falls (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
ein_doppelganger
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of ein_doppelganger
I enjoyed this video - apologies if it has already been posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuzwNkMzF......ture=sub
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Love it! Fun stuff!
Tony Chris
View Profile
V.I.P.
Vancouver, Canada
714 Posts

Profile of Tony Chris
Hello brothers and sisters of the bizarre. I see someone found my new trailer for my latest macabre bizarre offering Hampton Falls. I wasn't going to launch it until Tuesday which is when I will be shipping out all orders.

Thanks ein_doppelganger and Chad bye the way for your comments!

It is now available on my site as well at:

http://tonychrismagic.com/hamptonfallsorderpage.html

Essentially this is a lovely, dark and macabre offering that I created about 10 years ago. I am finally releasing it as it has been a huge staple in both my bizarre and mentalism shows for a very long time.

It is super deviously easy to do, instantly resets and is a whole lotta fun with people's psyche!!! A REAL MIND MESSER UPPER if I do say so myself.

I have freaked out (and entertained) laypeople with Hampton Falls long enough on my own so I hope that you will find it a wonderful and disturbing addition for your your own bizarre/macabre mentalism performances. Perfect for those who like ghost stories and spirit magic.

Abandoned insane asylum meets paranormal happenings crossed with a very captivating dramatic patter is a good thing!

Please enjoy the trailer and I welcome all comments.

Tony Chris
As magicians we create what onlookers call magic. If they truly believe in what we have created for them to witness then magic is real!!!

- TONY CHRIS, A.K.A. Zany Zack

http://www.tonychris.com
ein_doppelganger
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of ein_doppelganger
Sorry to steal your thunder Tony : ) I love the video and the presentation is quite creepy! I will be picking it up for sure!
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
Enjoyed the presentation and the effect, good fun sir!
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
I had checked out your website as soon as I saw it and noticed it wasn't there - glad to hear it's available - I shall be ordering ASAP! I love these type of effects!
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Bravo Mr. Chris.
AltonThrash
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, MS
589 Posts

Profile of AltonThrash
Just picked it up. Looks like a nice piece.
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
On order .
Mark
E.O.I
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1357 Posts

Profile of handa
I don't think that a viral video of Mr. Hampton doing a face plant because of a patch of ice is very bizarre and certainly not very funny...oh, wait that was the other video and come to think of it, it was pretty bizarre and funny Smile

Nice piece. I like it because it still utilizes the same basic premise as an O&W but doesn't have the tedium of going through 52 individual choices.

Chris
StPaulMagician222
View Profile
Regular user
Saint Paul, MN (Cathedral Hill)
104 Posts

Profile of StPaulMagician222
This is such a nice clean looking presentation of a Living or Dead test type routine. Using what looks like yearbook photos from a time 40+ years ago.The story is interesting way to keep us engaged without all the drama that sometimes can come along when you use the name of a real dead person that is known to the spectator. I can see using this effect to seal the deal with a potential client or getting a return or referral performance.

When I rejoined the Café I was just looking for a couple new effects I could add while I remounted my "Spirit Theatre" style performance and find I am almost completely revamping my program saving only 1 or 2 effects and all under the watchful eye of a gifted theatre director. The process of getting preview audiences and judging reactions and securing comments is an experience that is way better than what I expected and a pleasant return to the art after taking time away.

Chris, I already have so many effects on my shelves, (like many of us here) enough to fill maybe 6- 40 minute shows but the ingenuity of reframing old idea's in new drag that I have found lately from all the creative people like yourself in the magic world astounds me and this is such a fun visual piece of Mental Theatre that can be carried in ones pocket. It is very generous of you to release this staple of your act.

FOX didn't Kill Magic after all.

k
"One can't believe in Impossible things" said Alice.
"I dare say" said the Queen, "Why when I was your age I believed more than 6 impossible things before breakfast.
-Thru the Looking Glass- L.E. Carol
Tony Chris
View Profile
V.I.P.
Vancouver, Canada
714 Posts

Profile of Tony Chris
Hi guys,

I want to thank you all for your wonderful feedback. I appreciate it very much as well as all the orders thus far.

I have had a many PM's from our bizarrist brothers and sisters from around the world asking me if it is possible to customize the Hampton Falls cards for different languages.

The answer is a big YES!!!

On the instructional DVD, there is a section with the necessary information that you will need to print off the universal Hampton Falls Template. This allows you to print off the cards on photo stock paper without anything on the backs so you can add the "DEAD and ALIVE" in your own language. You could even use red ink to make bloody stains or droplets on the Dead cards if you wish.

I wanted to make sure that Hampton Falls could be performed anywhere in the world with any language. My way of thanking all those who buy it.

Hope this info helps.

Tony

Hope this helps!
Tony
As magicians we create what onlookers call magic. If they truly believe in what we have created for them to witness then magic is real!!!

Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
As usual done with class. Love the 'Chris' calming presentation style.

Thanks

Doug
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Good stuff Tony
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
1528 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Very very nice Tony.
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
Tony
I was stunned by the effect. Could I ask a few questions about it?
Does it work every time as cleanly, or were you spared sleights by psychology and luck?! Would it work even if the split is not 50/50?

Like many of the above, I love the OOTW premise, and the story sounds like a play on 'Hell Night' - a film which scared the * out of me as a teenager. It's a fine piece, and I'm very envious of you dreaming it up.
Best wishes
Steve
[
Tony Chris
View Profile
V.I.P.
Vancouver, Canada
714 Posts

Profile of Tony Chris
Thank you Doug, Vic, Steve And JalenS. I really appreciate it.

Steve, I think you will be pleasantly pleased to learn that the video demo trailer actually shows the weaker finish. Believe me though, in the eye of the spectator when you perform this effect, there is no weak finish!!! Only shock and a feeling of bewilderment. You can only imagine what the best finish looks like.

Hampton Falls is a piece of cake to perform and there is absolutely no psychology employed whatsoever towards the spectator making their choices. I just let them touch a photo and they tell me where to put it. I wanted the spectator to "recall" that every choice was made by them without any influence by me or without any possible suggestive input by me. It really is just that simple. It was more an artistic choice rather than a modus operandi choice without getting into details.

In other words, Hampton Falls is pure simplicity. As with all my bizarre endeavors, I focus so much attention on the adventure/story that the actual modus operandi is made to be as simple as pie.

All this talk of cake and pie is making me very hungry. I believe I will venture towards my fridge now.

Tony

P.S. There is only 6 days left on the early bird discount price sale of $30.00 before April 19. Then the retail price will be between $35 - $40.

docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
Well that's me sold!

Thanks for your reply Tony.
[
StPaulMagician222
View Profile
Regular user
Saint Paul, MN (Cathedral Hill)
104 Posts

Profile of StPaulMagician222
I received Hampton Falls today in the post. The DVD was well done and I found the explanation to be very clear and understandable. I should have opened the DVD before I ran out to get some heavy card stock as I thought that I would have to print out the works myself but they were included inside in a nice little white envelope with a print out of the routines script as well. I still am wondering what the little yellow envelope that was included was there for? This is a very nice routine and the bonus effect is also a great addition and alternative handling using the same cards.

Thanks Chris, this is something that packs small in a wallet but will play big!
Very Spooky!

K
"One can't believe in Impossible things" said Alice.
"I dare say" said the Queen, "Why when I was your age I believed more than 6 impossible things before breakfast.
-Thru the Looking Glass- L.E. Carol
Yannou
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

Profile of Yannou
I've received mine and watched part of the DVD - the main effect and explanation. I had a performance that evening, but I didn't take it with me right away. Technically, IMO it's easier than say, an Elmsley count and harder than a glide. I think rythm and timing are important for the method, I don't want to ruin an effect which I think will be an absolute winner in performance by messing it up that way, so I'm going to give it the practice it deserves first.
It has all the features I like:
- not very hard to do, all focus is on the effect/ performance
- the effect is crystal clear, there's nothing convoluted or confusing about it
- instant reset
- audience involvement ( a biggie in my book)
- does not look like a magic prop
- and yes, it does pack small and will play big!

I'll get back here after I've performed it in the real world a few times.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Tony Chris Hampton Falls (7 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL