The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Virtual Magic Pro - Benjamin Vianney. I'm Confused (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

illusion123
View Profile
Regular user
Wolverhampton, England
121 Posts

Profile of illusion123
Hi

As anyone seen the Virtual Magic Pro by Benjamin Vianney and tried to download the applications for the effects. If so please let me know how to do it in simple terms.

I have just purchased this DVD from Alakazam Magic in the UK. It arrives with an Activation card with a code on it that you are supposed to type in somewhere, god knows where. First of all the card tells you to go to http://www.imagic-iphone.com and follow the instructions to activate the applications and it is all in french so that's a good start as I can't read french. I phoned Alakazam magic and they got the instructions for me in English and this is what is says, just see if you can follow it:

Hello,

Actually the site that provides information on Actel activation is being translated English.

Here's how to enable applications:

1) Download the application from the AppStore.
Synchronize your iPhone / iPod if you go through iTunes.

2) Scrape the area code on the card accompanying the DVD.

3) Run your applications, the left screen appears.
Enter the card code and press "Save"

4) The application will be unlocked and you have access.

5) If a message "Code érroné" appears, make sure you enter your code and
Your Internet network (WiFi or 3G) is active.

6) The installation of all applications can be done on a single device.

7) Repeat the same procedure for each application.
(To facilitate the procedure and not having to type the code each time
please make a copy / paste)

Now first of all it asks you to download the application from the Appstore but what application am I supposed to be looking for. Once I have downloaded the application then I know what to do. Am I missing something here or what, or maybe it's me being a bit thick.

If anyone can throw any light on this then I would appreciate it.

Thanks again

Chris Wild
illusion123
View Profile
Regular user
Wolverhampton, England
121 Posts

Profile of illusion123
It looks like I might be getting somewhere with this problem. I emailed Benjamin Vianney and asked what applications I am supposed to be looking for. He then told me to type in Benjamin Vianney in the search in the itunes store (I suppose I should have know this). I have now downloaded the applications to my Iphone.

At a first glance it seems as though some of the words on the phone seem to be in French, but I think I can work them out with a bit of luck.

Viewing the first part of this DVD the performer is speaking in French with someone translating to English immediately after, which make it a little difficult to follow. It would have been much better just sticking the translation to English in words on the screen.

All this is very confusing and not very clear. I wonder if Alakazam Magic have previewed this DVD before selling it. I suppose it's OK if you speak French but can be a bit confusing if you can't.

Still I will have a go and hopefully it will work out OK.

Will let you know if anything else crops up that doesn't look right with this product.

Chris Wild
mrmuji
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of mrmuji
Hi Chris,

May I ask if it's worth buying?

I just got my 3GS recently and also thinking to buy this DVD as the trailor seems very attractive. Also, I always thought it would be nice to have a few apps to do virtual magic. If perhaps Mr Vianney can update the product into English then I really would like to buy it!

Please let us know how you get on. Thanks for updating Smile

Best Regards,
Bob
Best Regards,

Bob
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Was discussing with my father...he mentioned:
"Well iTunes does not receive their cut of a sale If the download
requires a code from the author iTunes is sans their profit.
Interesting model"

All apps are here **since this link includes ALL apps for the dvd, it will only open in iTunes**
If you want to see a stand alone app on the web, look here:
Magic Coin

Magi

Magic 4Choice

Magic Money DVD

Mental Card DVD

Magic Identity

iACAAN

The DVD is available here

And the tube demo

Can we have some reviews? Please

Also, there is a stand alone verion ofMagic Money $4.99
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Anyone? Don't make me buy this..... Smile
ernie guderjahn
View Profile
New user
Cow flop fairground
71 Posts

Profile of ernie guderjahn
Hey, lets be real, the effect, whether good or not, is being handled in a very lame computer manner that does not inspire confidence in either the computer apps programmer (which I have been) or the DVD program production. I downloaded "Magic Identity" which takes you to the same web site mentioned in this string, and the same ad for some "MEGA PACK OF F*&^( GREAT IPHONE MAGIC" (and the hyperbole was even bigger) and the main frustration was there were no instructions at all to how to use, present or just get the application to function. It seem to me to be a bad version of CardGuru which great for the price. In summary, they are making it too hard for me to use their product.
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
I kinda solved iACAAN & get me-self a Holy Grail.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Virtual Magic Pro - Benjamin Vianney. I'm Confused (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL