The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Coin Purse (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Aspinalls
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of Aspinalls
Dear Members of the Magic Café,

Does anyone know of a coin purse that can help me have coins returned back to the purse when they have vanished out of my hand?

Any help greatfully received.

Magical regards,

Aspianlls
magicalwishes
View Profile
Regular user
Hickory, NC
143 Posts

Profile of magicalwishes
Michael Rubenstein has a Rattle Purse that can set you up for that kind of effect.

Ask him about it, he is on the Café

SYRS
Bambu
View Profile
Elite user
California
498 Posts

Profile of Bambu
Quote:

Does anyone know of a coin purse that can help me have coins returned back to the purse when they have vanished out of my hand?

Michael Rubinstein shows exactly this effect in NY Coin Magic Vol 1
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
This thread is a bit dated, but if anyone is looking for a really clever coin pouch, I recommend the Triangle Purse.

Here is a link: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=202

It is basically a strip of leather that is folded to form a triangle with a flap that closes. the whole thing is held together with either a string or an elastic string. It is actually an ancient coin purse design, but it can be used for many really cool coin effects. It can be used to switch one coin for another (ungimmicked coins), coin productions, coin vanishes, etc. a vanished coin can be made to appear inside the coin purse that has been sitting there in plain sight the whole time. It takes just a bit of practice, but is it totally worth the practice.

one of the things I like to do with it is to show it from both sides, show my hands empty from all angles, open the leather coin pouch and show it is empty. I say what happened to my coins? I show my hands empty, load the purse, open it, and one coin is there. I take it out and it turns into two, three, then four coins. they are returned to the pouch, disappear from the pouch and the pouch is handed out for inspection.

The cool thing about the pouch is it can be taken apart and it is just a strip of leather and a piece of string.

KJ
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Link is a loop for some reason KJ
But it sounds exactly like the new Dan and Dave Fly Trap http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=3&2
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Yes, sorry about that. Here is the link:

http://www.seomagic-usa.com/catalog/prod......_id/1257

Yes, they do appear very similar. I am going to have to check out the flytrap. Looks very interesting. There are slight differences. The Triangle purse is more primitive looking. It is just leather and string. No buckles, key rings, etc. I'm not saying better, just different. I might have to pick up a flytrap. it looks more secure for carrying coins without fear of them falling out. The Triangle Purse, IMO, must be treated with a bit more care.

I think I like the flytrap for more secure holding of coins, but I think I like the Triangle Purse more for the visual impact of something that looks primitive and so simple.

One more thing: The Triangle Purse came with a DVD that, IMO, is just excellent instruction! It is in Japanese with subtitles, so keep that in mind, but they presented a wide variety of uses and routines for the purse. I was amazed at all the things they could do with a folded up strip of leather and piece of string!

KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
PD,

In further review of the flytrap, I'm not sure if this is a device used for magic effects or just for carrying coins. Can you comment on this? The Triangle Purse is designed in such a way as to facilitate some pretty amazing moves. On the flip side, I really don't think of it as the best way to carry coins, say daily. I would be more likely to set it up prior to use and then remove the coins and store them elsewhere, unless I am using ungimmicked coins. However, I use a lot of half dollar coins and they are getting harder to find these days, so I would rather not lose them.

Also, can you comment on the two sizes? What sort of coins would be used? If one was to purchase only one, should it be the larger one? I like to use half dollar and quarters mainly.

Thanks,

KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
One more thing. The leather on the flytrap looks very nice.

The leather on the Triangle Purse is VERY nice as well. It is very thick but pliable leather that is specially treated. I think the special nature of the thickness and right amount of how pliable it is, is key to being able to use it for various effects. It is said to get darker and nicer with age.

KJ
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I don't have one myself, I just recieved that from their email list and threw itbout therebto A) people who may not kniw they have a shop and an email list and B) people who had no idea (like myself) that they were invoved in anything bit cards. Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
I had never seen this thread till this morning. And I had never seen the triangle purse before. But I made this several weeks ago and it switches also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPfjuJvt2EQ

The first people I showed it to were Curtis Kam and Todd Lassen.

Tony
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Tony - Himber-type feature?

Jim
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Quote:
On 2013-10-29 14:33, J-Mac wrote:
Tony - Himber-type feature?

Jim

Oui Mon Capitain!
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
lithyem
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
306 Posts

Profile of lithyem
I have a purse that I manufacture that is beautiful black leather with a red satin interior.

You can find it here:
http://magicianscoinpurse.com/

The one in the images is Version 1 and does not have a diver pocket. The newest version that I have has a divider built in to keep coins separated. See it here:
http://i.imgur.com/eHF6kSt.jpg?1

If you are interested let me know!
Best,
Michael
ottphd
View Profile
Loyal user
243 Posts

Profile of ottphd
Michael
WOW. That looks beautiful! Are they for sale and how can they be purchased?
Jim
elainevblaine
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of elainevblaine
The triangle switch-out purse looks awesome, Doomo. One important detail, it appears the Bucks have overlooked, is a lining for the purse. This will oxidize your coins a weird color in a short time, I have found.
Brad Jeffers
View Profile
Veteran user
376 Posts

Profile of Brad Jeffers
You can get the "flytrap" directly from http://avundgoods.com/products/changer-1
Brad Jeffers
View Profile
Veteran user
376 Posts

Profile of Brad Jeffers
You can get the "flytrap" directly from http://avundgoods.com/products/changer-1
Brad Jeffers
View Profile
Veteran user
376 Posts

Profile of Brad Jeffers
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Quote:
On 2010-04-14 04:55, Aspinalls wrote:

Routining can take the place of gimmicked purses. The best example I know is Mike Gallo's handling for the Gadabout Coins, on one of the NY Coin Magic DVDs (sorry, I can't remember just which one). At the end, all the coins are gone from your hands and appear back in the purse they originally came from.

Cheers,
Jerry
lithyem
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
306 Posts

Profile of lithyem
Thanks Jim! They are - you should see a Buy now link on the website. If for some reason you don't you can contact info@magicianscoinpurse.com
I'm certain that you will love it. I've been using them for 4-5 years now and keep my precious silver in them for storage and daily use.
Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Coin Purse (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL