The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Common sense and courtesy 101 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Never sneeze at the dinner table...

Check your shirt pockets before putting them in the washer...

Call your mom once in a while...

If you are chewing gum, offer some to the other people...

If someone gives you the courtesy of the right of way on the road, acknowledge it with a smile and a friendly hand gesture...

Can you guys add more to the list?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
Do not litter.

When out in public, do not blow your nose by plugging one nostril and blowing snot out the other.

Don't spit in public.

Only turn on your blinker if you intend to actually turn.

At least once in a while hold a door open for someone.

Bob.
Avrakdavra
View Profile
Loyal user
The Pine Tree State, USA
224 Posts

Profile of Avrakdavra
Shift out of the right-hand lane on the highway when passing by an on ramp, so drivers can enter easily.

Do not smoke in places where other people are compelled to inhale your exhaust fumes. Exhale that last lungful BEFORE you step onto the bus.

Have your money out and ready to pay with by the time you reach the cashier.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Don't chew with your mouth open even though most every fast food ad on t.v. shows someone doing so, Don't constantly pop your gum. Don't put on so much perfume/cologne so others can still smell it five mins or more after you have left the area. Don't talk on your cell phone in the bathroom or while driving. Should I go on?
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Quote:
Only turn on your blinker if you intend to actually turn

or about to change lanes.

Turn on your headlights in rain or before dark.

Quote:
At least once in a while hold a door open for someone

And if someone holds a door open for you, be sure to say thank you.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Don't keep saying "You know" or Know what I'm saying?" In most cases no one "knows, or knows what your saying" as you haven't said anything but that every other word or so. You know what I mean? Example Yesterday, you know. I was going to you know. Go to you know. the store then, you know called me you know. You know then I wanted to you know go to the you know movies with you know them. and you know. You know what I'm saying?

The above is exactly the type of thing I have heard from both young adults and much older adults nearly everyday. Both should know better.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Hold open the door for your wife, while she brings in the groceries.

On a serious note, don't ask for an opinion on how this is or that is, when all you are looking for is agreement and ego stroking. By asking for honest feedback, people assume this is what you wish.

Do not GIVE an honest opinion if one is not actually asked for. Nobody really cares.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Quote:
On 2010-04-15 01:40, Dannydoyle wrote:

Do not GIVE an honest opinion if one is not actually asked for. Nobody really cares.

I kind of agree with that. But then again there are times when even though they don't want to hear it or don't care is when they need to hear it the most.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Learn what a stop sign means. It does not mean slow down to a snails pace and then proceed if no one is turning in front of you is passing in front etc... Stop means exactly that STOP no matter if there is anyone else at the intersection or not period. It doesn't matter if you think it's o.k. to not stop it doesn't matter if there's no one else around. You are in the wrong if you don't stop. A good many of you on here do that too "The not stopping" and your going to blab on and on about how your offended that I mentioned that etc... So what you are still totally in the wrong that is a fact.
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
"Officer I didn't stop at the sign but a slowed down a lot and looked both ways."

"Really?"

The cop looked behind him, and then back at the driver and began poking him hard in the shoulder with his billy club.

"Hey, quit poking me with that billy club, it hurts!"

"How about I just slow down a lot?"
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Here's one Courtesy...

Do not "bully" other people with your self righteous point on an Internet Forum where everyone is supposed to help everyone.

Even if the said point is correct.

People get the point without it being put to them in a condescending manner.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Nosher
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of Nosher
Hold open doors for people coming behind you.

Thank the person who holds open a door for you.
Escapemaster-in-chief from all sorts of houdingplaces - Finnegans Wake
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Somtimes kind is more important than true.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Quote:
On 2010-04-15 04:29, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
Here's one Courtesy...

Do not "bully" other people with your self righteous point on an Internet Forum where everyone is supposed to help everyone.

Even if the said point is correct.

People get the point without it being put to them in a condescending manner.

It doesn't seem that any one in this thread is being "self rightous" If someone does feel that anyone well the comments hit them right where they live and the one offended is the one that is doing some of the things mentioned.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Recognize that you are not the universes critic.
There is no such thing as a fashion police force.
The person on the phone doesn't care how much you hate this store and niether do the rest of the people in the store who can also hear you shouting.
Cars are deadly behemoths of metal, drive like you know that.
You are not the toughest guy on YouTube, I am Smile
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
"The secret of the universe is this, the universe does not care.
That part's up to you and me." - Solomon Short
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Don't try to pretend that you MUST text someone back, or even in the first place AT THIS VERY MOMENT, especially when THIS VERY MOMENT is while you are driving your car. That also applies to your cellphone conversations! I can't count the number of times I have very nearly had an accident because someone was too busy with their cellphone while navigating our nation's roads.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Never...no...always...no..never...how does that go?

OH! Never waste people's time.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Quote:
On 2010-04-15 02:19, RS1963 wrote:
Learn what a stop sign means. It does not mean slow down to a snails pace and then proceed if no one is turning in front of you is passing in front etc... Stop means exactly that STOP no matter if there is anyone else at the intersection or not period. It doesn't matter if you think it's o.k. to not stop it doesn't matter if there's no one else around. You are in the wrong if you don't stop. A good many of you on here do that too "The not stopping" and your going to blab on and on about how your offended that I mentioned that etc... So what you are still totally in the wrong that is a fact.

Use punctuation, and never write run-on sentences. They make it difficult to follow a train of thought.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Common sense and courtesy 101 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL