The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Peter Austin's New "21 Century Fire Wallet" Line (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..9~10~11 [Next]
TheMagicMaker
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of TheMagicMaker
I now own 3 of Peter Austin's Fire Wallets from his "21st Century Fire Wallets" line and I thought it was time to post a review on his products and services. I wanted to wait a while to really use them and and "put them to the test" before posting this review. Its been 4 months since I got my first wallet "Fusion of Fire" and I must say I am totally impressed as are many other Café Members (see "up in smoke" section).

Everything about his products show that Mr. Austin really cares about his customers and goes the extra mile to give you the best bang for your buck. I was so impressed when I got my first wallet in this really nice and beautifully designed metal tin. No poly plastic ziplock bag here... Everything from the extra accessories, printed matter and instructional video were also very well done and though out. Definitely a class act and very professional.

From the moment I opened the metal tin and started unwrapping my new wallet I could see this was NOT just another ordinary fire wallet. When I finally had it in my hands and got to look at how it worked and was designed my jaw just dropped. I had NEVER seen a Fire Wallet that was so ingenious, so advanced, and so beautifully made. I truly have to give Mr. Austin kudos for a real work of ART. I have to say I truly felt I was UNDERCHARGED considering what I was holding in my hands.

I thought to myself, if this wallet works half as good as it looks I will be totally pleased with my purchase. Well, needless to say, it worked even BETTER than I had ever imagined. So much that I went and ordered ANOTHER ONE! I figured the price HAD to go up soon and I wanted to get it at the same low price...

I can't show you the wallets and I don't want to sound like an advertisement so I'm going to direct you to his website so that you can see his new line of Fire Wallets for yourself. He has demo videos and has LOTS of information on each wallet for those of you who like to read.

I will say this though, I've owned over 10 fire wallets in the last 20 years and seen just about EVERY ONE EVER MADE on the market over the last two decades. NOTHING COMES EVEN CLOSE to the amazing innovation, quality, and designs of Mr. Austin's products. His line of wallets are NOT just your average ordinary Fire Wallet, he has OTHER Fire Effects incorporated in his wallets making them not only unique, but MIND BOGGLING. One of his latest additions to the line include a TRIPLE EFFECT Fire Wallet which is my Favorite! I LOVE IT! They are so easy to use and maintain too. I was using mine minutes after watching the video and freaking people out, its really a great attention getter.

The last thing I want to mention is that Mr. Austin has worked out every problem I've ever experienced with a fire wallet and has TREMENDOUSLY IMPROVED this kind of effect. You have to see it to believe it:

Here is Peter's Website:

http://www.peteraustinmagic.net

The Magic Maker
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
I went to the site. No photos. Just silly drawings of the wallets. lol.
~Joe
algebraic
View Profile
Special user
946 Posts

Profile of algebraic
I also have Peter's 21st century fire wallet. Well, I actually have two. I was so impressed with it that I bought a second one.

Peter has some demos of his products on his site. This item does have a demo.

I've owned several fire wallets and this is the best one that I have owned. It's well made, quiet, and a sure fire electronic ignition. It's also a nice thin wallet.

I'm looking forward to receiving my business card wallet from Peter. Peter also has a demo of this on his site.

I'm done looking for other fire wallets. Peter has solved all of the issues I had with fire wallets(no flint wheel, no sound issues, thin, well made, no flash items for ignition, etc.)

If you're looking for another fire wallet, give Peter's a try. I think you'll be impressed.
TheMagicMaker
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of TheMagicMaker
Hey Everyone,

I just got my latest purchase from Peter and although it did take a longer than usual to get it, it was WELL WORTH THE WAIT. I'd much rather wait a bit more for a GREAT product than to get a "CRAPPY" product faster. I have purchased quite a few of Peter's items and have become somewhat on a "friendly" basis with him and have had the opportunity to talk to him personally. The ONE thing I can say about him is that he is one of the nicest and most honest people I have ever met. His high standard of honor and integrity not only show in his personality, but, as anyone who has ever purchased one of his items knows, it also shows in his work and products.

I recently spoke to Peter and he told me he is currently experiencing what he called "growing pains." This is the point in a company's growth where the demand for its products increases faster than the company's means can produce. You have to remember that EACH one of Peter's products is HAND CRAFTED and is not made in some factory in Asia. Right now Peter is pretty much flying "solo" since his dad, who recently passed away, is no longer there to work with him. Peter also told me that he is in the process of expanding his facilities and will soon have more resources to get products out faster. Because he is currently so bogged down trying to get out products he only has enough time for correspondence once a week. Peter has ALWAYS responded to my emails even if it takes him a few days. It amazes me how quick someone is to post negative comments in a PUBLIC forum about someone who would bend over backwards to try and make you happy. He would NEVER rip someone off or try to scam them. He also has a family to support and posting negative comments in an open forum can only hurt someone. Peter is guilty of being slow, but I have yet to read ANYTHING about him being dishonest and taking people's money.

I asked Peter why he doesn't come on the Café and post himself and he told me that although he respects the Café and its members, he just doesn't have the time. He asked me if I would consider being his "spokesperson" and I have gladly accepted his request... I have become quite fond of Peter and his items and I obviously spend enough time here on the Café.

Peter has asked me to post here on the Café that although he is a bit behind he WILL get your order out and if you waited longer than the normal shipping time he is including a "bonus" accessory pack to show you his appreciation. He also said orders are currently taking about 14-20 business days and he wants to be sure everyone is aware of this. He expects this shipping time to be much less as soon as he gets caught up and has his new facility up and running.

For those of you who already have a Peter Austin product, you know how great they are. I don't have to tell you because you already know that his items are of the HIGHEST quality and innovation. For those of you who don't know Peter's products I just want to tell you that in MY opinion (and many other Café members), the extra wait for his products is WELL worth it... Quality always takes more time...

The Magic Maker

Posted: May 1, 2010 4:30am
Dear Alex Tan,

Peter explained to me what happened with your order and how he was negligent in checking his other email account which is where you were writing him. Apparently he never gets customer's writing him at his AOL account and has that email just as his paypal email address. He would never purposely ignore someone. He also told me that you received the item he sent you and you seemed pleased. Were you happy with the quality of the item? I know your last post said that Peter "took care" of you but what did you think of what you received? Was it worth the wait? I think it would be nice if you could share your thoughts and comments with us so we know if you feel Peter did his best to accommodate you even though he admittedly made some errors with your order.

The Magic Maker

PS... To anyone else reading this who wants to contact Peter, you should email him at his website email address. peter@peteraustinmagic.net to assure the fastest reply.

Quote:
On 2010-04-15 05:34, Joe Mauro wrote:
I went to the site. No photos. Just silly drawings of the wallets. lol.

Just silly drawings? Hmmm... I guess you didn't see the demo videos huh? Or the pages of information Peter has on each wallet? As for your "silly drawings" comment, Peter has told me that he'd rather spend his time on making HIGH QUALITY items than spend time and money on "high-tech" ad graphics and images. What better than a VIDEO would you want to see? I'm just amazed how people are so quick to write such commentaries but yet if they were the ones being scrutinized or ridiculed it would be a different story all together... I personally think those "silly drawings" are not half bad, but then that is just my opinion. Nevertheless, I'm not buying Peter's product because it has a nice graphic on the label, I'm buying it because it is the BEST product money can buy. Who cares what the art work looks like? Even if he did have actual pictures of the wallets, what would you see? A wallet... Peter does not show his wallets "workings." Every wallet in the line uses the same, good quality lambskin wallet. I'm sure if you really need to see a picture of what they look like all you'd have to do is ask him and I'm sure he would be happy to send you one.

The Magic Maker
Alex Tan
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
289 Posts

Profile of Alex Tan
The wallet is great but wasn't what I had in mind, many problems were solved but one factor that I think is very important is how long the fluid would last in the wallet, that is not what I had expected.

I have many different fire wallets that I picked up over the years and although I am always in search of a better one, I always returned to the ones I got from Tito Cris of Philippines. Believe it or not, even in Singapore's humidity, the fluid lasts at least 2 full days in the wallet.

Back to Peter's wallet, it is great, just not what I had expected. The ignition is the best I have seen in a fire wallet.

As to his service, it would have been so much better if the customer can be informed of any delays, especially a delay that is longer than one would expect. Whether the customer emailed or not, to whichever email one might have is irrelevant, in my opinion. If a delay is expected, how difficult is it to just send a short email informing the customer?

I understand that Peter's products are handcrafted and not mass produced in factories in Asia, but mass produced or handcrafted isn't necessarily a good measure of quality so I don't quite understand your argument. Pardon me but what's wrong with Asia to you anyway?

I have products from all over the World and the region they came from doesn't tell me anything as to their quality in particular, maybe you can enlighten me?

Good and bad quality can come from anywhere from my experience.

Once again, I like to state that I am pleased that I received what I was supposed to receive, and although it took longer and much more than necessary to get it, I am glad it's over.

Peter refunded me and offered the wallet to me free of charge for the problem he caused, and I wrote and offered to pay for what I received including its shipping costs.

I have yet to hear from him.

I hope you now know what you needed to know.

Cheers,
Alex
TheMagicMaker
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of TheMagicMaker
Dear Alex,

As for your comments on the wick system and how long the lighter fluid lasts. You made a very good point that things like humidity can affect the evaporation rate of the lighter fluid. I was a bit confused by what you said though since as far as I know (and I may be wrong) things evaporate "less quickly" in high humidity. But again, I am not a scientist nor do I know if you meant Singapore has high or low humidity.

I too have owned and seen MANY fire wallets over the last 20 years and I have also seen most of the Asian versions as well. There are a few other factors that must be mentioned in all fairness to Peter. I don't want people thinking that his wick system is flawed or poorly designed base on you comments. Peter cannot control the environment and therefore cannot guarantee the length of time the lighter fluid will stay in the wicks. Secondly, its quite obvious the larger the wick is the more fluid it will absorb. All the wallets I've seen from Asia are HUGE and BULKY and can accommodate considerably larger wicks. You also didn't mention that you're talking about a MANUAL STRIKER Fire wallet that has no electronic or power source, just a little, tiny striker. Therefore, considering this, there is much more room to accommodate larger wicks. The question is "how long does the lighter fluid need to last?" The wallets I have from Peter, fully loaded, have lasted in my wallet for at least 12 hours. But again, there are many factors also involved in this equation. If you loaded the wallet and then ignited it 5 or 6 times in a row right off the bat, of course the fluid is not going to be as much the next time you go to use it. My point is, how the wallet is used tremendously determines the amount of time the fluid will last. Peter's wallets use the BEST 1" wide, super absorbent wicks that are not glued down and are very cleverly held with steel powder coated material which also aids in slowing down the evaporation process. The wicks are also very cleverly arranged at different heights so that when the wallet is closed, the wicks create somewhat of a "seal" which also contributes to the conservation of the fluid.

So lets compare peaches to peaches and apples to apples... I have only found TWO other people who make electronic wallets and neither of them come even close to Peter's wick system. (If someone is interested PM me and I can send you links so you can see for yourself.) One of the competitor's wallets has only ONE very small wick and the other guy's wallet glues the wicks down. If glue is used to hold down a wick how much of the glue has already absorbed into the wick? That can't be good for maximum lighter fluid absorption.

Again, I have fueled my (Peter Austin's) wallet, not used it, and picked it up 12 hours later and it still ignites. I guess 2 days would be better, but I don't like big bulky striker wallets which is why I went with an electronic one. I'm ok with 12 hours, but again that's just my opinion. Peter's wallets are just the right size, slim, trim and if you consider everything that he puts in them, you wonder how it can still be almost undetectable and also still less bulky than the other manufactures of similar, electronic, fire wallets.

I know he screwed up your order Alex but hey, the guy's parents just passed away in a fatal car accident, I know that's not a good excuse for some people, but I recently lost my dad too and I can definitely give the guy a break for a two week delay. He gave you a full refund before you got your product and from what I understand did everything he could, once he realized his mistake, to make it up to you. Everyone makes mistakes Alex.

I have one question for you if you don't mind. You kept mentioning it wasn't what you expected. What did you expect? Did you ask Peter any questions before purchasing the wallet? That might have alleviated this whole situation.

With all due respect,
The Magic Maker
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22651 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
There are mail order laws in the United States, if a product does not ship within 3 weeks the purchaser must be notified and give a choice of cancelling the order and receiving a full refund or continuing to wait for the product within a reasonable time given for delivery.
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1569 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
I received my 21st Century Firewallet yesterday .. have been waiting along time but Peter has kept me informed regularly. Was it worth the wait ....
Absofreakenlutely!!! It takes Peter 5 hours to make each wallet.

I've had other electronic firewallets and striker type fire wallets ... this really really is a century away from those and any other fire wallets I have seen or used.

I used this Fire Wallet tonight and it now is a staple in my routine. The flames it produces are larger than any fire wallet I have had. Easy and very SAFE to use. A lot .. and I mean ALOT of thinking has gone into this wallet.

It's a KEEPER!!!!
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of rklew64
GOT IT TODAY. The Fusion of Fire Wallet!!!!!!!!!!
Hot Da#n!!
Outstanding Wallet Quality - Totally Unsuspecting, Soft Leather, Great Great Great
Extremely Well Thought Out - Everything is in Place to Operate Correctly Practically 100% Out of the Gate
Ignition Action - WOW! that's simply it! 10/10 Can Be Held and Lit with 1 Hand and 1 finger
Worth the Wait because these are not massed produced - That is Why Quality is Consistent and High!
No Doubt Peter's website is on my Next to Buy From List.
Exceeded My Expectations!
Magicmike221
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
608 Posts

Profile of Magicmike221
Does anyone have a decent close up photo of the inside & outside of any of the wallets? I have seen the demo's but would like a close up shot if poss?
MikeTheKid
View Profile
Veteran user
vancouver
329 Posts

Profile of MikeTheKid
Now you guys make me wanna buy one ....
---------------------------------------------

Magic is a performing art that entertains an audience by creating illusions of seemingly impossible....

www.mikeliumagic.com
TheMagicMaker
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of TheMagicMaker
MagicMike221,

Peter's wallets are very good quality soft and supple leather. Its not hard and "stiff" like so many other fire wallets I've purchased in the past. Since leather is a natural product, each wallet has a slightly different grain and "feel." I currently own 3 of Peter's wallets and although the quality of the leather on each one is great, they are each slightly different in grain and appearance.

As for seeing the "inside" of the wallet, perhaps you could ask a person who has one to take a pic and send it to you, but I personally would not do it. Peter does not show the inside of his wallets on purpose since his design is so unique and innovative. I can tell you this though, you would be quite impressed and I can assure you his design and work makes all others look like child's play. Obviously, from all the comments above, everyone else seems to agree with this.

I've learned that Peter has decided to put some pictures of the wallet's on his website. Although in his opinion no picture can really show you the "quality" of the wallet, it seems people like to have something to look at when purchasing a product. I'm told he will have these pictures Up in the next day or so. I can assure you though there will not be any "inside" pictures showing his design, you'll probably have to purchase one to see that...

Respectfully,
TheMagicMaker
martinkaplan
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
562 Posts

Profile of martinkaplan
I have just received mine and I must confess that it is one of the best thought out and best made fire wallets that I have ever seen. All the goodies come packed in a very lovely metal tin. I received the Fusion of Fire model and in addition to the instructional CD - which is most thorough and lasts 37 minutes - and the wallet, I also received additional wicks, batteries, a plastic fuel bottle and replacement stickers for the flaming credit card effect. The wallet itself is made of quality leather and the construction of the wallet allows for a rather substantial flame to be produced. There is also a built in safeguard that will not allow the wallet to accidentally ignite. The transition from the flaming wallet to the normal (?) wallet is easily accomplished. The credit card removes easily from its secure place in the wallet and the sight of the credit card bursting into flames is nothing short of amazing. Given the amount of crap that is being produced these days and sold at exorbitant prices, this is one item that is way under priced in terms of its constructions and its usefulness.

It did take a while for me to get it, but Peter kept me informed along the way. Since every wallet is hand made and the demand is greater than expected. the delay was understandable. It was well worth the wait.

-Marty
Ken Francis
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Ken Francis
What can I say this is the best fire wallet I have come across.Peter is a real gent and what a credit this wallet is .
I have got the duality of fire it it's a treat to use .I know Peter puts a lot of work into his wallets and you can tell as soon as it's in your hands.
I would say if you only buy one fire wallet you must buy one of these.well done Peter great workmanship .check out Peter web site .
A day without laughing Is a life Without living
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
I have just ordered Duality of Fire from Peter.

Peter has discussed this wallet with me at length via email to ensure that I get exactly what I require.

So much so, he is modifying the wallet to accomodate my Australian business cards which are a touch bigger then the USA ones.

The pre service information and communication from Peter has been excellent.

Really looking forward to this.

Chappelly
izzywizzy
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of izzywizzy
Hi
I bought a Duality Fire Wallet from Peter and it is Fantastic
Craftmanship and Innovation is Amazing
So if you are after a fire Wallet then look no Further you have found the best
available
Peter has been more than helpfull and the Wallet arrived perfectly packaged in its own case with Brilliant Video Instruction
Florida to the UK in 5 Days
Peter you are a Credit to Magic
Regards Geoffrey Urch
UK
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Ive never been much for fire wallets... but I HAVE wanted a good business card gag. I have a rising card case which is okay but I was hoping for something a bit more dramatic.

Based on all of your raves about the quality of his products, I purchased the (not cheap but less expensive then the fancier ones) Business Card Inferno. I'll let you know what I think of it after I have it to play with for a bit.

I don't mind the wait, btw, if what I'm getting for it is a top quality hand crafted product.
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
TheMagicMaker
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of TheMagicMaker
Dear Cyberqat,

Actually, Peter's price on the "Business Card Inferno" (BCI) is $26.00 less than Jim Pace's similar effect "Electric Hot Leads." I own them both and I can tell you its like comparing a bicycle to a Rolls Royce in every respect. Peter's new innovative "pyro unit" along with his new improved delivery system, takes this "business card on fire" effect straight into the 21st Century and beyond; as I'm sure other magicians who have purchased it will also agree. The concept is actually quite ingenious and the quality and workmanship are better than 1st rate. I feel as if I got MORE than I paid for, and that is rare especially these days when it comes to purchasing magic.

When you think that each wallet takes Peter like 5-12 hours of work, (depending on which one) and (Peter told me) just the pyro unit alone takes him 3 hours to cut the metal, form and shape the pieces, powder coat them, do the electrical soldering and then assemble it. I know the BCI takes Peter 5-6 hours of work from start to finish. When you consider the quality of workmanship and product along with his new and unique innovations, not to mention all the "accessories" he includes with each wallet, you have to wonder how he can do it for the prices he asks.

I do know that his prices are about to go up and he has already raised the price on Duality and Trilogy since these take him 12-14 hours of work to make... I own a Trilogy of Fire and I must say that even at its new higher price, its worth ever penny and more.

Respectfully,
TheMagicMaker
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Thnaks MM. Didn't mean to imply I thought it wasn't worth the price.. if I did, I wouldn't have bought it Smile

Im paying for a quality product. I know that. Quality always counts, and double so when dealing with dangerous things like fire. And you can certainly pay a lot MORE in this business and get junk Smile
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
gregkoren
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of gregkoren
I bought Fusion of Fire, and I can't think of a single thing to say that hasn't already been said before, and better, by others who are outrageously satisfied with their Peter Austin wallets.

I've now used my FOF dozens of times and couldn't be happier. Of Peter himself, I found him to be a true gentleman--perhaps an overworked gentleman--but a gentleman nonetheless. I recommend his Fusion without reservation. The gasps it's generated speak for themselves!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Peter Austin's New "21 Century Fire Wallet" Line (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.45 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL