The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Peter Austin's New "21 Century Fire Wallet" Line (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
auriuspd
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of auriuspd
As the holiday season is approaching, I received a miracle today. After months of trying, I was contacted by Peter Austin himself by email. I won't go into the details but he apologized to me and all those persons who ordered merchandise and never received it. His life took a very bad turn and left him in a bad situation. He never intended to defraud anyone and wants to refund any money outstanding. If you have ordered a wallet and never received it, you can get a refund by emailing him your name, address, and info to www.peteraustinmagicrefund@gmail.com.
rexgetz
View Profile
New user
Manhattan, Ks.
84 Posts

Profile of rexgetz
This doesn't seem to be a working email address---I too would like my money back or the wallet.
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
"The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'www.peteraustinmagicrefund@gmail.com.' on 15/12/2010 10:14 AM
Server error: 'Invalid recipient'"

This is an invalid address.

If Peter Magic Maker Austin is genuine and if it was Peter who sent the email to auriuspd, then he should contact everyone who he has lied to and taken money from .That would be the honorable thing to do.

The mystery continues.
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of rklew64
I want the unmasking of Magic Maker once and for all!!!
Good luck to all for a speedy refund.
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Th really bizzare thing is that this makes no sense at all as a con.

Besides the issues already pointed to, why would you make contact again after all possible money collecting had occurred? that's the last thing you would want to do.
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Did he make contact though?

The email address that was sent is invalid.

Sounds like a prank.

Or, maybe for the refund you have to supply your "bank details etc"?
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3209 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Quote:
"The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'www.peteraustinmagicrefund@gmail.com.' on 15/12/2010 10:14 AM
Server error: 'Invalid recipient'"

This is an invalid address.

Did you try this without the www and the period at the end?
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Just clicked on the link.

The www and the period did seem strange!

I'll see what happens without them.

That works.

Now for a response from Peter or whoever.
p0nt00ns
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of p0nt00ns
Hello everybody, I have not been very active in this forum in the past but really do not know where else to turn. I have been a hobbiest Magician all my life and just enjoy doing magic for my kids and at family partys. My issue with Peter Austin is that I purchased his New Triple Suprise Box 19 months ago for $629 and have yet to recieve it. Yes we exchanged many emails and explained the building of it and it would be comleted in 6 weeks and so on. These emails which I have everyone from the begining until his accounts were no longer valid and sent him messages through his website, but no return. I do not think there is one possible excuse that he did not use on my including dumping coffee on his laptop. I have also have all the email explaining his major personal issues. Giving him every single chance to redeem himself inluding to just send me any product he has at all in stock and I would be ok with it,.... NOTHING! Obviously this is over 45 days old so PayPal was no help. I begged him to call me from the very begining but he would NOT. If anyone out there knows of anything that will help me recover my $629 from Mr. Austin I would greatly appreciate the help. I have Definately been Ripped off by Mr. Peter Austin. I have all the email to prove my statements and would be happy to share if there is any doubt of my claim. I would really be greatful for any help anyone could provide, $629 is not something that I can let go of real easily, esspecialy in todays world. Thank You so much for any ideas or help anyone can provide, Bob
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of rklew64
A trail more than a year and a half old plus will be very challenging. What more can be said that has not been said before on this thread. I feel bad for your situation, but I really can not think of anything else short of hiring a private investigator, serious. Paypal obligations have expired, email addresses are dead. No one will bother asking for proof of your claim. Others have not found resolution.
The only break is to continue monitoring this thread. Sorry I could not sugar coat this or provide delusional solutions that would make matters worse and waste time.
The only thing remotely helpful would be to say do not beat yourself up on ALL the what ifs with the lost $629. This will be a sore issue for as long as you want it too be given the options presented right now. I'm not saying forget about it, but not obsess about it either. And if anyone says to you "well, others have been ripped off for thousands of dollars" I say ******** to that because this is about the whole principal, absent communication, breaking a trust and that you were affected. Who gives a **** about others for whatever reasons or circumstances.
Good luck to you and the others in this ****ed up situation.
Ken Francis
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Ken Francis
I see his web site is down
A day without laughing Is a life Without living
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4933 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Mail order fraud is a serious crime. $629 is enough money to get a felony charge.
Contact your bank on which the credit card is drawn. Contact the police in your area. Don't just call, go there.
Bring all information to the police.
It's possible that this could be a federal case because it involves the mail.
James

Quote:
On 2010-12-16 23:23, p0nt00ns wrote:
Hello everybody, I have not been very active in this forum in the past but really do not know where else to turn. I have been a hobbiest Magician all my life and just enjoy doing magic for my kids and at family partys. My issue with Peter Austin is that I purchased his New Triple Suprise Box 19 months ago for $629 and have yet to recieve it. Yes we exchanged many emails and explained the building of it and it would be comleted in 6 weeks and so on. These emails which I have everyone from the begining until his accounts were no longer valid and sent him messages through his website, but no return. I do not think there is one possible excuse that he did not use on my including dumping coffee on his laptop. I have also have all the email explaining his major personal issues. Giving him every single chance to redeem himself inluding to just send me any product he has at all in stock and I would be ok with it,.... NOTHING! Obviously this is over 45 days old so PayPal was no help. I begged him to call me from the very begining but he would NOT. If anyone out there knows of anything that will help me recover my $629 from Mr. Austin I would greatly appreciate the help. I have Definately been Ripped off by Mr. Peter Austin. I have all the email to prove my statements and would be happy to share if there is any doubt of my claim. I would really be greatful for any help anyone could provide, $629 is not something that I can let go of real easily, esspecialy in todays world. Thank You so much for any ideas or help anyone can provide, Bob
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Yeah that's a lot of money. Worth chasing. I wish you luck.

This whole thing has just been bizarre.
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
MagicByBruce
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of MagicByBruce
Auriuspd, I would not be bored by the details. Is his personal problem crack? Until I/we hear a reason for all of this, I will assume (ass you me) that this is another stalling technique for the hapless hopefuls out there.
MagicByBruce
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of MagicByBruce
Esoteric moment: I have seen two re-occurring foibles in magicians. (1) That we think we can lie so convincingly. We embellish, fudge and white lie. We think our wives, friends and audiences don't see through this. (2) We think that there is one effect that is going to put us over the top. It's the one that will change our fortunes. If we buy "FreaKEY" we will become Gregory Wilson. I see both of these in this situation.
bkmagic
View Profile
New user
Torrance Ca 90501
13 Posts

Profile of bkmagic
Just heard from Paypal/American Express - I received all moneies back. Funny I still would love to get the Peter Austin Fire Wallet. What magicians will do just to get the best effect/trick out there.
Bill Kornhauser
Do you believe in Magic?
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Quote:
On 2010-12-13 23:12, auriuspd wrote:
As the holiday season is approaching, I received a miracle today. After months of trying, I was contacted by Peter Austin himself by email. I won't go into the details but he apologized to me and all those persons who ordered merchandise and never received it. His life took a very bad turn and left him in a bad situation. He never intended to defraud anyone and wants to refund any money outstanding. If you have ordered a wallet and never received it, you can get a refund by emailing him your name, address, and info to www.peteraustinmagicrefund@gmail.com.

Peter Magic Maker Austin did contact me after I sent an email to his refund address. He apologised and mentioned his personal issues that brought about the situation that he is in at the moment.
Since this wallet fell through I have purchased one from Stephane Jardonett.
His original wallet has served me very well for many years and hopefully this one will do the same.

Chappelly
Ken Francis
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Ken Francis
Did anyone find out anymore info on Peter .
A day without laughing Is a life Without living
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4135 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
After struggling to get one of these gems I now have two of them. A bit like waiting for a bus , you wait an age then two come a long at once. Anyway if any one would like a duality of fire in brand new condition , just been tried out a couple of times then please pm me. I would like the same price as advertised on Peters site plus shipping . Regards Gary
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4135 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Hi all wallet now sold thanks for your interest Gary
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Peter Austin's New "21 Century Fire Wallet" Line (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL