The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Peter Austin's New "21 Century Fire Wallet" Line (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of rklew64
I wish you could experience an electronic ignition - silent and one finger push with little effort compared to stripped out bic lighter. It's basically the difference between a dial up 56k modem and a T1 line. And Peter Austin used to make them, that's the poor shame and stupid thing about this whole fiasco! After 6 pages of this thread, there is no way I would part with it, not that I was considering it. This situation is truly baffling. I hope the circumstance is not connected with a meth lab!
ProfessorMack
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of ProfessorMack
Since the Austin wallets are a thing of the past ... If I knew the type of ceramic ignitor and which battery type was used I can help us all re-create this until Peter resurfaces. Just a thought. Have a good night.
Life should always be MKagical or Melodramatic.
www.HeroAndVIllain.com
Maynard
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Maynard
Been away a few days, just checked my credit card balance
and my money has also been refunded.
bkmagic
View Profile
New user
Torrance Ca 90501
13 Posts

Profile of bkmagic
ProfessorMack
Sure I would love to know the same thing about his Ceramic Igniter. Just until Peter returns to making the wallets. Of course I’m, not trying to steal his idea, but I would love to get one, to look at. Does anyone have a wallet (Austin) I can see in the Los Angeles area.
Just a thought.
Bkmagic
Do you believe in Magic?
MagicByBruce
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of MagicByBruce
Peter is still selling on The Castle auction site:

http://www.magiccastleauctions.com/auction_search.php

They have not responded to any of my queries(I'm not a member)I have tried to email them at:

auctions@magiccastle.com

Did any of us purchase through them? It is where I first saw the wallets offered, but I ordered directly through him. Perhaps he is filling these orders (and ebay) first. I am continually amazed that his criminal enterprise goes on. I guess magic is supposed to be amazing.
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
I have Peter Austins Duality of Fire wallet, number eight in the series. I have tried it once and it works beautifully. It is a prop I am not going to use so if anyone would like to buy it I would be willing to sell for cost price, $199, plus postage from the UK.
This is in the original tin, with DVD, spare wicks, fuel bottle, batteries and original wrapping. It looks brand new.
Please PM me if you would like it.
bkmagic
View Profile
New user
Torrance Ca 90501
13 Posts

Profile of bkmagic
If anyone wants to sell there Peter Austin Fire wallet Please contact me via Private Message. I would love to have one.
Bill
Do you believe in Magic?
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly

They have not responded to any of my queries(I'm not a member)I have tried to email them at:

auctions@magiccastle.com

Did any of us purchase through them? It is where I first saw the wallets offered, but I ordered directly through him. Perhaps he is filling these orders (and ebay) first. I am continually amazed that his criminal enterprise goes on. I guess magic is supposed to be amazing.
[/quote]

His ebay store is still going. However he hasn't had any seller feedback since 22/04/10?
His buyer feedback stopped on 3/08/10?
He seems to have disappeared over the last couple of months.
I also thought that with the number of complaints to Paypal that they would have put a stop on his ebay paypal transactions?
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
The previous post should read like this.

Quote:
On 2010-11-16 11:39, MagicByBruce wrote:

auctions@magiccastle.com
His ebay store is still going. However he hasn't had any seller feedback since 22/04/10?
I also thought that with the number of complaints to Paypal that they would have put a stop on his ebay paypal transactions?

jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
Quote:
On 2010-11-16 14:22, jugglestruck wrote:
I have Peter Austins Duality of Fire wallet, number eight in the series. I have tried it once and it works beautifully. It is a prop I am not going to use so if anyone would like to buy it I would be willing to sell for cost price, $199, plus postage from the UK.
This is in the original tin, with DVD, spare wicks, fuel bottle, batteries and original wrapping. It looks brand new.
Please PM me if you would like it.

This has now been sold, thank you all for your interest.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4135 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I have been lucky enough to get my hands on the wallet from Jugglestruck , so cant wait to play around with it over the weekend. Will keep you posted as to whether all the fuss about these wallets was justified regards Gary
flekka
View Profile
Regular user
wirral, england,
186 Posts

Profile of flekka
Nanaswan ...... I think you are going to love it..

john
what you achieve in life echo's for eternety
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4135 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Great looking forward to it thanks John
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4135 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Hi all had a chance to play with this wallet , and I must say it is awesome in every aspect. Its such a shame that Peter has gone awol as it is perfect in every way. The attention to detail is exquisite and the workings are immaculate. I just hope someone picks up the mantle and continues to produce these as it is a remarkable piece of kit.Hope some of you get lucky too and somehow manage to pick one up , regards Gary
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
That's great to hear Nanaswan.
I would still like to know what has happened to Peter????
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of rklew64
Hey Nanaswan,
Always be mindful of the ceramic ignitor now that any warranty/replacement is extinct.
I love my wallet too. Almost feel guilty when using it knowing the handful of folks who got semi-taken.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2653 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Came across this thread while researching the Jardonnet wallet.
This might be a stretch, but has anyone tried contacting Steve Brooks to see which email address this Magicmaker guy used when he registered for the site? Even a simple "yes, it's affiliated with Peter's site" would work, without having to reveal the actual email address.
Just a thought! I found from the very beginning (before reading through this whole thread) that the guy's posts were a little too enthusiastic about this.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
MagicByBruce
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of MagicByBruce
I don't see our criminal genius on Ebay anymore. He still owes money back to my friend and will not answer any emails.
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1073 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
I almost ordered this "perfect" wallet too. Thanks to everyone who shared their misfortune with this MagicMaker named Peter Austin. I've been taken in by scammers once and unfortunately so has my brothers & parents. In high school, I lost $400 to a sweepstakes scam. My family, unfortunately, has been taken for hundreds of thousands. Scammers are good. They get you excited about something that's too good to be true, gain your trust, string you along to maintain trust when you start to have suspicions, then you when you finally get that sick feeling that you've been taken, they're no where to be found.

I haf my doubt bout the credibility of this MagicMaker. The red flags were present from the very first post and subsequent posts had even bigger red flags of this MagicMaker guy. First of all this guy is a new MagicCafe member. I take new users posts with a grain of salt. Unfortunately other peoplehave been scammed here on the Café from New Users. Secondly this guy, who claims to only be a customer (yea right), is writing and apologizing and resolving communication issues (initially) on behalf of so called Peter Austin. Since when has any customer been a spokesperson, customer service liaison, and communication director for someone else's business?

I hope everyone gets their money back.
ProfessorMack
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of ProfessorMack
It does seem strange that Austin would even bother for $125 or even $300 to do what it is surmised that he has done. Real wallets were produced it seems .... Obviously by someone trying to produce a superior fire wallet and related fire paraphernalia ... His website had hidden pictures of his home and perhaps son on the site. It does look abandoned for some reason or another ... Perhaps a heart attach ... Perhaps a family tragedy ... Perhaps he got overwhelmed with life and split ... Who knows. I think someone else on this post said that it seems like a lot of work for such a small return if it were a scam. I have been scammed before and lost money ... Horrible ... Disheartening ... Painful for months. I got a refund from eBay for the wallet I ordered ... Just getting in under the time wire. Hopefully someone out there knows the truth of what happened to Austin ... dead, sick or crook ... At this point it would just be nice to have some closure and the opportunity to send condolences, best wishes for a recovery or warnings to would-be scammers. Magicians make things disappear not usually themselves. It just still seems strange.
Life should always be MKagical or Melodramatic.
www.HeroAndVIllain.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Peter Austin's New "21 Century Fire Wallet" Line (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL