The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Peter Austin's New "21 Century Fire Wallet" Line (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9~10~11 [Next]
TheMagicMaker
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of TheMagicMaker
Hey Everybody!

I've been informed that Peter will soon be adding 2 new wallets to his 21st Century Fire Wallets Line: BCI MINI and SCTW EXPLOSION. I've already seen the BCI MINI and I must say it is really sweet. Now you can have Peter's Business Card on Fire effect in a small, compact, beautifully made BUSINESS CARD TYPE Wallet and I'm told it comes in two different versions.

SCTW EXPLOSION I'm told will combine a totally new innovative design which will allow the magician to effortlessly load the signed card in 2 seconds! Here is the best part, now, the magician can have the signed card BURST INTO FLAMES as he is revealing it to the spectator to show it is their card. From what I understand, this can be done with both playing cards as well as business cards.

You can get a lot more info about these new items by checking out Peter's website.

Respectfully,
TheMagicMaker
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Because my BCI was delayed Peter, gentleman that he is, has offered me one of the first BCI minis instead, which I gladly accepted.

I'll post review and pictures when I get mine!
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
samdan
View Profile
Special user
512 Posts

Profile of samdan
Is this something easy enough for your everyday hobbyist to use to have fun at restaurants, shopping, friends house, etc? Would you all recommend it for such type use? Thanks.
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Well, my plan is to carry this with my business cards in it for an added little bit of Drama handing them out. Its my first fire wallet. I'll let you know how long I think it takes me to be comfortable carrying and using it. (I am a bug about fire safety. All my flammable magic props are stored when not in us in a locking fire-safe box.)
auriuspd
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of auriuspd
I recently purchased a Trilogy of Fire wallet via ebay from Peter Austin. Fortunately, I got it just before the price increased by $50. There is a slight delay in its arrival. Mr. Austin did email me about the delay and will include extra batteries when the item ships. Quality takes time and I don't want him rushing through the crafting of my wallet. I will try to post a review when it arrives. I like the idea of turning the fire wallet into a magic trick wallet. The possibilities are endless. Besides a card to wallet capability, it could be cool to have a peek available to increase the mentalism possibilities.
David
auriuspd
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of auriuspd
I read the recent article in Magic Magazine about the use of flammables in magic. Are there any legal implications with the use of a fire wallet in a restaurant or store?
TheMagicMaker
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of TheMagicMaker
Dear Samdan,

To answer your question, if you mean ease of use, then yes, Peter's wallets (or any fire wallet for that matter) are very simple and easy to use and require no real skill at all. Fire Wallets for the most part are used by many people, not only magicians. Its used as a great attention getter and a way to start conversations and make yourself "stand out." My father, who NEVER leaves the house without his fire wallet, uses it at least 10 times a day in different places like restaurants, stores, and people's home. He is very well known in his local area as the "magic guy" mainly because of this.

The important thing to remember is even though this is a "cool" effect, it does use FIRE. Fire needs to be handled with respect, responsibility and care, and as long as you do that, it is very safe and fun. For me, its been a FANTASTIC way to get business and I have probably gotten over 100 gigs just because of my fire wallet so you know I love it! It has paid for itself 100 times over!

Respectfully,
TheMagicMaker
TheMagicMaker
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of TheMagicMaker
Quote:
On 2010-08-08 11:04, auriuspd wrote:
I read the recent article in Magic Magazine about the use of flammables in magic. Are there any legal implications with the use of a fire wallet in a restaurant or store?

auriuspd,

I am not a lawyer so I can't really tell you what the laws are regarding using fire wallets in restaurants or stores. I can only assume that technically it is not something that is permitted legally. I'm sure if you were to go to the store or restaurant manager and say "excuse me, is it ok for me to catch my wallet on fire?" he/she would probably say, not to do it. This is one of those gray areas it would seem. I have used my fire wallet in literally hundreds of stores and restaurants and NEVER had anyone say anything to me or report me to the authorities. Remember, you are catching your wallet on fire for 3 or 4 seconds max and then its over. Its not like you're doing a fire eating routine and spitting fire at the patrons lol. A good analogy would be taking a cigarette lighter out of your pocket and lighting it for a few seconds. Is it legal? Probably not, but are you going to get in trouble for it? Probably not...

If you are a responsible person who respects fire and takes all precautions to be safe then you should never have a problem. I have used my fire wallet literally hundreds of times in stores and restaurants without ONE issue. On the other hand, if you are one of those people who are scatterbrained and think this is a toy with no possible danger, you'd probably be better off not having a fire wallet. The last thing you want is to burn something or someone (or yourself for that matter) because then you will most certainly be hearing from someone's lawyer.

Respectfully,
TheMagicMaker
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Although my hobby is magic (well one of my multiple hobbies), my job that pays the bill is that I am a Chief Technical Officer for online game companies. Being somewhat known in my field, I also do a lot of speaking engagements. Between business meetings and speaking, I hand out a LOT business cards.

My intent is to carry my BCI Mini for those occasions to make them a bit more memorable. We'll see once I have and learned mine how that works out.
Magicmike221
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
608 Posts

Profile of Magicmike221
Ordered fusion of fire 3 weeks ago Im really excited about receiving this. Spoke to Peter via email hopefully It should be arriving next week.
RogueMD
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of RogueMD
Does anyone know if Peter is out of town. I have not received a response to an email I sent several days ago. From what it appears on the board here, he is normally a good communicator.
Just curious.

Michael
TheMagicMaker
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of TheMagicMaker
MagicMike221, did you ever get your wallet from Peter?

RogueMD Did you email him on peter@peteraustinmagic.net?
RogueMD
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of RogueMD
Quote:

RogueMD Did you email him on peter@peteraustinmagic.net?

It was a email link at the website... so yes, I "think" that was it. It was a pretty straightforward couple of questions... <shrug>
TheMagicMaker
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of TheMagicMaker
Rogue MD,

I wrote Peter on your behalf and he responded within only a few hours. He said he double checked his email box and has no unanswered email. He did a test on his website to make sure his forms are working and he said they tested well. He would like for you to email him directly at his email (peter@peteraustinmagic.net) and he is more than happy to answer you. As most of Peter's customers (myself included) can attest, Peter not only always responds but is quite elaborate in his responses. As much as we like to think our technology is foolproof, servers go down, and email can get lost. Give it another try directly to his email address.

Respectfully,
TheMagicMaker
RogueMD
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of RogueMD
Thank you for your effort MagicMaker! I certainly appreciate you going through the trouble of emailing Peter on my behalf.
I will try the direct email you have provided... I understand technology "glitches" all to well.

Thanks again!
Michael
taoist
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of taoist
Quote:
On 2010-05-02 00:43, wmhegbli wrote:
There are mail order laws in the United States, if a product does not ship within 3 weeks the purchaser must be notified and give a choice of cancelling the order and receiving a full refund or continuing to wait for the product within a reasonable time given for delivery.

That's true. One in violation of this would be somewhat of an Outlaw.
If this wallet had a peek function like the Kaps on Fire wallet, that'd be awesome.
Leo-Kim
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of Leo-Kim
The Kaps on fire (Jardonnet) wallet does not have a peek funktion, rather it has a load function, or am I missing something? (I have two)

Mikael Johansson
Sweden
If it's worth doing, it's worth doing well
taoist
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of taoist
My Jardonnet Kaps on Fire wallet has a peek function.
Here's a link:
http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/kaps-on-fi......165.html
Leo-Kim
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of Leo-Kim
Well what do you know! I don't have that function. I have two kaps on fire wallets and I think the oldest one is an original whilst the newer one most probably is a ripoff.

If I am correct, then mr Jardonnet must have implemented the peek function at a later stage. If it was there all along then my first wallet was also a ripoff!

Maybe mr Jardonnet could shed some light, I know he posts here from time to time?

Mikael Johansson
Sweden
If it's worth doing, it's worth doing well
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
The first ones didn't have the peek function. Mine didn't and I'm pretty sure that I got an original. It has lasted many years of frequent use, although it is at the end of its days now.
I have noticed that cheap imitations have flooded the market.
I have ordered one of Peter Austins now. This combines the wallet and the flaming business card.

Chappelly
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Peter Austin's New "21 Century Fire Wallet" Line (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL