The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Peter Austin's New "21 Century Fire Wallet" Line (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9~10~11 [Next]
auriuspd
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of auriuspd
I purchased a Trilogy of Fire wallet via Ebay directly from Peter Austin himself right before the price increase on July 25, 2010 . He emailed me a week later stating that he was a little backed up but should be shipping the wallet in about a week. He was going to include extra batteries to make up for the delay. It is now Oct 10, and still no wallet has arrived. I have sent MANY emails to Peter Austin via his website and as a reply to his email to me but so far no answers or even the courtesy of a returned response. If someone knows Peter's phone number I would appreciate it since the email route isn't successful at getting ahold of him. I will assume the best that something has happened to him and he is unable to make anymore products temporarily but my patience is wearing thin. I want to caution anybody thinking of ordering one of his products that I haven't received mine from July 25 so beware.
auriuspd
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of auriuspd
I was reluctant to post the above experience with Peter Austin but if a product doesn't arrive and the maker/seller won't respond to many emails and there is no contact phone number on his website, then there is no other alternative to try to reach him and warn others of my experience.
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Peter has been good about corresponding with me, but he does seem very backed up right now.

I hope he's okay.
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
auriuspd
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of auriuspd
Backed up is one thing if he communicated the delay but not responding to many email is another thing.
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Well, if he's really backed up then the email itself could be over-whelming.

Not saying that such would be a good situation, but if we all start clamoring for a personal response it could just make matters worse.

As I say, I just hope nothing has happened to the man. It would be good to have a post here as to what his current status is.
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Cyberqat, do you have a wallet on order?

Peter comes across as a really nice guy.

However his communication is terrible.

If you are running a business you need to be able to respond to your customers.

His communication has been intermittent with me.

I ordered and paid for a wallet on 19/07/10

I still haven't got it.

I needed to discuss this with Peter, but he doesn't respond to his emails.

Maybe The MagicMaker, his Café friend, could assist here.

Chappelly
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4135 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I too have ordered a wallet last week , but have had no confirmation on my order after emails etc have been sent . If I do not hear something soon I will cancel order and take up a dispute with pay pal . I have also pm ed The Magic Maker with no response there either ! I hope we get some clarity soon.
Maynard
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Maynard
Bugger, just ordered one myself, hoping the wait isn't too long.
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Quote:
On 2010-10-15 02:05, Maynard wrote:
Bugger, just ordered one myself, hoping the wait isn't too long.

Don't hold your breath waiting:-)
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Quote:
On 2010-10-14 13:45, nanaswan wrote:
I too have ordered a wallet last week , but have had no confirmation on my order after emails etc have been sent . If I do not hear something soon I will cancel order and take up a dispute with pay pal . I have also pm ed The Magic Maker with no response there either ! I hope we get some clarity soon.

Have you heard back from Peter or Magic Maker?
I still haven't.
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of rklew64
Very interesting, I hope resolution comes soon!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4135 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Nope not a word from either although on Peters website it does say something about he is catching up on back orders , but do not know when that was put up on site. Several more emails to Peter with no response , thinking of contacting papal by the end of the week. These wallets are not cheap so will chase my monies back. Regards Gary
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Quote:
On 2010-10-14 05:05, chappelly wrote:
Cyberqat, do you have a wallet on order?

Peter comes across as a really nice guy.

However his communication is terrible.

If you are running a business you need to be able to respond to your customers.

His communication has been intermittent with me.

I ordered and paid for a wallet on 19/07/10

I still haven't got it.

I needed to discuss this with Peter, but he doesn't respond to his emails.

Maybe The MagicMaker, his Café friend, could assist here.

Chappelly

Yeah I have one on order. The new BCI Mini actually.

Im a bit concerned abt Peter because he *was* pretty good at answering my emails (I tried not to bug him too much0 but lately he seems to have dropped off the edge of the earth. If he's got a problem he should probably get someone to turn off his order page until its resolved.

I'd hate to think he is either ill or so over-whelmed he doesn't know what to do. A general message on his website might be a good thing for him to do at this point. It would be a shame for the community if he just disappeared because, from what I've read here, I gather he was making some of the best fire wallets in the business.
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
I hope that he is okay too.

It is concerning that he doesn't respond to his emails.

3 months ago he seemed pretty stressed and told me that he wasn't doing wallets anymore as they took too much time.

On a personal note, I want to find out what has happened to my wallet as I invested a couple of hundred bucks into it.

I hope all is well.

Chappelly
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
I understand. These days, I can afford to sit on a $100.00 purchase and not worry about it much, but I'm relatively lucky-- especially in this current economy.

If it was 10 years ago I'd be a lot more concerned. Back then spending that kind of money was a major decision.
MagicByBruce
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of MagicByBruce
I just registered with Magic Café so that I can weigh in on my Peter Austin fire wallet line. I am in the same boat as auriuspd. A friend and I ordered our wallets 9-29-10. However, I was told that my order was finished and ready to ship(9-14-10). I too have sent a dozen emails to any known links since then. But nothing. I'm really worried that something has happened to him. Could the "Magic Maker" reach him or post anything for him? It sounds like there are at least a half dozen of us that are in this limbo.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4135 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Does anyone know how long you have to register a complaint with pay pal as really concerned for the monies that I have layed out regards Gary
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Bruce,

You may want to check your calendar as you noted that your order was ready to ship two weeks before your order. I am assuming that you noted the wrong dates. I was very interested in placing an order and have backed off given the comments from Café members.

Dan.
MagicByBruce
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of MagicByBruce
Yes I meant 7-29-10. So it has been 2 1/2 mos.
magic1178
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of magic1178
I to purchased a Fire wallet from Mr Austin on Sept10th,my credit card was charged,and I have sent numerous emails as well. Very concerned....
Derek Johnston
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Peter Austin's New "21 Century Fire Wallet" Line (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL