The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Peter Austin's New "21 Century Fire Wallet" Line (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
MagicByBruce
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of MagicByBruce
Quote:
On 2010-10-22 04:58, Maynard wrote:
I've avoided sending any emails till now, not that I've waited that long.
I've only asked that he respond to my message and to let us all know that orders
are being processed.

I'll give it a few days and let you all know if there is any response.

Maynard

Wondering how long ago you ordered? Within the black out period?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4393 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On 2010-10-21 12:44, Cyberqat wrote:
Pay pal dispute info is here:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cm......-outside

"I've also wrote to Magic Maker directly and said to him that if in fact you and Peter are not one in the same then to stand down and stop evangelizing the wallet and Peter's customer service."

Well if he took that to heart it could explain his absence, right?
Thank you Cyberqat for the info regards Gary
Maynard
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Maynard
Bruce, only 3-4 weeks ago.
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
*shrug* I just really don't see the need to turn this into a big drama and guessing game.

The man contacted me of his own accord about a month ago to apologize for the delays. I just don't see that as something a scam artist does... you'd rather not remind anyone who was inclined to forget about the order.

In any case, as others have said, if you think you were scammed, contact your payment provider to get charges reversed.
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
For what it's worth, I have The Duality of Fire wallet and it is a work of art. If you can hang on, the end product is worth the wait.
Maynard
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Maynard
Hi Cyberqat, Peter Austin is the one who is making this a drama.

If he were to take 5 minutes out of his busy day he could end all this speculation and put everyone at ease. It's pretty simple really.

I would not like to go down the paypal dispute route, as I'm sure it will do harm to his dealings with them. But if he makes no form of contact soon, it leaves me/us no alternative.
RogueMD
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of RogueMD
Wow... I guess I'm glad he didn't respond to my previous email... it kept me from ordering from him.
Otherwise I would be in the same boat some of you are in.
Sorry to all concerned.
I really do hope nothing is actually wrong with Peter Austin....

Michael
MagicByBruce
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of MagicByBruce
Maynard
Quote:
On 2010-10-22 14:21, Maynard wrote:
Bruce, only 3-4 weeks ago.

I got my last email on 9-14-10. Peter said that our wallets were ready and going to be shipped on the 16th. Thanked me for my patience and said he was going to include some extra goodies. I've sent a lot of emails since then asking what happened...but nothing. So I think I'm entitled to a little extra drama. If our wallets arrive tomorrow, I will post to this thread before I open the box. Promise.
magic1178
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of magic1178
Cricket cricket...
Derek Johnston
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
I got my last email on 23/09/10 and Peter said that the wallet had already been sent.

I paid for it on 19/07/10

He has been uncontactable since then and over 4 weeks later the wallet hasn't arrived.

Given that there is about 10 people that I know of here who have complained about Peter's service, I think a little drama is justified.

Also his multipersonality approach to sales is odd.

Peter never indicated that this wallet would take over 3 months to get to me.

If so I wouldn't have bought it.

I' ve got better things to do with the couple of hundred bucks I spent on this.

Chappelly
auriuspd
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of auriuspd
The paypal dispute period is only 45 days. After that initial 45 days, they don't intervene. Peter is still selling his wallets directly on ebay which is where I bought mine from him on 7/25/2010 and an email from him on 8/05/10 said it would be shipped in one week with extra batteries. Since then, no responses and it's past the 45 day dispute period/
MagicByBruce
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of MagicByBruce
Auriuspd,
Do you have any recourse through ebay? I was really surprised that his ebay rating is 100%. Maybe the statute of limitation runs out on people before they can give negative marks.

His profile shows that he is shipping from Lady Lake, FL 32159. I went back and looked at my PayPal transaction and found that my money was sent a Wendy Then. I then found a Wendy A Then in Lady Lake. The first time I called I got a "Mail Box Full" message. The next time I called, the woman that answered said "she was not Wendy" and abruptly hung up. So I did a reverse look up on the address and it still came up her. So I called back. A very angry man with an accent(African I think) accused me of calling yesterday(I hadn't), went off on me for a while and hung up. Perhaps she is Wendy, perhaps I'm not the first person to take this route, and she is sick of it. If she is also a victim, then I think she could have spent 5 more seconds on the phone saying so.

As a member of ebay, I am able to send him a message in the "ask the seller a question" link. Maybe this portal is either open or worth answering to him.

Again, if Peter has been abducted by pirates, my apologies. If my wallet arrives, I will post to this thread before I even open the box. That' a promise. And I keep em'.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4393 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thanks MagicByBruce for trying to contact Wendy Then , I think she probably is involved but what can we do ? I really am frustrated as really want the wallet and don't want to go down the pay pal dispute route but don't see we have much option. What are you going to do ? Regards Gary
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
The mystery continues.

Wendy Then?? Angry African male voice???

It will be interesting to see if anyone has a successful paypal claim.

If he doesn't respond to his emails it is unlikely that he will respond to an ebay enquiry.

Good investigation Magic by Bruce. I'm in the same boat. If my wallet arrives, which at this stage I don't think it will, I'll be on here straight away telling everyone.

BTW, I can't go through ebay as I bought it straight from him via email.

Also I'm outside the period for a paypal claim.

Chappelly
MagicByBruce
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of MagicByBruce
Gary, I am walking the tightrope. On one hand, I would really like to get the wallet. Looks pretty dang cool. I really like the biz card coming out lit while they watch. So, I don't want to tick him off and have him go all wallet Nazi on me. "No wallet for you"!! (I probably crossed that line this weekend) If I have crossed it... then maybe the community will benefit.

On the other hand. Here are the reasons I would/will cut bait.
1) He told me and others that their wallets were done and shipped. If this had only been me and my friend..........but to others elsewhere? HUGE RED FLAG! (HRF)
2) If there was any kind of communication. HRF
3) That he has taken new orders since my personal black out period began(40 days). HRF
4) I'm pretty sure that he is MagicMaker and other sobriquet, leaving 2,500 word testimonials in all the various forums. HRF
5) That he is offering them on ebay currently. Buy it now. 10 available. HRF
6) His other items on ebay are grossly over priced. A $795 Square Circle. A $299 Pizza Oven Surprise knock-off. Pleeeeeeease.
7) This is not a Peter issue, but mine. I was at my restaurant gig, when a waitress asked me if "that was mine?" She was pointing at the floor behind me. It was my current flaming wallet, my Extreme Burn 2.0 and Powerball 60. Big sinking feeling! (Thanks for listening)

I don't think that I answered your question: "What am I going to do?" Google can't cough up his #. I have the feeling that PayPal and ebay avenues have gone cold for me. Maybe a reader who is still in the "grace period" could ask him the hard questions before it's to late for them too.

This forum is cathartic. I'm checking it before Facebook. I would buy the "Café" if I had a billion dollars. Like.

I always end these tirades with some phony cushioning words. Here are tonights: Perhaps Peter is the "Vermeer" of flaming wallets and he is so busy making mine 30% smaller and thinner that he can't answer emails or get to the post office.
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Excellent synopsis.

1-6 very valid.

7 sorry to hear about that.It happens.

Phony cushioning words....."maybe he is on holidays"
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4951 Posts

Profile of videoman
Gosh, I just love a good mystery. Guess that's why I enjoy magic so much.
I saw Magicmakers original post and became interested in ordering one of the wallets a couple months back or so. Then life events superceded and I got sidetracked and finally checked back on it now, and there is all this mystery about whether magicmaker is really Peter Austin and everything. Have to admit though that I love it. Good sleuthing to many of you too. Glad I didn't order a wallet, but I do hope the mystery has a final scene and gets solved eventually though.
Magicmaker's disappearance during all of this does seem telling.

Bill
Maynard
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Maynard
Well I've waited 3 or 4 days since I sent him an email, so with no reply I'll dive in and start up a paypal dispute.

I'll keep you all posted.
Maynard
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Maynard
Done, I'll keep you posted
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Quote:
On 2010-10-25 02:02, Maynard wrote:
Done, I'll keep you posted

I hope you have luck with this.

I had a look at Peter's ebay store. It is still going strong with many items up for sale.

However he has not received any feedback for a sold item since 22/04/10?

Up until this point he had consistent 100% positive feedback since 07/08/07.

?????

Chappelly
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Peter Austin's New "21 Century Fire Wallet" Line (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL