We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Why use a TT??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I have to admit. I just got an education. I purchased Rich Ferguson's "Serial Biller", and brothas, I have seen the light.

No seriously, I had no idea there were so many excellent, clean methods of switching a bill sans TT. And they look good! (At least in Rich's hands.)

I mean, he really uses the DVD to do a treatise on that TT-less switch. This is excellent. It was quite intriguing. I got more than my money's worth.

Along with what I learned on Michael Ammar's bill to anything lecture, I can only say, men, I think I'm all set.

Now the only thing is, I am beginning to think I wasted my time learning the thumb tip switch.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but why use the T.T. when you can do it just as cleanly dispensing with it?

Maybe my head is messed up, but this has really hit me hard.

Straighten me out here, guys.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6584 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Jon Lovick, for one, would agree with you.

The most killer bill switch I've ever seen (and I've seen a lot of 'em) I witnessed earlier tonight at The Mystique in Boise, by a feller named Joe Skilton. Pure magic.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Can you describe the switch?
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Jarle Leirpoll's billswitch is awesome as well. Been using his for many years.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Ouch! Pain! I spent all that money on the effect download, and went to my bank today to find several one dollar bills in s***es. like he specifies, and they looked at me like I was from mars.

They said they don't hardly ever get ones in like that.

So I jumped in my car and wasted gas chasing around town checking other banks, and the same thing . I struck out.

I don't know what to think, except that maybe Rich was very lucky. He made it seem so easy. Like you just walk in the bank and ask for them and they whip them out no problem.

I'm really disappointed.

There are a couple other banks in town that I will hit up later, but so far, this has been very discouraging
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
Right, they used to be easy obtain years ago.
You could try the U.S. Treasury direct if all else fails.
I located a set of Two's on eBay but they were pricey.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I think that may be the website I visited. Was it the one where the price of the ones is several times the value?
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On 2010-04-16 17:18, daffydoug wrote:
Ouch! Pain! I spent all that money on the effect download, and went to my bank today to find several one dollar bills in s***es. like he specifies, and they looked at me like I was from mars.

They said they don't hardly ever get ones in like that.

So I jumped in my car and wasted gas chasing around town checking other banks, and the same thing . I struck out.

I don't know what to think, except that maybe Rich was very lucky. He made it seem so easy. Like you just walk in the bank and ask for them and they whip them out no problem.

I'm really disappointed.

There are a couple other banks in town that I will hit up later, but so far, this has been very discouraging

They are more easily attained at Christmas time.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I was kind of thinking that in the back of my head. But that's a looooong way off for me to start practicing this effect! Smile
Calvin826
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Well, I'm just a 'friends and family' performer, so I don't think my opinions are as valid as M. Ammar or John Lovick, but...

I don't understand why you wouldn't use a thumbtip. I do two switches(and I do them very well- not because I'm super talented, but because I practiced both obsessively for over a year so far).

No matter how clean the performance I would think that most people's first thought would be the correct one- that you simply switched one bill for another. But if you can briefly, casually(I'm NOT talking about an in-your-face, all ten fingers wiggling at once type move)show that the hands are undeniably empty immediately after the change, then there's no where for them to go.

For that reason I think the TT switch is always the best choice. What's the downside? Why does everyone seem to think that the TT switch is somehow a lesser method?
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On 2010-04-17 12:36, gradeachuck wrote:
Well, I'm just a 'friends and family' performer, so I don't think my opinions are as valid as M. Ammar or John Lovick, but...

I don't understand why you wouldn't use a thumbtip. I do two switches(and I do them very well- not because I'm super talented, but because I practiced both obsessively for over a year so far).

No matter how clean the performance I would think that most people's first thought would be the correct one- that you simply switched one bill for another. But if you can briefly, casually(I'm NOT talking about an in-your-face, all ten fingers wiggling at once type move)show that the hands are undeniably empty immediately after the change, then there's no where for them to go.

For that reason I think the TT switch is always the best choice. What's the downside? Why does everyone seem to think that the TT switch is somehow a lesser method?

There's always a personal preference. The downside, I don't always carry a TT with me, but always have the other props. Tipless is less movey and appears a little cleaner imo. Been doing this about 25 years both ways and glad I got away from the TT.

Best
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
603 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Here's a video of the TT-less switch I have been doing for over twenty years...

Archer Switch
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Quote:
On 2010-04-22 09:35, Danny Archer wrote:
Here's a video of the TT-less switch I have been doing for over twenty years...

Archer Switch

Hi Danny
Did you work at Philadelphia Magic years ago. I bought this effect there over 20 years ago and I think you showed it to me . After I saw you do this, I never saw a need to use a TT.
thanks
Ralph
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
603 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
It's me Ralph... howyadoin?
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Danny, that video sold me. When my tax return comes in, I'm purchasing that switch!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Koslowski, in his book on the switch using a TT also describes doing it without a TT. Jay Marshall was a master of it.

Archer... looks great. Thanks for posting your video.

If you ever saw Johnny Paul do his bill routine you would never ever do what I call the "challenge" TT Switch. It, IMHO sucks. You are daring someone to catch you.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
What is the challenge switch? Self explanatory, or is there more to it?
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Quote:
On 2010-04-22 16:13, Danny Archer wrote:
It's me Ralph... howyadoin?

Hi
I'm doing fine. I also use your line, "is this the bill you gave me?" I can't count the times that the spectator insist that I keep the bill, after I try to return it. I've had great success with your handling and see no reason to use a TT.
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
Flyswatter
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Flyswatter
Where can I get Danny's archer switch?
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Quote:
On 2010-04-25 23:38, Flyswatter wrote:
Where can I get Danny's archer switch?

Hi Flyswatter
I'm pretty sure Danny has a site were you can purchase his handling. Best money I ever spent on an effect.
Here it is I just found his site, http://www.dannyarcher.com/Pages/Tricks.htm.
hth
Ralph
James D. Miles
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Why use a TT??? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.93 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL