The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Higley Props (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
I want to say how impressed I am with the props from Doug Higley.

I purchased several items - 3noevil, demented eye, and the stinky pinky.

All three are top quality props. The attention to detail given to making these items look so amazing is something you rarely see these days. Doug really delivers a GREAT looking and GREAT quality prop.

The eye and pinky are eye openers for lay folk. They work well and the PK aspect is pretty strong and reacts a good distance. Given the proper patter and setting, these two items can leave lay folk squirming!

3noevil is a great twist of a classic. It has reason. It has character. It takes what was a trick and turns it into something of strong magic. Doug truly made this his own when he put this out. I carry this one in my bag as one of my main conversation pieces.

So folks, if you want something that has reason, character, and depth... go get a higley at http://grindshow.com/

Doug didn't put me up to this - its totally free praise from a very happy customer and sideshow admirer (and soon to be a Single O talker)
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
Tony Chris
View Profile
V.I.P.
Vancouver, Canada
714 Posts

Profile of Tony Chris
I agree totally. I own several of Doug's creations and I can attest to the the fact that as a bizarrist, if you want to take your magick to a lovely, strange place for your audience, introducing one of his shrunken heads or mysterious creatures will definitely give them an everlasting memory.

I get a ton of use from my "shrunken" head in several different effects. They look that darn tootin good!

There are magic creators who create tricks, those who create routines with standard effects, those who release ideas and story lines and finally there is Doug Higley, who has created a truly unique, magickal world of disturbing beauty and perfection.

For anyone who has ever thought about purchasing one of his amazing creations, please do yourself a favor for the sake of your bizarre performances and pick one up.

You will very pleased that you did!!!

Tony
As magicians we create what onlookers call magic. If they truly believe in what we have created for them to witness then magic is real!!!

- TONY CHRIS, A.K.A. Zany Zack

http://www.tonychris.com
StPaulMagician222
View Profile
Regular user
Saint Paul, MN (Cathedral Hill)
104 Posts

Profile of StPaulMagician222
I own "The Dark Museum" Ear, Toe and Monkey Paw.

The items are Creepy and Lovely at the same time.
The detail work is wonderful and the routine is very clearly written out but leaves
the window open for you to imprint your own personal style of working and approach to the way
you choose to use them.

He also seems to be a very nice man that answers your enquiries with a direct and no ******** approach.
I think it is money well spent on 'One of a Kind' items

k
"One can't believe in Impossible things" said Alice.
"I dare say" said the Queen, "Why when I was your age I believed more than 6 impossible things before breakfast.
-Thru the Looking Glass- L.E. Carol
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
My Higley props are among my most treasured items.
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
I, too, have come to praise the Higley props and zibits!
winewizard
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of winewizard
Caution: If you read these wonderful comments and decide to order something from Doug: proceed with caution---you certainly will become addicted to his offerings!!
I started with an inexpensive effect and now own nearly the entire Higley range.
They are great items and very good values. And, to top it off, Doug is a top notch dealer...
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
WineWizard - that's whats happening to me! I got infected with the stinky pinky and demented eye... on to the 3noevil... and now on to the bigger stuff!

I wish I had just half the sculpting talent Doug has. My only skill is that I make a mean looking playdoh man!!!
Mark Reed
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
I own an Atomic Fish, a Mer, 3-No Evil, a Hand of Glory, and a tiny pacaderm. I am thrilled with each and every one. Let us sing praise to the great Doug Higley!
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Lawd, you guys could embarass Liberace. geesh.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
bosque
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of bosque
Doug is an unrivalled master of what he does. My Higleys are also among my most cherished possisions. The Cupacabra that he made for me is like the Mona Lisa. Unbelievably good stuff. Worth every penny and then some. Higley is a national treasure.

Steve Bosque
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
At the moment, I only have the Ripper set. Incredible work and truly astonishing props that get great reactions before you have done anything with them!

There's plenty more I will be ordering from Doug in the future, his stuff is just so good.

Some people are prop-makers, Doug is an ARTIST!
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
I've got a couple of monkey's paws, 3 shrunken heads, No Evil, and now a disgustingly beautiful mer!

And the monkeys paw twitches nicely on the sm board too!

Higley is the man!
dsacks
View Profile
Special user
609 Posts

Profile of dsacks
I'm just waiting for my mer -- might even give the grind show a try Smile
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
Quote:
On 2010-04-21 16:10, dsacks wrote:
-- might even give the grind show a try Smile

You'll love it!
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Just ordered my Mer! life is going to be a tad bit more enjoyable soon!
Mark Reed
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
One of these was found in a tire in someone's backyard, the other was found inside my wife's tummy...

necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
921 Posts

Profile of necroloid
I would start putting some cash away for child's therapy now ;-)
lozey
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
381 Posts

Profile of lozey
Love the pics Chad! Smile

I own:

Museum Mysteria
Demented Eye
Three No Evil (leather envelope)
Dark Museum set
Shrunken Head (Guybrush Murrey Threepwood III)
Full Moon Rising (Just the werewolf paw for now)

All exceptional props that are guarenteed a wonderful reaction from spectators. The paw was exhibited at the Blackpool convention and the dealer told me he kept expecting it to jump out of the box Smile
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
Now all you need, Chad, is a two-headed Bouncer to place beside your lovely little one!
winewizard
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of winewizard
Chad:
Truly a handsome lad.
May he and his family live well and long!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Higley Props (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL