The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Predic-Torn by Max Krause (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

boltt223
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona, USA
175 Posts

Profile of boltt223
Hey everyone. I thought I would do a quick review of this new effect by Max Krause. It just came out this week and I decided to give it a try. First off, I have not performed it yet in front of a live audience as I just got it yesterday. I can tell you that as a children's performer I went with the Cartoon version. The other versions are Movie Posters and Art. After receiving the package, which came in one day, I found that the quality was excellent. It come with enough sheets to perform this 18 times. After that, you are also given a CD Rom with the files needed so you can print more. I got the gest of the trick quickly but had a small problem with memorization. A quick call to Max fixed that. Once he explained exactly what to do I had it down in no time. Even practiced with family members and got it each and every time. I think this will be a very fun trick to do for any audience and can't wait to perform it. Also Max's customer service is top rate!! You can find them here at this link: http://www.innovativedeceptions.com/id_predictorn.htm
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Koran Cartoons ... Smile

Nice idea, Max!
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
I should be creating magic with my
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Eddie,

Thank you so much for the honest review and the kind words. I hope you have a lot of fun with your custom version. I think the more you use it, the more you are going to love it.

LOTH,

My sentiments exactly! Smile I sat on this one for 15 years and finally figured out how to make it more commercial and added a few extra touches as well. I also have several more versions I will be releasing in the upcoming days.

Best regards,
Max
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2010-04-21 12:29, Max Krause wrote:
I sat on this one for 15 years ...
Best regards,
Max

Could use some preph then huh!

j

PS: I'm going to go and buy it ... the trick I mean. Smile
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Max and I have something in common--we were both mentored by the late, great Ray Grismer, a legendary underground magician who had a special genius for developing powerful magic and mentalism with incredibly simple methods. Max's Precic-torn is based on Ray's effect "handy" (Max gives full credit to Ray). I know Ray would have been pleased and proud of Max if he had seen this. That's the highest praise I can give.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2136 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Predic-torn is a fantastic effect that has been beautifully executed by Max Krause. The full-color instructions could not be more clear, concise and easy to follow, and the effect itself is devastating! Highly recommended.
boltt223
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona, USA
175 Posts

Profile of boltt223
Max,
My Custom version is going to work out great. Debuting this trick on Saturday and for me as always it will be done to music.
boltt223
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona, USA
175 Posts

Profile of boltt223
Okay guys...
I have now done Predic-Torn twice in performance...Once Saturday for an audience of children and again tonight for Ring members in Ring 356 in Arizona. Both times got a great reaction.

With the children as I was telling them the cartoons on the sheet, you could hear the kids saying, "I like that one" and or looking that their reaction as I named their favorite cartoon.

At the Ring meeting tonight, I really pushed my logo on them hard, as I had Max make me a custom version with my logo, and even they thought that was going to be the prediction.

This is definately a winner!! You don't know me from Adam but I highly recommend this trick.!!
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
How much practice does this require to get it right? With a limited amount of pre-made sheets, you cannot afford to use them up praticing. Looks interesting though.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
What is the size(dimensions) of the picture sheets?
boltt223
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona, USA
175 Posts

Profile of boltt223
Aligator, first off it does take some practice but easy to learn. I just made black and white copies on my own printer to practice with so I still had all of my full color sheets to use. The picture sheets are standard 8 1/2 X 11. Hope this helps...it's lots of fun to do and once again very easy once you know the method.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Yes, thanks. I had thought of making up practice sheets after I posted. Good idea. Do you think it is necessary to tear or would it work equally well if you cut with scissors?
boltt223
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona, USA
175 Posts

Profile of boltt223
I talked to Max about that same thing. I was using a tracing wheel (sewing tool) to perforate the sheets to make them easier to tear. After speaking with Max, I know just fold them and then tear tear them. It is a lot easier and seems less "set up" by just tearing the sheet.
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
I should be creating magic with my
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
John,

Yes, it was very uncomfortable there for a while. Smile

Scott,

Thank you so much for the kind words. I am very very thankful I had a chance to spend some time with Ray. He was a really amazing person.

Gabe,

Once again, thank you for all the wonderful feedback and encouragement.

Boltt,

Thank you for answering Aligators questions. I also added that information to the description on my site.

For the rest of you.

I just added a magicians version of Predic-Torn. This includes customization by adding your promo photo among some very prestigious company. Make sure you guys check it out!

Best regards,
Max
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Predic-Torn by Max Krause (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL