The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Decks that have a micro chip embedded in the cards (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic46
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Magic46
Does anyone know if there are any playing card decks available that have a tiny micro chip in each card? And if so,are they reliable and worth the month?
Damon Zale
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of Damon Zale
I have seen something like that, def not yet ready for magic use BUT possibilities for future seem very promising.

In fact since 2007 here is one link
http://www.rfidbuzz.com/news/2007/rfid_p......sen.html

Google rfid playing cards
MSD921
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of MSD921
I went as far as to have a few RFID cards made (By Neil Lester) a few years ago. I had an idea for a magic effect that would allow a spectator to select a card and place it on close up pad. The card could be covered with a silk, napkin or whatever. All of this while the magician had his back turned, or was even out of the room. The magician could then reveal the card anyway he wanted to. I had two or three effects outlined, a few RFID cards made and a close up pad designed.

I may dust off the idea after reading through this.

The cards could be handled by the spectator, which was the beauty of this effect.

Mike
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Interesting indeed. But not easy to tag and "read" 52 different cards. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
MSD921
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of MSD921
You have to install a chip in each one. I finally got it down to where the card felt, and looked, like a regular card.
ein_doppelganger
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of ein_doppelganger
Isn't technology like this going to have a detrimental effect on card magic? I mean it will be exposed... technically it already is in this thread. In a few years this kind of high tech explanation wont only seem plausible to explain effects but in many cases it will be correct.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On 2010-04-28 06:50, ein_doppelganger wrote:
Isn't technology like this going to have a detrimental effect on card magic? I mean it will be exposed... technically it already is in this thread. In a few years this kind of high tech explanation wont only seem plausible to explain effects but in many cases it will be correct.

perhaps it will diminish mentalism effects where you reveal a selected card, but it can't explain how their signed card got to your wallet, how it keeps coming to the top of the deck, how only their card was face down in the deck in a closed box, or where the heck that green $14 card came from.
:)

on the other hand, there are already methods widely known and/ or exposed that are still in use and highly effective -- marked cards, strippers, etc. Make it entertaining enough and no one will care anyway.
ein_doppelganger
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of ein_doppelganger
In the spectators mind though any and all effects will be explained by "technology." Just like stage magic is all "smoke and mirrors" soon card magic will all be RFID and LCD cards.
rottenmagic
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of rottenmagic
Rfid cards? Weird !!
glowball
View Profile
Special user
Nashville TN
846 Posts

Profile of glowball
Do you think chips are in play here?

To negate the possibility of trial and error she does the trick twice:
Rebecca Herrera:

https://youtu.be/gEYZh20ZFxw
markymarkmagicuk
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
302 Posts

Profile of markymarkmagicuk
Sadly, the Rebecca ACAAN routine is fake, and is achieved by "clever editing". Unfortunately, videos like this are too common on youtube and only lead to less-knowledgable viewers to assume it's real magic and can be performed in real life! This cannot!
However, its a great "april fool" type trick that gets us magicians talking about it!

For me, I don't care if its fake, as long as it has Rebecca in I'm happy! Beautiful lady.
Mind Circus
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
127 Posts

Profile of Mind Circus
Microchipped Zener cards keep interfering with the chip in my brain.
Hopefully the explanation for all future magic and mentalism doesn't all become digital.
I barely trust the reliability of magic apps.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Decks that have a micro chip embedded in the cards (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL