The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Holiday cancellation due to Icelandic Volcano? << UK (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Disappointed to find our holiday to Sharm El Sheikh has been cancelled today due to the volcanic eruption in Iceland. No flights out of the UK at the moment for the forseeable future.

Any other members effected out there?
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Mine wasn't a holiday, but my business travel was affected: here.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Not even by derigible?
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1477 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
My family and I are stuck in Anaheim until Monday 26th at the earliest.
"But there isn't a door"
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Looks like the ash cloud is hitting Canadian air space, affecting some flights within Canada and between Canada and the U.S.:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/nati......1538779/
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Saw on the headlines that the UK is now sending warships to help transport stuck travellers.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
The ash is affecting Finland a lot. Our neighbours' vacation was cancelled. I have a few friends stuck abroad, two in Dallas and two in Spain. All airports are closed, no air traffic whatsoever. 3 airports were open for a few hours yesterday, but they're closed again. Air Force F18 got some engine damage when flying, I think the ash melted inside the turbine.

With all the modern techonology, we're just powerless against nature. Personally I never would have thought something like this would happen and affect us here.
Sent from my Typewriter
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Holiday cancellation due to Icelandic Volcano? << UK (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL