We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » The Three Ball Trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1639 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
I got back on my, do every trick in Stars of Magic kick, some time ago. This version of the trick is a far cry from the elegant handling of John Scarne. I've colorized the trick, ala Milt Kort.

iTricks shot a video of my version of the trick at Magic*Con. I don't think it shows the effect off as well as it should. No fault of the videographer. I need to learn to work in front on a camera better.

This version is from my practice archives. I hope it shows the routine off better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jq0sIIb3q4

KG
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1301 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
Looks good Kent.
Have you worked on any other versions?
I like the Roth version and one of the ones in the Garcia Book.
I never really got good reactions to the Scarne version for some reason.

Keep on working man,
Mobius
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1639 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
Saw Roth do his version in a lecture, about a century ago. I got the balls and routine. I worked it up but never performed it.

I did the Scarne routine, stone cold out of SOM for years. It never got a good enough reaction. That, by the way, was certainly not Scarne's fault.

I worked up the Kort-based sleight, from L.I.N.T. I kept playing with the premise until I got to the point you see in the video.

KG

PS Thanks for the feedback.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Lookin good brutha!

I went into my spare/magic room over the weekend and saw my copy of SoM sitting out and since nobody else around here is into magic I'm guessing I was working on something from it.... Might have to take a look at Scarne's 3BT, revisit Vernon's and if I'm not mistaken, I seem to recall having Roths work in video format.

Might be fun to swap ideas on how we handle our balls when I see ya this summer KG!

MMc
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1639 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
Mike,

We can definitely discuss the Three-Ball effect at the gathering. You bring yours and I'll bring mine.

KG
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » The Three Ball Trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL