The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » Physical optical illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Leslie Melville
View Profile
Special user
Blackpool-U.K.
685 Posts

Profile of Leslie Melville
I am looking for an optical illusion that I recently saw. It is a 'flying saucer' shaped object (like two black shallow bowls, one inverted upon the other), about eight inches in diameter. There is an apparent recess in the top in which there appears to be either a three dimensional coin or sponge ball etc.

If you try to pick up the object displayed in the recess, you find there is nothing there!

Ken Brooke, many years ago had one on the counter of his studio. A two shilling piece was the object displayed.

Anyone know what it's called and where they can be obtained?

Leslie
Stories....?....That's telling!
stanalger
View Profile
Special user
St. Louis, MO
996 Posts

Profile of stanalger
http://www.amazon.com/Mirage-3-D-Instant......002W3J7M

Beware: You get what you pay for. There are cheaper knock-off versions out there, but the illusion isn't nearly as good.
Leslie Melville
View Profile
Special user
Blackpool-U.K.
685 Posts

Profile of Leslie Melville
Thank you very much - that's the one!

Leslie
Stories....?....That's telling!
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3097 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
The company that makes the Mirage makes a larger version called the Giant Mirage. I managed to get one and use it in Library science shows. I can put a real lemon in it and the resulting image looks perfect. I keep it set up in my living room and have a lot of fun showing it to visitors.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » Physical optical illusion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL