The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Books with mem deck effects (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Quote:
On 2010-04-19 18:29, dimazales wrote:
So in Secret Sessions I tried to start a thread about DVDs with mem deck effects - that didn't work too well so I figured to switch to books. The problem I came across is that I couldn't find a lot of the bibliography items from Tamariz or Aronson's books in print. There are other people who have effects, Barry Richardson is one, Mike Close is another, and Darwin Ortiz is another. I hope those are ALL the names that I know of. I want to find out more that are in print , maybe newer, less known perhaps.

If you're looking for some great sources for mem deck effects, check out my Memory Effects list. It's 68 pages long!

Most of the memdeck effects are listed in the "Covert Use of Memory Technique" section.
Damon Zale
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of Damon Zale
Scott , I had looked at your list long before this thread, but have some difficulty locating some of the actual books. For example , you mention books by Harvey A. Berg but I couldn't find Smile . I had a similar problem with Simon Aronson's bibliography items - things go out of print (or I am not good at looking)
BUT, it's an awesome resource ,thank you!
Cohiba
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
749 Posts

Profile of Cohiba
I haven't looked myself, but a site like H & R Magic Books might be a good place to search. Of course, you'd think Google would find it either way, so maybe not.
jman466
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of jman466
I believe that Tangled Web by Eric Mead has mem deck work in it. I know that Pit Hartling's Card Fictions has at least one effect (Finger Flicker) which has a section showing enhancements of the effect for mem deck users - I do not have the book in front of me, but I thought that there was another effect in that same book that was strictly mem deck as well. I believe that Larry Haas also has at least one effect that uses Aronson stack in a mental effect, but it is actually stack independent. Just my two cents.

Jason
Damon Zale
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of Damon Zale
Cohiba, using Harvey A. Berg as an example, I couldn't find it on that site either. I think its out of print - the only thing I did find was his book tests.

I read Tangled Web and loved the mem deck sections jman466, will have to get Pit Hartling's Card Fictions it sounds like:).
Kamal
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of Kamal
The effect in Tangled Web is great!
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1477 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
The Six-Hour Memorized Deck by Martin Joyal should be mentioned as well.
Boris Wild has published some strong material on marked and memorized decks, scattered through various books and videos.
tpearman
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
53 Posts

Profile of tpearman
Mnemonica as has been mentioned before, is a great resource for the memorized deck
inaciolino
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of inaciolino
Tamariz is a genius, his Mnemonica is a clever piece of magic. I love Tamariz magic and his presentatios style. See you!!!
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2010-04-22 12:07, Dennis Loomis wrote:
A new work on memorized decks is at the printers. It's Danny Crauwels "System Maigret." It's about Danny's system which has some brilliant new thinking. However, the book is written in Dutch. An English Version of the system is being discussed and may well come out later. Stay tuned for more information.

Dennis Loomis

Dennis has me intrigued about the possibility of an English translation of this work. Status report please. Anyone?

Doing a Google search for Danny Crauwels "System Maigret" only has a single entry (and which refers a person back to this Café thread).

Thanks for any info.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4914 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Scams & Fantasies with Cards by Darwin Ortiz has several effects with memdeck magic, very good effects: http://archive.denisbehr.de/archive/resu......07&edit=
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
Actually, I was going to do the English translation of the System Maigrete, but since I didn't speak Dutch and Danny's English is not very good this just didn't work out. However, his book is available in Dutch and if you speak Dutch or have a translator available, I believe this would be an excellent system to learn. I shouldn't tip too much about it, but I'll tell you that each user of the system will have a different deck order based on lots of personal information pertaining to their family and friends which makes the learning and retraining of your stack very easy.

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1114 Posts

Profile of Chris
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2010, Dennis Loomis wrote:
A new work on memorized decks is at the printers. It's Danny Crauwels "System Maigret." It's about Danny's system which has some brilliant new thinking. However, the book is written in Dutch. An English Version of the system is being discussed and may well come out later. Stay tuned for more information.

Dennis Loomis

This has finally been adopted to English. More details here http://www.lybrary.com/the-stack-and-sys......175.html and even more details in my newsletter next week.
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Books with mem deck effects (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL