The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Max Manus (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

thorndyke
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
147 Posts

Profile of thorndyke
The motion picture Max Manus is playing in town right now.
A Norwegian film with subtitles would usually be the kiss of death for my tastes, but a local review made me curious so I bought my ticket.
Most of us are vaguely familiar with the resistance movement of the second world War, but mostly as a French underground kind of thing. Well, the Norwegians were no slouches at this either, and the title character is an amazing example of a real world person who deserves to be acknowledged for his intense efforts for Norwegian freedom.
The performances are quite good, and the look of the movie makes it feel like its the 1940s. The subtitles are just the right length and the story doesn't get lost for the slower readers among us.
Instead of lining up for Avatar at Imax, check this inspirational motion picture out and see real world freedom fighters facing real world SOBs.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Max Manus (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL