We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Donnie at Rings 'n Things II (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
TravisRobertson
View Profile
Regular user
Cedar Rapids, IA USA
199 Posts

Profile of TravisRobertson
I just wanted to take a minute to publically thank Donnie Buckley at RNT2 for providing great costumer service. I recently placed a fairly large order with him including some cups, Lippincott box, a couple sets of balls and some of his new two-colored bags. Anyway, to make a long story short, I accidentally ordered the wrong size of balls and contacted Donnie after recieving my package and realizing my mistake. Donnie was very helpful in letting me exchange them for different size sets of balls and even sent out the replacements before I was able to return the ones Id recieved. Donnie is a class act and because of the way that I was treated while dealing with him, I will definitely be a returning customer (as soon as theres some more money in the bank account and the fiance lets me out of the dog house Smile ) and recommend that if you have not visited the new RNT2 or dealt with Donnie, it is definitely worth checking out. I promise you will not be dissappointed in his customer service or the great products that he offers. Thanks again, Donnie!
I am looking to buy Pressley Guitar items in good condition. Send me a PM for details.
dsalley13
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of dsalley13
Same here Travis.

I changed my mind on ball size and he took care of me the exact same way as he did you. I won't buy real dedicated cups and balls items anywhere else now.

Donnie gave me more help than any Magic manufacturer I have ever known and I am probably one of the smallest (spending-wise) customer he has. He put together a special set of cups for me, 3 of his copper PF mini Chop cups. He treated me like an old friend and gave me guidance that was invaluable.

As a bonus, Donnie now carries Michael Myatt's (of Moonlight Magic) wands, Okito boxes, and soon to be seen performance table tops. The best of both worlds!

Now I join you in trying to replenish my Magic budget. So many cups, so many books........arrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!................

dsalley13
Donnie Buckley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Cleveland, Ohio
1123 Posts

Profile of Donnie Buckley
Travis and Doris,
You two are very welcome. Thank you very much for the kind words and encouragement.
I'm blushing.
Because RNT2 and Magpie Magic is not a BIG magic retailer, but instead we are a niche manufacturer, I am very familiar with the product and can assist you when necessary. It doesn't make me exceptional, it just means you are dealing with a small specialized company that pays attention to details!

Thanks again.
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
A set of yellow stingers wasn't included in my order and Donnie took care of it immediately.
MANY THANKS!

Still have to cash in some empty soda cans before I can get those Chick Cups.
It will happen.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
55Hudson
View Profile
Special user
Minneapolis
982 Posts

Profile of 55Hudson
I also recieved great service from Donnie - and as a first time buyer from RNT! Quick response to a questions over a weekend, order placed Sunday night and delivery by end of week! Very happy customer here!

Thanks again Donnie!
Hudson
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
I just want to add to the chorus.

I recently discovered that one of my original RNT2 Paul Fox Mini mini cups (spun by Jake and Co.) either had a hairline crack in it when delivered (late last year) or developed the hairline crack while sitting on my shelf).

Since the rnt2.com URL link had been transferred to Donnie I did not have a current email address for Jake. So, I contacted Donnie and asked for him to have Jake give me a call.

Donnie advised that Jake was no longer spinning cups and then Donnie asked me to send the cup set to him (i.e., Donnie) to look at. I mailed out the cup set last Monday afternoon. On Wednesday, Donnie contacted me and advised that the crack was a "factory defect" (albeit inadvertent) and he advised that he (Donnie) was going to send me a new replacement set that he had spun and he was going to just "eat the cups" that I had sent in!! The replacement cup set arrived yesterday (Saturday) and look perfect.

Total time elapsed form start to finish? Six days!!

In a PM to me, Donnie had commented, in part:

"What I did for you was done because you are geniune and your cups were legitimately defective. I don't have a hard and fast return policy, warantee, or replacement plan in place yet, but I know what's right.

Basically, I'm just pleased to be able to take care of you on this PF Mini Cup issue. I love those cups and I want to do FOR YOU what I would want done FOR ME (if I was in your shoes)."

And, while I had the feeling that Donnie was treating me special..the amazing thing is that I felt that he was not treating me any differently than he would treat any other customer or potential customer.

Now THAT'S Customer Service!! It doesn't get any better than that. On a scale of 1-10, Donnie's customer service is at least a 15.

Thanks again, Donnie.
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24280 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I can second, third and fourth that.

Donnie takes special pains with his customers. He treats people the way he wants to be treated.

That's a very important lesson in business.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
magiclimber
View Profile
Veteran user
Boulder, Colorado
315 Posts

Profile of magiclimber
I just ordered a set of paul fox minis from Donnie. I corresponded with him first to ask about the bright chrome finish before I made my purchase. He not only was extremely helpful with that question but also made sure I knew about the different size balls for the minis. He made several other comments and suggestions to make sure I knew exactly what I was getting.

It was clear he went above and beyond to make sure I would be satisfied. He really provided great customer service and I'm glad I can give my business to him. Spending what some people consider to be a lot for a set of cups is easy when you know your getting a quality product and quality customer service!

Great cups and great service!
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
Did someone say, "performance table tops"?
Pant, pant...
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1080 Posts

Profile of BCS
Don is a great guy…. Has always been… even before he stepped into the Mad Clown’s shoes. Bill hit the nail on the head; Don treats people the way he wants to be treated. Such a simple business lesson that so many just seem not to get.

Bruce
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1472 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Donnie is a class act all the way.
"But there isn't a door"
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1303 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
I totally agree Donnie is a class act all the way.
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
My experience with Donnie supports all the praise on this thread.
Donnie knows how to build relationships. His products are superb and don’t need further boosting from me – but anyone who might be sitting on the fence when considering an RNT2 product should be assured they are dealing with an ethical human being. In this business, basic trust is the coin of the realm and in that department, Donnie’s cups runneth over!
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
Donnie Buckley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Cleveland, Ohio
1123 Posts

Thank you all.
It is, and will remain, entirely my pleasure.

Donnie
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
Can't believe I missed this thread. I can't add anything more to what has already been said.

Donnie is a stand up guy, the real deal...

Bri
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24280 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I sent in an order for some special items. These had to be constructed basically from the ground up. I'm not going to tip what they are/were, because they will be part of a special "concept" routine I'm working on.

All I can say is that I received the final version today. They were precisely what I need for this particular routine. The prices were absolutely right, possibly a bit too low, for this kind of work.

Bravo!!!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Donnie Buckley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Cleveland, Ohio
1123 Posts

Thank you Bill, you were actually quite easy to work with. You knew what you wanted, you didn't ask for the impossible, and you didn't ask me to front $2000 for some tooling!
Sorry I didn't charge you enough Smile But I did learn something from you in the exchange that is worth more than gold.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24280 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I just call 'em like I see 'em, Donnie.

BTW, I should have those other items we were discussing in just a few days.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
Arghhh! All this is driving me crazy! I want to know what the gadget "Q" built for you is Bill!!!!!!

Bri
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1080 Posts

Profile of BCS
Bri… SPECTRE chatter reveals that they suspect that there are lasers involved.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Donnie at Rings 'n Things II (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL