The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Bill Switch for Large Group? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
642 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
Hey there.

I'm looking for a good bill switch for a large group of people. For sake of clarity, what I want is to switch one bill for another without the audience knowing before the effect with the bill begins. So switches in which there is excessive folding is something I'm trying to avoid. Anyone have any good suggestions of where to look for switching in one bill for another for a large audience?

Thanks!
Krazyjay
View Profile
Loyal user
One hand typed all
266 Posts

Profile of Krazyjay
What type of effect are you looking to do? Are you on a stage?

Jeremy
brody
View Profile
Inner circle
Omaha
1313 Posts

Profile of brody
I've always used the Scarne Bill switch.3 folds. no fiddlin' around.
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
642 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
Quote:
On 2010-05-02 11:18, Krazyjay wrote:
What type of effect are you looking to do? Are you on a stage?

Jeremy

Rich Ferguson's Serial Biller. I messaged him and he gave me some really good ideas, just thought I'd see what other methods are out there some people may be using and having success with that I may not have come across in my research.
Krazyjay
View Profile
Loyal user
One hand typed all
266 Posts

Profile of Krazyjay
I don't know the effect. I only read the description. If I were to do this effect I would casually pat down my pockets looking for a pen to write down the serial number down. In that action I would put both hands in the pocket, come out with the pen in one hand and the bill in the other. You have enough time to switch the bill. That's the way I would do it. Keep it short, make it look like your looking for a pen.

Jeremy
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2783 Posts

Profile of John Long
Himber wallet

Using another object (eg a wallet or card), the switch is done w/o it appearing like you are doing anything:
Mexican Turnover
R Jaxsons "bold switch" where bill is switched when placed on a wallet (he posted this on the Café)
Hot Chocolate in Art of astonishment V3, License to Thrill V1; Counterfeit Spectator V2
Tamariz Switch in Pocket Power's TP to egg
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
marcjh
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
136 Posts

Profile of marcjh
Larry Becker has a solution that you might want to check out.

See "Visual Aid" on the Larry Becker Standing Ovation Video. (If I recall correctly, this was once a marketed effect.)
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1170 Posts

Profile of Salby
Daniel Garcia has a VERY DECEPTIVE way of doing just this in his FRAUD routine.

He borrows a bill, switches it in plain sight (without the spectator noticing it) and then uses the gimmicked bill for the routine that he lets the spectator keep.

Take a look at it.
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
642 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. Very much appreciated. I think I found the perfect solution for what I was looking for.

What I came up with was handing a spectator a piece of paper from a pad as I take his bill fold it into quarters on top of the pad, making the two creases needed for the effect, then hand my spec the sharpie and do Paul Harris's wallet bill switch from AoA using the pad of paper as I would the wallet as I hand the bill to my spec to write down the serial number of his bill.

Looks very clean, and it only uses the props involved in the effect. I'm very happy with this solution. Thanks again for the help, guys. Much appreciated. Smile
ajsmola
View Profile
New user
Kalamazoo, Michigan
35 Posts

Profile of ajsmola
Has anyone had experience with the "W-Wallet?"

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=S9187

There are you-tube videos of this also and it looks like an amazing prop for switching bills, cards, envelopes, etc. It also opens the same way before and after the switch, so it seems to be better than a standard himber wallet.

Anyone who owns one of these and has any advice about it, I'd appreciate hearing it!

Best,
Alan
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5771 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
One of the best is a switch in Annemann's Practical Mental Effects. It's credited to Lyons, and when performed properly, is impossible to detect.
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
885 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
Sounds like you have a plan.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Bill Switch for Large Group? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL