The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Kutztown Convention 2010 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Ktown is by far the best event east of the Mississippi! If that huge soiree in Texas ever shuts down, Ktown will take the nation!
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Quote:
On 2010-06-09 22:59, Eric Jones wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-06-09 12:54, TKO MAGIC wrote:
Added to the convention: The Dr. of Smooth Eric Jones

You're a nut Todd....Dr. of Smooth...lmao...

And I have copyrighted my name for Eric, "America's Guy Hollingworth."

Had a blast at K-town last year, and intend to be there again.
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
Just a reminder guys, don't let the discount period for registration slip by - still plenty of time - deadline for discount registration is Sept 1st

See you all there
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
Natanel
View Profile
Special user
739 Posts

Profile of Natanel
This sounds really nice but I am crazy broke right now. Thanks to Al for pointing me in this direction though.

Would love to hang with Eric Jones again too - if you ever wanna party in Baltimore jsut hit me up!
People who work for Theory 11: Do you want a young guy without a stupid gelled haircut or eurotrash jeans for your videos? PM me.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Natanel
I would recomend to anyone that lives within driving distance of Kutztown, Pa. to go there this year, and every year.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
I drove all the way from DC last year and it was really worth it! David Williamson was phenomenal. Where do I sign?

And, Todd, the dessert was fine (there are some people who will complain about absolutely everything). I too found Kuntztown to be the best convention of the five or six I've attended, and by a wide margin . . .
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
Here's the info and registration form link:

http://ring32.rhomepage.com/Events/KTown2010FlyerReg.pdf
TKO MAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of TKO MAGIC
Quote:
On 2010-07-20 15:56, Mumblemore wrote:
I drove all the way from DC last year and it was really worth it! David Williamson was phenomenal. Where do I sign?

And, Todd, the dessert was fine (there are some people who will complain about absolutely everything). I too found Kuntztown to be the best convention of the five or six I've attended, and by a wide margin . . .

Thank you very much. I don't really think people know how hard it is to run a successful convention.
You have to negotiate with the entertainers, the school, the caterers, the dealers, the hotel. Schedule people to pick up the performers from and to the airport and to and from the location of the show. The advertisement , phone calls, registrants. This is just some of the pre work that needs to be done. As you see the bigger we get I needed more help. RevMike over the past two or three years was a big help. He handled all the registrants himself. Now for this year we finally got smart and put a committee together. Because I think I will be retiring from the Kutztown convention this year. There is so much work involved during the day we even have some of the wives work all day.
So why I am on a rant let me take this time to give thanks to people who really deserve it.
1. Nancey - for the past 15 years or more she sat out in the lobby and did took the tix, registrants and collected any other money that was raised. And she hates magic too. She comes just to support us and Bob Remaley rewards her with a lobster dinner.

2. Amy Parsons - She does all the signs, posters, 50/50 drawings, chinese raffle, etc... o yeah and run for Rocco's grocery list

3. Dan Munsels wife and Lynne Lafferty for doing the concession stand all day.

4. Rich and Kori Gerber - she's are ginny pig/gopher she's always on stand by

These for women help out every year and never ask for anything in return.

Thank You

With out RevMike doing advertisement and handling the registrants this wouldn't be near the success it is.
Ryan Parsons helped out every year and he wasn't even a member of the Assembly.
And I would like to thank Kainoa Harbottle and Eric Jones as well these guys come every year to support us.

I would love to list everybody's name but I would miss someone and .....blah blah blah

But it does truly take about 25 of us to run this convention.
TKO MAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of TKO MAGIC
PS. THIS YEAR WILL BE THE BEST EVER!!!!!!!! Who can match that killer line up????
I'm glad I'm leaving on top.

Todd
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
Reminder - Discount period over at the end of August - Save $10.00 and get me your registrations.
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Is there a final list of the performers that will be there?
TKO MAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of TKO MAGIC
We are still adding more Al. So we are going to wait a little bit longer before we post everything.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
TODD
Is it Criss Angel??? Your love for his work is famous.
TKO MAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of TKO MAGIC
I think I can guarantee that Criss Angel will not be there. lol
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
Thanks for all the registrations pouring in - keep them coming but dinners are filling up quickly - you might not want to wait until the last minute this year. The maximum nr of dinners we can serve is 250, however, there is no number on our actual attendees - the more the merrier.

Come on out - This year will be a blast!!!!
squando
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of squando
Who else is coming?
Frank
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
Probably have about 50-60 dinners left max, so if you want the dinner, get your registrations in now.

Again, no limit to the number of all day tickets, but there is a limit to the dinners.

Thanks

Mike
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
Quick Update on Kutztown:

We have about 40 meals left as of today. We are in the process of finalizing a couple more dealers and perhaps a couple more surprises. If you need more info let me know.

In addition, there will be a workshop on Friday, Nov. 12th at Mingus Magic at 7:00 PM with Fielding West who will discuss stage presentation, dove work, and much, much more. The cost for this workshop is $35.00 or $25.00 if you already purchased an all-day ticket to Kutztown.

There are only a few seats available for this workshop as space is limited. If interested please contact me.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Quote:
On 2010-08-24 17:37, TKO MAGIC wrote:
I think I can guarantee that Criss Angel will not be there. lol

Are you bluffing to add to the surprise? Smile
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Revmike
With four weeks to go I would like to know who these surprises are?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Kutztown Convention 2010 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL