The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Turning enquiries into bookings! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
John Breeds
View Profile
Veteran user
England
336 Posts

Profile of John Breeds
Thank you Flymo.

Go to Practical Magic's website

practical magic

and click on each of the 'specimens'. These are on the same page as the ad for the book. Each will give a pdf preview of the contents:

John
ColinDymond
View Profile
Special user
Gloucestershire, England
675 Posts

Profile of ColinDymond
Everyone should buy John's book then he can retire and pass all his work to me!
trickychaz
View Profile
Special user
West Virginia
549 Posts

Profile of trickychaz
Being that I am still learning business...I have no room to speak from a professional standpoint, but Donalds stuff is right on as well as others. Here is what I do...If the customer says I need to get back with you...I say well that's the neat thing about my show..I can go ahead and take your information and hold your date and payment isn't due until the show. If I don't hear back in a week I follow up....it's a win win, b/c you have their information to follow up with newsletters etc.

I like to count my leads as potential for future business and how an ad pulls. If my advertising is providing me many non qualified leads.....track your results to see what is working and whats not. Keep a list of those "B" list leads and when business is slow send them a discount coupon to make your show more affordable.....just my 2 cents and what I do...again it's what I do.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Chaz
Good to see you back again
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
trickychaz
View Profile
Special user
West Virginia
549 Posts

Profile of trickychaz
Many people just answer the phone (or worse don't answer or call back at all) When they do answer they quote a price and then let the client lead the call with an objection. They miss out on so many opportunities when they don't get follow up info for the client. I like to get an address out of every call to ensure that I can follow up by my preferred method "direct mail"
ScottRSullivan
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of ScottRSullivan
John, I am getting a warning that your site is unsafe and has suspected malware on it. Just thought you should know.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11911 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Uh Ohh..................
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Special user
Living in Perth Western Australia
973 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
If you are talking to John Breeds Scott, he is on holidays for a couple of weeks and will most likely be without internet.
Al Kazam --> Magic guy in Perth Australia
MagicJim
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of MagicJim
I usually book about 70% of the inquiries, Most people have seen me perform or no someone that has seen me perform. If not I refer them to the website. If you are booking nearly 100% of the inquiries, your price is far too low.

Good points have been made on this thread...
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11911 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
70 percent, wow. I have been sending proposals after the first call and not getting anything back. The proposals I know are tight because its a scaled down/up pricing depending on the time duration etc. May and June have been slow but checking my 2009 calender, it was the same. Hope July will be better things to come.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Turning enquiries into bookings! (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL